PDA

View Full Version : White Sox Bullpen: Could it be a Problem?

Dynasty
10-16-2005, 11:46 PM
The White Sox won Games 2-5 of the ALCS with complete games from their starting pitchers. In game 1, they only releiver who pitched was Cotts and he got just 2/3 of an inning of work.

The World Series starts on Saturday. This means that all but one of the White Sox relievers will not have gotten any work in a game for more than two weeks. Even in the Boston series, the bullpen only got 7 1/3 innings of work. So, in nearly three weeks, the bullpen has pitched less than 8 innings combined. I assume they also got some rest during the final weekend of the regular season.

The starters deserve all the praise they'll get. But, relievers usually need regular work to stay sharp and the White Sox relievers haven't been getting it.

Do you see this as a potential problem for the White Sox? If their starters do have problems, will the bullpen be rusty from lack of work?

LoaferGee12
10-16-2005, 11:50 PM
Nah, simulation games will be suffice. Same thing happened with Garland.

ThaSaltCracka
10-16-2005, 11:54 PM
I think the clear solution for the White Sox bullpen is a round of slump busters for all. That should do the trick.

GuyOnTilt
10-17-2005, 01:12 AM
If they face Houston in the WS, every aspect of everything will be a problem for them. The 'Stros will DESTROY them!!! DESTROOOY!!!!!

GoT

ThaSaltCracka
10-17-2005, 01:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If they face Houston in the WS, every aspect of everything will be a problem for them. The 'Stros will DESTROY them!!! DESTROOOY!!!!!

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]where you been all year?

GuyOnTilt
10-17-2005, 01:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]
Those who know me know I've been with them all year. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

GoT

stanky
10-17-2005, 01:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel bad for the fans of which ever team we face in the World Series. I mean to come that far only to get swept, it would probably result in alot of grown men crying...and no one wants to see that.

GuyOnTilt
10-17-2005, 01:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I feel bad for the fans of which ever team we face in the World Series. I mean to come that far only to get swept, it would probably result in alot of grown men crying...and no one wants to see that.

[/ QUOTE ]
I refuse to participate in any more trash talking until we get done with what we need to get done first. GET PUMPED FOR GAME 5!!!!!!!

GoT

ThaSaltCracka
10-17-2005, 01:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]
Those who know me know I've been with them all year. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]You an Astros fan?? What nexts? Oklahoma State???

stanky
10-17-2005, 02:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you see this as a potential problem for the White Sox? If their starters do have problems, will the bullpen be rusty from lack of work?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it will be a problem. Don Cooper's a great pitching coach and I'm sure he'll keep them loose. In fact through out the series it looked like he had all of them up and throwing at some point in the game, even when the starters weren't in trouble. Now I'm sure ESPN will probably focus on this and hype it up, but they did the same thing for Garland and he came in on 13 days rest and was dominant

GuyOnTilt
10-17-2005, 02:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]
/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

GoT

ThaSaltCracka
10-17-2005, 02:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]
/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

hehe /images/graemlins/grin.gif

pokerdirty
10-17-2005, 05:35 PM
i predict 4 more CGs from the White Sox Squad, when Ozzie Guillen gets distracted by a fly buzzing around in the dugout.