PDA

View Full Version : What is Annika Smokin?

Clarkmeister
06-01-2003, 11:51 AM
Quote from ESPN this morning about playing on the PGA tour with the men...

"If I played all year, played like 30 tournaments and got to choose the tournaments, I'd be top 100 on the money list"

Ummmmmm, there is zero chance of that. Does she think there are 30 tournaments with weakish fields and short distances like Colonial? Heck, its debatable whether or not she could even qualify for that many tournaments once her 5 sponsors exemptions were gone.

She seems to have gotten braver after leaving Texas when she was quoted as saying "I don't belong out here".

HDPM
06-01-2003, 01:24 PM
All she has to do is pay her 4000 and make it through Q-School. Then she can prove it. I wonder why she has never tried q-school?

Clarkmeister
06-01-2003, 02:29 PM
It would sure seem in her best interest to do so. as of last weekend, 5th place on the LPGA earned as much money as 90th on the PGA money list. And Se Ri Pak's first place earnings of $562k is the equivalent of 58th place money on the Mens tour.

Its old. She tried under ideal circumstances and couldn't sniff the cut. Put up or shut up. I like her but this sudden false bravado is irritating.

Glenn
06-01-2003, 02:33 PM
I agree. I've always watched her and liked her, but all this crap about how she proved herself is annoying. She proved that she could not compete at that level, even under fairly ideal circumstances. Sure, she didn't come in last, but she did miss the cut as was 13 or 14 shots off the lead. And she really didn't play worse than she normally does. I wish her luck but all of this praise is getting on my nerves.

JTG51
06-01-2003, 03:49 PM
Mabye she meant if she played 30 PGA tour events she could still make the top 100 on the LPGA money list? /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

I'm surprised to hear her say that. Like you said, she seemed to have a pretty good understanding of how she stacked up against the men in the couple of days following the Colonial.

I wish she had played this week at the Memorial instead. Better yet, maybe she should play in the US Open.