PDA

View Full Version : Suspicious enough to warrant investigation?

RiverMel
06-01-2003, 10:57 AM
Ok, let me preface this by saying that I'm fairly sure I was *not* colluded against. My question is whether this is suspicious enough to be worth writing to Stars about to have them check it out.

Final 6 in a $55 PL tourney, top 5 get paid. Figures are approximate, PC1 = possible colluder 1, PV1 = possible victim 1.

Player PC1 has $25,000
Player PC2 has $13,000
Player PC3 has $3,000
I (PV1) have $5,000
Player PV2 has $5,000
Player PV3 has $5,000

The seating is such that PC1 has the button and PC2 has the CO whenever PC3 has the big blind.

In about 10-15 orbits, PC1 and PC2 NEVER raised preflop when PC3 was on the big blind. PC1 and PC2 RELENTLESSLY raised the big blinds of myself and PV2. The relentless raising of my blind and PV2's blind is not unusual and I would actually expect it. The fact that they were being so aggressive against everyone but this one particular person made me somewhat suspicious.

After I was knocked out on the bubble, the same pattern continued. PC1 and PC2 kept raising PV2's big blind, and never raised PC3's.

Am I just a sore loser, or is it worth the e-mail to Stars?

maplepig
06-01-2003, 11:20 AM
it's suspicous that they still play this style after you busted out, but when on the bubble, I think it's quite normal. when I am the chip leader, I always raise the medium stack and keep the low stack around. As long as the low stack is around, the medium stack is forced to play tight. On the other hand, play aggressively on low stack is meaningless, the low stack is always looking for chance to go allin and double up.

I would email support if I feel suspicious, nothing wrong with that.

RiverMel
06-01-2003, 11:26 AM
Yeah, I agree with what you said. A large part of my suspicion arises from the play that went on after I busted out. Anyway, the more I think about this the less likely I think something fishy went on. But I may just e-mail Stars and see how they handle it.