PDA

View Full Version : Petriv "Hold'Em Odds"

Brad22
10-16-2005, 09:08 PM
Anyone read?

Is this the best source of info on odds for hold'em, or are there others?

Luv2DriveTT
10-17-2005, 12:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone read?

Is this the best source of info on odds for hold'em, or are there others?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bill Chen's book is coming out soon, its safe to wait for his title since it is nearly guaranteed to be good. I just gave my copy of Petrov's book to a math wiz friend as a gift, if that tells you anything.

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

binions
10-17-2005, 09:32 AM
This is the best holdem math book currently available, although it does contain some minor double-counting errors.

I bought it relatively early in my poker experience, and it helped my game.

Brad22
10-17-2005, 09:52 AM
What I'm looking for really is outs calculations in most situations, and percentages of hand matchups, % 2 cards win vs. any random hand, etc.

Should I wait for the new book Luv2DriveTT, or is Petriv good enough? It sounds somewhat advanced, as I'm not looking for every single possible number that I would probably not calculate at the table.

PJS
10-17-2005, 10:52 AM
"What I'm looking for really is outs calculations in most situations, and percentages of hand matchups, % 2 cards win vs. any random hand, etc."

The book certainly contains the above. However, it does require some digesting.

gildwulf
10-17-2005, 02:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What I'm looking for really is outs calculations in most situations, and percentages of hand matchups, % 2 cards win vs. any random hand, etc.

Should I wait for the new book Luv2DriveTT, or is Petriv good enough? It sounds somewhat advanced, as I'm not looking for every single possible number that I would probably not calculate at the table.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pokerstove does this for free, except for calculating outs which you can also find on the net for free.

10-17-2005, 03:43 PM
I have been meaning to ask an important question.

Who is the girl in your avatar?

Luv2DriveTT
10-18-2005, 07:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Then Petrov is far more advanced that what you are looking for. I would assume Chens book will be the same.

Brad22
10-19-2005, 12:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Then Petrov is far more advanced that what you are looking for. I would assume Chens book will be the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

I basically thought this is all the math that I need to know. What else is in the Petriv book that someone would need to use in hold'em?