PDA

View Full Version : moving to the $50's

zambonidrivr
10-16-2005, 08:27 PM
took me a while to build the roll through the $10's, but once I did, I have quickly progressed through the $20's & $30's where I am now comfortable taking a stab at the $50's. I understand that starting chips in these are $1000 vs. $800. Any advice? Stick to the same successful plan? Does the larger stack encourage more early action? seems like this structure will extend the bubble? Please help!

J

MegaBet
10-16-2005, 08:41 PM
You will find a large fishbowl at the $55s. If you're winning, stick to the same gameplan. You will be amazed at the awful players there. 1000 chips v 800 chips isn't that big of a deal.

zambonidrivr
10-16-2005, 08:43 PM
Thanks. I was suprised how quickly I was able to move through the 20's & 30's. I thought the play would really improve. From other posts, I have read that play on the $55's greatly improves... thats not your impression? Guess it depends on the person and style of play. Thanks for the info.

j

MegaBet
10-16-2005, 08:49 PM
Play significantly improves from the $109s upwards. Even then you will find some fish, but the really easy money ends at the (and including) the $55s.

10-16-2005, 10:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Play significantly improves from the $109s upwards. Even then you will find some fish, but the really easy money ends at the (and including) the $55s.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like the future is good.

Heh, Im currently at the 11s almost reading to go too the 22s. I was kinda scared from all the posts of people running horrid and [censored] in the 55s that it was a rock fest. I guess not. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

MegaBet
10-16-2005, 10:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, Im currently at the 11s almost reading to go too the 22s. I was kinda scared from all the posts of people running horrid and [censored] in the 55s that it was a rock fest. I guess not. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, you'll have your bad runs, that's variance. The people b!tching about these bad runs just do not understand this. So long as the bad run is because of outdraws rather than bad decisions or tilting, you'll be fine.

10-16-2005, 10:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, you'll have your bad runs, that's variance. The people b!tching about these bad runs just do not understand this. So long as the bad run is because of outdraws rather than bad decisions or tilting, you'll be fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

YAY!

*jumps up and down and claps hands*

Of course I will be fine... and yeah... I know the bad runs are b/c of variance. Well that and people pre-maturley move up too the 55s and cannot handle them.

A) Because they are short bankrolled.

or

B) Because they read 2+2 for a week and think they are a god. LOL! Then stop reading and lose all their money.

But hey... I am neither one of those. I will be here at 2+2 for along time to come and I will be kicking some ass in SNGs at Party for along time to come. /images/graemlins/smile.gif As long as there is a Party Poker... which there should be for along time to come.

Anyways... now I am babbling.

But yeah, thanks for the reinforcement MegaBet. You da man!

runner4life7
10-16-2005, 10:49 PM
in the past few days ive found the 55s to be a lot easier than I had expected. The swings are rough. At one point today I was down 550 overall at the 55s only to finish up 750, so a 1300 swing. A little crazy but cant complain if it ended on the right side.

So yeah if you are fine at the 30s and have the BR go for the 50s, worst thing that happens is you have to drop back for a little bit if you hit a bad run.

MegaBet
10-16-2005, 11:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
But yeah, thanks for the reinforcement MegaBet. You da man!

[/ QUOTE ]

Me da man! Hell yeah!

1C5
10-16-2005, 11:38 PM
What bankroll are you going into the 55s with and how many 22s and 33s did you play and what ROI at both?

Thanks and goodluck.