PDA

View Full Version : Mod Battle Round 2

MEbenhoe
10-16-2005, 08:12 PM
Round 1 is over, most of the favorites advanced, but in the biggest upset of the first round AZK's popularity from MHPLNL was enough to knock off the #9 seed [censored]. The closest match of the first round was Angry Cola knocking off BigBaitsim(Milo) by only 4 votes in the 15 vs 18 matchup, and the biggest blowout was MatSklansky defeating stabn by 245 votes. Now the question turns to this round, will durron597's support from the SNG forum be enough for him to knock off the #1 seed commodus.

xorbie
10-16-2005, 08:44 PM
And AZK continues to roll. NL > other forms of poker.

IndieMatty
10-16-2005, 08:51 PM
7 v 10 is gonna be close.

MegaBet
10-16-2005, 08:53 PM
DURRON!! DURRON!! DURRON!! DURRON!! DURRON!! DURRON!!

My name is durron597, commander of the armies of the SNG forum...and I will have my revenge, in this life or the next!

DOWN WITH THE EVIL EMPEROR COMMODUS!!

MEbenhoe
10-16-2005, 08:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

looking like almost every matchup is gonna be a close one this round.

private joker
10-16-2005, 08:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think AZK's victory was also due in large part to OOTiots voting against [censored]. You could have put a troll newbie against [censored] and he would have gotten 40% of the vote.

(But I voted for [censored] because he's pretty cool when he's not banning BoxTree).

TheBlueMonster
10-16-2005, 08:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
'cept for Commodus and M. Sklansky

MegaBet
10-16-2005, 09:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
'cept for Commodus and M. Sklansky

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I almost feel sorry for Commodus. He got a rough draw going up against Durron. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

KDawgCometh
10-16-2005, 09:05 PM
wacki/ent and GoT/NolanFan are rough. I like all of them

Mat Sklansky
10-16-2005, 09:06 PM
I don't think I should be in this contest. I wish to concede to Angry Cola.

TheBlueMonster
10-16-2005, 09:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
modesty?

lem45216
10-16-2005, 09:15 PM
And Durron says he'll donate 100% of his future p*ker earnings to the starving nations of the world if you vote for him.

Thanks Durron.
Durron for emperor of the world!

MEbenhoe
10-16-2005, 09:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/frown.gif explanation? should i just chalk up this round as an AngryCola victory despite what the poll says? opinions?

BobboFitos
10-16-2005, 09:19 PM
i dont see commodus losing this

MegaBet
10-16-2005, 09:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Keep watching.

valenzuela
10-16-2005, 09:26 PM
Why should we choose durron over commodus?
-upsets make contests more intresting.
-commodus reaction will be intresting.
-durron proposed commodus promotion to mod, where is the dececny ppl, where??!!! /images/graemlins/mad.gif

durron597
10-16-2005, 09:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
-durron proposed commodus promotion to mod, where is the dececny ppl, where??!!! /images/graemlins/mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I almost voted for Commodus over myself. If I was that close for my own decision, and I'm in the race, I have no chance.

valenzuela
10-16-2005, 09:32 PM
you are way too modest, btw it should be noted that durron comeback was the biggest, he overcamed a deficit of like 25 votes( which I expect him to do so once again, ppl are smart and they know that durron is the better choice. )

durron597
10-16-2005, 09:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Keep watching.

[/ QUOTE ]

You certainly have a lot more faith than I do, but hey, I support that.

Clarkmeister
10-16-2005, 09:34 PM
While we are voting people off the island, how about a "worst moderator" and that person loses his/her moderating authority.

TheBlueMonster
10-16-2005, 09:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
While we are voting people off the island, how about a "worst moderator" and that person loses his/her moderating authority.

[/ QUOTE ]
ooh, I don't think this will go over too well...

TheMainEvent
10-16-2005, 09:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/frown.gif explanation? should i just chalk up this round as an AngryCola victory despite what the poll says? opinions?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's how it would be handled in any other tournament.

MegaBet
10-16-2005, 09:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Keep watching.

[/ QUOTE ]

You certainly have a lot more faith than I do, but hey, I support that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm just loyal, I look after my peeps /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Jurollo
10-16-2005, 09:39 PM
Couple of battles raging this round, I hope I at least make it to the elite eight.
~Justin

lorinda
10-16-2005, 09:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

With Mat out of the running, the only person who can stop Commodus is Durron.

Things will get very boring if we know the winner with several more rounds of voting still to come.

Lori

MegaBet
10-16-2005, 09:41 PM
Go Jurollo!

Well, at least until you face durron. That could be a tongue twister /images/graemlins/grin.gif

valenzuela
10-16-2005, 09:56 PM
OMG durron down by 15, hold onto your seats ladies & gentlemen!!! Its up to you boring contest or exciting upsets!!

imported_anacardo
10-16-2005, 10:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The hell with that!

M-A-T-T MAT MAT MAT!

CardSharpCook
10-16-2005, 11:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I reject this concession. But I will vote against you at every opportunity.

stabn
10-16-2005, 11:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

7 v 10
You may choose only one
GoT
nolanfan34

[/ QUOTE ]

How am i supposed to choose? This blows ;(.

BottlesOf
10-16-2005, 11:22 PM
Tough to win on the road....

MEbenhoe
10-16-2005, 11:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Tough to win on the road....

[/ QUOTE ]

still pretty close, you just need to rally some support.

stabn
10-16-2005, 11:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you think people would really vote on moderating ability?

BottlesOf
10-16-2005, 11:29 PM
Technically Mat is an administrator and not a moderator?

Red > Green

Clarkmeister
10-16-2005, 11:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that it's inconceivable that each of 30ish moderators are all good. Whichever one gets voted off, regardless of *why* people voted him/her off, is overwhelmingly likely to suck at some part of the job.

MEbenhoe
10-16-2005, 11:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Technically Mat is an administrator and not a moderator?

Red > Green

[/ QUOTE ]

this is true, but i included him because he is listed as a moderator of certain forums.

MEbenhoe
10-16-2005, 11:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that it's inconceivable that each of 30ish moderators are all good. Whichever one gets voted off, regardless of *why* people voted him/her off, is overwhelmingly likely to suck at some part of the job.

[/ QUOTE ]

this might be true if it was a site wide vote, but if held in OOT it would likely be some mod from a forum that no one has ever heard of.

stabn
10-16-2005, 11:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

While i agree that it's likely that the mod voted off would be a poor moderator i think there is still a fair chance that the person voted off is actually a good moderator. Taking action like that based on an OOT poll seems silly to me. This is especially true because of how much gimmick account spoofing is done in these polls (unless you run it with this one and have someone hand tally it).

I'd probably support it if instead of voting off the moderator who loses we take the top who highest vote counts and create a "do you want to keep x as a mod" poll in their respective forum.

Clarkmeister
10-16-2005, 11:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd probably support it if instead of voting off the moderator who loses we take the top who highest vote counts and create a "do you want to keep x as a mod" poll in their respective forum

[/ QUOTE ]

That seems like a reasonable idea.

siccjay
10-17-2005, 12:04 AM
Can I get a Mat Sklansky and a Commodus exacta box?

nolanfan34
10-17-2005, 12:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

7 v 10
You may choose only one
GoT
nolanfan34

[/ QUOTE ]

How am i supposed to choose? This blows ;(.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll admit, it's hard to beat an Asian guy who used to have an afro. I have no counter to that.

ptmusic
10-17-2005, 12:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He said he "wishes"; that's not an order. It's more of a hope. But he's made some great posts and some great mod decisions. I think we should keep him in for these reasons. Besides he is the only worthy challenge to Commodus.

-ptmusic

durron597
10-17-2005, 01:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He said he "wishes"; that's not an order. It's more of a hope. But he's made some great posts and some great mod decisions. I think we should keep him in for these reasons. Besides he is the only worthy challenge to Commodus.

-ptmusic

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not doing terribly. Though I'm still going to lose by a ton.

Mat Sklansky
10-17-2005, 01:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As long as we're experimenting with [censored] and his unorthodox ways, I think this is a grand idea. Of course, since I am an administrator and ineligible to win that contest, it is also right that I not be included in this one.

Clarkmeister
10-17-2005, 01:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As long as we're experimenting with [censored] and his unorthodox ways, I think this is a grand idea. Of course, since I am an administrator and ineligible to win that contest, it is also right that I not be included in this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/smile.gif

ononimo
10-17-2005, 01:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, who's in charge of getting this off the ground?

Dynasty
10-17-2005, 02:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It was Clarkmeister's idea. So, he should be the one to do the work. At the very least, he should get somebody else to do it.

Clarkmeister
10-17-2005, 02:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It was Clarkmeister's idea. So, he should be the one to do the work. At the very least, he should get somebody else to do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Go for it. I don't know half these people.

tonypaladino
10-17-2005, 02:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would suggest it be done in a simmilar way to the jake vs thinman contest, not as a poll, so that gimmick/fake accounts cannot vote.

Edit: Or use a poll where the results cannot be viewed until the end. That would probably cut down on the vote-pumping,

I volunteer to coordinate if no one else wants to.

ononimo
10-17-2005, 02:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would suggest it be done in a simmilar way to the jake vs thinman contest, not as a poll, so that gimmick/fake accounts cannot vote.

[/ QUOTE ]

if Clarkmeister doesn't want to do it, he should designate you as his proxy.

Clarkmeister
10-17-2005, 02:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

if Clarkmeister doesn't want to do it, he should designate you as his proxy.

[/ QUOTE ]

If Dynasty doesn't want it, I'd nominate MEBenhoe since his thread kind of started the idea. But whatever. I know I won't be doing it.

Dynasty
10-17-2005, 02:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[
If Dynasty doesn't want it, I'd nominate MEBenhoe since his thread kind of started the idea. But whatever. I know I won't be doing it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course, I don't want it. I tried to dump in on you to tick you off.

ThaSaltCracka
10-17-2005, 02:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course, I don't want it. I tried to dump in on you to tick you off.

[/ QUOTE ]I hate this idea, because all of the bad posters will vote for [censored] because they don't want to get banned, thus this contest will be counterproductive to what we are trying to achieve here.

ononimo
10-17-2005, 02:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I hate this idea, because all of the bad posters will vote for [censored] because they don't want to get banned, thus this contest will be counterproductive to what we are trying to achieve here.

[/ QUOTE ]

if only the "bad posters" vote for [censored], there shouldn't be anything to worry about, assuming that "good posters" outnumber bad ones. if the good are outnumbered by bad, then there isn't anything that can be done to "save" OOT anyway.

[censored]
10-17-2005, 02:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I hate this idea, because all of the bad posters will vote for [censored] because they don't want to get banned, thus this contest will be counterproductive to what we are trying to achieve here.

[/ QUOTE ]

if only the "bad posters" vote for [censored], there shouldn't have anything to worry about, assuming that "good posters" outnumber bad ones. if the good are outnumbered by bad, then there isn't anything that can be done to "save" OOT anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you think the results would be if it wasnt a poll but rather a legitimate vote like the one in OOT survivor.

the problem is you retards have aboout 20 accounts each.

If the vote in conducted so that it is legitimate i'd have no problem with it.

ononimo
10-17-2005, 02:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

if only the "bad posters" vote for [censored], there shouldn't have anything to worry about, assuming that "good posters" outnumber bad ones. if the good are outnumbered by bad, then there isn't anything that can be done to "save" OOT anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you think the results would be if it wasnt a poll but rather a legitimate vote like the one in OOT survivor.

the problem is you retards have aboout 20 accounts each.

If the vote in conducted so that it is legitimate i'd have no problem with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

i have no interest in staging polls/votes with a predetermined outcome so i have no idea how such a vote would turn out.

i'm all for conducting the vote in a manner similar to the one used for thinman vs. jake.

AngryCola
10-17-2005, 04:02 AM
I'm really surprised that I've received this many votes against Mat.

fnord_too
10-17-2005, 09:41 AM
I didn't see round 1, but the fact that Andy B is not in round two pretty much invalidates the whole thing. Also, the seeding of the STT mods is pretty poor, those guys are very good mods.

fnord_too
10-17-2005, 09:43 AM
Just went and looked at round 1. no [censored], wtf. I just figured the haters voted him out, but he wasn't even there.

MEbenhoe
10-17-2005, 09:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Just went and looked at round 1. no [censored], wtf. I just figured the haters voted him out, but he wasn't even there.

[/ QUOTE ]

ummm check the 9 v 24 matchup in round 1

MEbenhoe
10-17-2005, 09:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

did i seriously just get permission to do this?

fnord_too
10-17-2005, 09:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ummm check the 9 v 24 matchup in round 1

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, I'm a blind fool. move along, nothing to see here.

ononimo
10-17-2005, 09:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i'd say "yes"

MEbenhoe
10-17-2005, 10:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i'd say "yes"

[/ QUOTE ]

k to prevent more thread hijack, see related thread here (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=3695084&page=0&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14&vc=1)

Clarkmeister
10-17-2005, 11:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno. Go for it. Mat seems to support it. It definitely needs to be a manual tally though. My vote is for Mike Haven in every round. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

10-17-2005, 12:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lost my vote.

CardSharpCook
10-17-2005, 03:56 PM
It would really be a shame to prevent round 3. This is the first Multi-thread contest that I've taken an actual interest in.

MEbenhoe
10-17-2005, 04:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It would really be a shame to prevent round 3. This is the first Multi-thread contest that I've taken an actual interest in.

[/ QUOTE ]

i would submit that this one be allowed to follow through to completion, as i dont see any harm in it, the fact that it isn't locked yet seems to point to this as a possibility.

MEbenhoe
10-17-2005, 04:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i would submit that this one be allowed to follow through to completion, as i dont see any harm in it, the fact that it isn't locked yet seems to point to this as a possibility.

[/ QUOTE ]

stamped and approved

GuyOnTilt
10-17-2005, 04:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Bwahahaha.

GoT

valenzuela
10-17-2005, 05:22 PM
Its a sad day for the STTF....anyway watch my lips "I guarentee Citanul will win the competition."
Citanul will win his quarterfinal mathc and will then defeat commodus in semis....oh yeah, youll see...ull see.

Jurollo
10-17-2005, 11:49 PM
Jurollo wins and the crowd goes wild!!!