PDA

View Full Version : AA checking behind when the 3rd A hits

ddcpr
06-01-2003, 04:06 AM
Same average 2-4 game online. I'm dealt black Aces in the cutoff. 2 MP callers, I raise, BB calls, MP players call. 4 handed flop.

Flop: (8 SB in the pot)
Q72r

Checked to me, I bet, 2 callers.

Turn: (5.5 BB in the pot)
Q72 (Ah)

Checked to me. I check.

Comments?

ddcpr
06-01-2003, 04:14 AM
P.S. - no flush draw on the turn with the Ah

Homer
06-01-2003, 04:17 AM
I hate it. Players at these limits love to call down with anything and everything.

I understand your thought process that the board is rainbow and uncoordinated and your opponents will probably fold to a turn bet, but may bluff on the river or call a bet with a weak hand since you showed weakness on the turn, but.....you can pretty much throw those thoughts out the window in a typical low-limit game.

-- Homer

Bob T.
06-01-2003, 04:31 AM
At best, a silly, and pointless play which will cost you a lot of bets over the long run. If you bet, in the best world, you run into someone who just made two pair with the Aces, and checkraises you. In most cases, you will be called by some of the players on the turn, and again on the river. By checking the turn, you can only get called by those players on the river, and if you are lucky enough to be bet into on the river, you might get the same amount of bets out of the pot, as if you bet twice.

MrGo
06-01-2003, 05:42 AM
You can't check this. You're last to act and you're losing possible big bets. By cehcking you're just inviting your Aces to be cracked by a rivered straight. A must bet here.