PDA

View Full Version : KQ value change

ragedyandy
06-01-2003, 02:45 AM
I'm just noticing how the value of KQ changes as the number of limpers goes up.

Here's a hand I played lastnight in a loose passive game. I have KcQc in utg+1 and call utg's limp. There are 4 more limpers plus the blinds. At this point I feel as though I can assume that if one of my cards hits, I've got top pair, top kicker. Or should I be concerned of AQ? Anyway, flop comes 942r. utg bets, I call as do 4 of the other players. Turn is a 8. utg bets, I call and two others call. River is a Q. utg checks and I bet. Only utg calls and my hand is good. I felt like if one of my cards hits it would have a great chance of being best. How concerned should I be that someone has a middle pair with a K or Q kicker - which would give them 2 pair when I hit my overcard?

All comments appreciated.

elysium
06-01-2003, 06:58 AM
hi raggedy
you have a fold there on the flop. you won't win this one with overs.

the call is good pre-flop, but if this UTG is tight, you can consider mucking pre-flop. but the call is fine only now you must flop solidly. the number of opponents factors considerably here.

astroglide
06-02-2003, 12:53 PM
i think you have a non-mistake fold on the flop, and a mistake-if-you-don't fold on the turn (unless it brought you a flush draw). i would also probably raise preflop depending on the table and the utg limper

but to answer your question, as mentioned in hpfap, people play Ax much more often than Kx and Qx. when flops come down 942, you can get in a lot of trouble with AK because hitting an ace can simply make you lose to A9/A4/A2.