PDA

View Full Version : Giants - Cowboys

private joker
10-16-2005, 03:57 PM
HOLY CRAP!

After Jacobs fumbled, this game was over! What a comeback drive... Wow. It's tied and they're headed to overtime.

[censored]
10-16-2005, 03:59 PM
great game. I had sort of tuned out after the fumble only to look up and see shockey going into the endzone.

Clarkmeister
10-16-2005, 04:01 PM
The Cowboys are just terrible at finishing. First Washington, now this. Ugly. I expect better from Parcells.

private joker
10-16-2005, 04:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I expect better from Parcells.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't blame his defense -- they played their ass off for most of the game; just got tired during that last drive. The offense just needed to score more than 13 points in regulation and they'd be fine.

TomHimself
10-16-2005, 04:03 PM
giants whoulda had this won in the 1st half. hopefully they will win in OT

tdarko
10-16-2005, 04:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I expect better from Parcells.

[/ QUOTE ]
give him a break he's getting old, his first step isn't what it used to be.

tdarko
10-16-2005, 04:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You can't blame his defense -- they played their ass off for most of the game; just got tired during that last drive. The offense just needed to score more than 13 points in regulation and they'd be fine

[/ QUOTE ]
exactly. same story in the redskin game too. can't blame the defense, they held wash in check for the whole game and the offense is 3 and out EVERY SINGLE DRIVE which makes it pretty tough on the defense, they got tired. blame it on the offense if anyone.

TomHimself
motherfucker [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] you parcells you bitch. bullshit

Clarkmeister
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You can't blame his defense -- they played their ass off for most of the game; just got tired during that last drive. The offense just needed to score more than 13 points in regulation and they'd be fine

[/ QUOTE ]
exactly. same story in the redskin game too. can't blame the defense, they held wash in check for the whole game and the offense is 3 and out EVERY SINGLE DRIVE which makes it pretty tough on the defense, they got tired. blame it on the offense if anyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought Parcells was in charge of both.

tdarko
HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS!!!!

private joker
Thanks to Cortez, Parcells won't spend the next hour chewing out the whole team. They pulled it out anyway.

Still, I think Manning shows that even during a loss when his offense played less than stellar, he has the maturity to run a team and make some clutch plays. The TD to Shockey was perfect. This guy is a very good QB.

tdarko
10-16-2005, 04:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I thought Parcells was in charge of both.

[/ QUOTE ]
parcells is in charge of preperation as every coach is. once the game starts the players are responsible for themselves, if roy williams isn't quick enough to recognize and contain the exact same deep post two plays in a row (redskins game) then thats his fault not parcells. bill will take the blame though b/c thats his job even though every professional knows deep down whose fault it really is.

andyfox
10-16-2005, 04:19 PM
Giants just aren't a quality team yet. Certainly they're better than they have been, and their offense has the making of being great. They have a shot at the playoffs, but their defense is third-rate.

ClassicBob
10-16-2005, 04:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's Parcells' decision to not open up the offense. The Cowboys offense has shown that when it is allowed to throw deep, it can move the ball effectively. Your assertion of "3 and out every drive" is completely incorrect. Parcells going pussy instead of nutting up and going for bigger plays already cost the team against the Redskins, and almost cost them again today.