PDA

View Full Version : new PP step structure

10-16-2005, 03:50 PM
Hi, folks,
Anyone here aware of the change in the regular Step structure on PP? I was playing step 4 this a.m. and people were cashing at that level -- apparently step 5 is no more. Very odd, given no notice of that change

doggin
10-16-2005, 05:06 PM
Well hell I'm at work and cannot log on to PP, but it's simple. Check out the steps page and see if there is a format change in the regular (original) steps.
Are you sure you're talking about the original steps?
Not the Mini or Higher?

cha59
10-16-2005, 05:10 PM
It appears this is for the step highers only:

New Step Higher payouts (http://www.partypoker.com/news/events/step-higher-05.html)

doggin
10-16-2005, 05:12 PM
That's what I thought he meant. The Higher has had a step 4
cash payout back to 7th for a few months now.

citanul
10-16-2005, 08:10 PM
well, the step 4 higher had a cash payout for a while (since they made the buyin 5k for the step 5 highers), but now they have removed the step 5 higher entirely, making step 4 the highest step, and yadda yadda. i think that this is fairly new, newer than "a few months."

however, i don't think that's what the op is talking about. i think that there's been a change in the step structure, and that the non step higher steps may stop at step 4 now as well, which would be both sad and intriguing. i don't see any step 5s running, nor do i see any step 5s waiting to run, though the step 4s don't show any new form of payouts.

c

LotsOfOuts69
10-17-2005, 03:51 AM
Step 5 higher's have been removed, someone already posted the link to the new payout structure at step 4.

The OP was probably referring to orignal steps Multi-Table (http://www.partypoker.com/news/events/original-steps-05.html) , which now also only has 4 steps.

The original steps single table version still has 5 steps.

--LoO

Edit: hmm, I still see a step 5 multi table listed to play, maybe they will just keep these as $1000 buy ins, maybe they will be gone when I wake up.