PDA

View Full Version : somebody got thrown through a window at my house last night

Klepton
10-16-2005, 02:55 PM
he got the [censored] beaten out of him. then he got thrown through a window. then some guy beat him up more and smashed a glass mug on his face.

i have no idea why i'm living in santa barbara.

i'll update more later.

Sponger15SB
10-16-2005, 03:07 PM
Man, I guess I shouldn't have told all those mexicans that the black dudes were talking [censored] about them.

Glad I left before things got out of hand.

miajag81
10-16-2005, 03:08 PM
Which frat are you in?

gildwulf
10-16-2005, 03:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
he got the [censored] beaten out of him. then he got thrown through a window. then some guy beat him up more and smashed a glass mug on his face.

i'll update more later.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have a strange family.

TheMainEvent
10-16-2005, 03:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]

i'll update more later.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ground level, or what?

B Dids
<obvious joke>
Some people react very strongly to having their bike stolen
</obvious joke>

Klepton
[ QUOTE ]
Which frat are you in?

[/ QUOTE ]

none, only one frat guy was at the party, and he was fine by himself.

microbet
10-16-2005, 04:01 PM
When you update, be sure to mention if there is something terrible he did so he deserved it or if not, tell us what you did about it.

[censored]
10-16-2005, 04:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Man, I guess I shouldn't have told all those mexicans that the black dudes were talking [censored] about them.

Glad I left before things got out of hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought the original niglet post was hilarious. why the change?

[censored]
10-16-2005, 04:06 PM
fights happen but the smashing a glass mug in someone's face is completely inexusable. Hopefully he will get what's coming to him + a whole lot more. I'm thinking something like charges + large law suit, or at the very least ran over by a car.

Klepton
10-16-2005, 04:28 PM
the girl just came over who the fight was about.

she got into and arguement with suspect about something stupid. she then left. later suspect ran into victim and said something to the effect of "can't believe what that girl said..." victim tried to defend her, suspect immediately started attacking him for no reason.

suspect is a rich white frat boyish dude who's parent own a multi-million ranch not far from here. victim is a dorky lookin tall white dude with glasses.

just heard the damage - broken eliptical(sp) bone (right below eye) other eye black, 60 stiches in neck from glass (maybe mug too), right ring and pinky finger unable to move (no knowledge if it will heal)

neither of the two people involved were invited directly. the girl is a close friend.

[censored]
10-16-2005, 04:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]

suspect is a rich white frat boyish dude who's parent own a multi-million ranch not far from here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jackpot! From your description now I hope the guy gets charged, gets sued and then gets stabbed in prison.

Any idea why anyone didn't step in?

mslif
10-16-2005, 04:31 PM
were the cops called? Anyone tried to separate them before it got out of hand?

Klepton
10-16-2005, 04:33 PM
supposedly this guy was huge and completely out of control. also there was a lot of freshmen at this particular party so everyone was either very drunk, very stupid, invilved in something sexual, or wanting to see a fight.

Klepton
10-16-2005, 04:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
were the cops called? Anyone tried to separate them before it got out of hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

i was upstairs with 10 or so people. a girl came right to me from downstairs and said "somebody just got thrown through a window!"

right then i told everyone to go downstairs and to go home, because cops will be here any second. i then walked my lady friend home, and heard sirens while i was at her house.

10 minutes later my housemate calls me up and says "hey unlock your door, the cops want to look in your room." i thank myself that i locked it and tell him no and i'll talk to him tomorrow.

other people's account of the situation are very different and really funny.

shant
10-16-2005, 04:37 PM
Did the guy who was beaten up call the police? It sounds like there were plenty of witnesses and this guy should at least get sued if not charged for assault.

[censored]
10-16-2005, 04:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
supposedly this guy was huge and completely out of control. also there was a lot of freshmen at this particular party so everyone was either very drunk, very stupid, invilved in something sexual, or wanting to see a fight.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's too bad but not all that uncommon. It's easy to say after the fact or while reading the story that someone should have gotten involved but it's entirely different when it's happening at the time. These things get out of control very fast and in that type of enviroment the best decisions are not always made.

on a another note. what are you doing for a front window right now?

Klepton
10-16-2005, 04:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Did the guy who was beaten up call the police? It sounds like there were plenty of witnesses and this guy should at least get sued if not charged for assault.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah everyone knows his name...he's gonna get the [censored] sued outta him, or give the victim a huge settlement.

he's rich, so he will probably avoid jailtime.

jakethebake
10-16-2005, 04:45 PM
This is exactly the kind of thing I was worried about at the party at my house last night.

mslif
10-16-2005, 04:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah everyone knows his name...he's gonna get the [censored] sued outta him, or give the victim a huge settlement.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am wondering if you could be held liable as well in a civil lawsuit because the party was help at your house. The victim might try to go after your homeowner insurance coverage.

Klepton
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's too bad but not all that uncommon. It's easy to say after the fact or while reading the story that someone should have gotten involved but it's entirely different when it's happening at the time. These things get out of control very fast and in that type of enviroment the best decisions are not always made.

on a another note. what are you doing for a front window right now?

[/ QUOTE ]

we're trying to get it fixed before the landlord comes and evicts us. (this has a 30% chance of happening)

i just found out that someone else threw the mug at the kid, but missed. the guy who threw the mug then punched the kid once, and ran.

the fight happened outside the front window, where no one from the party was actually hanging out. he was thrown inside, then pulled back out.

shant
[ QUOTE ]
10 minutes later my housemate calls me up and says "hey unlock your door, the cops want to look in your room." i thank myself that i locked it and tell him no and i'll talk to him tomorrow.

[/ QUOTE ]
I dont get this. Thank yourself for what? You got more bikes in there?

Klepton
10-16-2005, 04:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am wondering if you could be held liable as well in a civil lawsuit because the party was help at your house. The victim might try to go after your homeowner insurance coverage.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm sure he'd rather go after the kid who:
a) did this to him
b) is worth at least 3 million dollars

mslif
10-16-2005, 04:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm sure he'd rather go after the kid who:
a) did this to him
b) is worth at least 3 million dollars

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right but attorneys think differently. They will go after anybody who might have liability to get more money. I hope it will not happen but you never know.
Glad nothing happen to you though.

Klepton
10-16-2005, 04:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

computer is on, unlocked, with my party poker account information saved.

also i don't really like cops going into my room "looking for things." 6 cops showed up to the house. when they saw one of my housemates with blood on his hands (from helping the victim who was bleeding alot, remember 60 stiches on his neck) they grabbed him and said "we got him." he then told them the truth and they let him go.

they then went ot my other friend who was cleaning up all the paper towels used to stop the bleeding, and they interrogated him for 20 minutes (he was so drunk and possibly on other drugs that he just didn't say anything)

Boris
10-16-2005, 04:59 PM
So this poor guy was getting his ass beat and a third party then starts beating on him as well? That is cold.

Sponger15SB
10-16-2005, 05:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

10 lbs of weed, a dead hooker, jimmy hoffa's briefcase, large cache of illegal weapons, etc.

shant
10-16-2005, 05:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Those SBPD's love chip-dumping.

Klepton
10-16-2005, 05:03 PM
/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Klepton
10-16-2005, 05:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
jimmy hoffa's briefcase

[/ QUOTE ]
nh

Klepton
10-16-2005, 05:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Those SBPD's love chip-dumping.

[/ QUOTE ]

great imagery.

Sponger15SB
10-16-2005, 05:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I thought the original niglet post was hilarious. why the change?

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh, I thought it was funnier to me cause I was at the party and left like 15 minutes before the fight happened.

There were some serious crowd control issues last night that probably could have been fixed. Klepton and his roomates wanted a massive party and with that comes people who don't know each other and social groups that will clash. I could definitely look around and see people who "didn't look like Kleptons friends".

Then again, there are many stupid people who just go out looking to fight other people without reason (then again, there are barely any reasons to ever fight ever) and there isn't much you can do about it. This guy sounds like one of them.

Klepton should really be worried about getting evicted by his psycho ass landlord. If they find out about the party and what happened, which is almost certain, they will be evicted. The landlord was threatining to have them evicted for not cleaning up their bathrooms, putting screws in the celings to hang skateboards, putting chairs on top of their shed, among other hilarious things. Also, I'd be very worried about getting sued or fined by the police for serving alcohol to minors, etc.

Klepton
10-16-2005, 05:26 PM
no tickets from the cops

and yes, this was a planned "invite as many people as you possibly can and we are going to keep partying until something terrible happens" party. i personally just wanted to lock my door and not be at the party, but then there would be no one to hang out with.

Macdaddy Warsaw
10-16-2005, 05:27 PM
The proper term is defenestrated.

Boris
10-16-2005, 05:30 PM
I thought UCSB was supposed to be laid back? What's with all negative vibes man?

bugstud
10-16-2005, 05:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

damn I knew I should have checked this thread sooner.

Sponger15SB
10-16-2005, 05:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I thought UCSB was supposed to be laid back? What's with all negative vibes man?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, very laid back. But there is always going to be your typical street walking [censored] who just walks down DP yelling at people and trying to start [censored] and going to parties uninvited.

Klepton
10-16-2005, 05:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

UCSB rocks, don't let this story let you down.

microbet
10-16-2005, 08:54 PM
As much as people are cowards, they are sheep even more so. If people see something bad happening and they see other people standing around doing nothing, they will generally do nothing. If one person helps, others generally will. It's too bad there wasn't that one person there in this case.

DavidC
10-16-2005, 11:28 PM
evicted for:

[ QUOTE ]
putting screws in the celings to hang skateboards,

[/ QUOTE ]

OOC, are you that desperate for storage space, or is this a decoration? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

DavidC
10-16-2005, 11:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Booyah!

shant
10-16-2005, 11:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
putting chairs on top of their shed

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd like to hear more about this one.

Sponger15SB
10-16-2005, 11:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
putting chairs on top of their shed

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd like to hear more about this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just a little note: I went over to Klepton's house to watch Lost one afternoon, and while we're watching just random TV the landlord shows up to have this meeting with him and his roomates about stuff thats been going on in the house, this was a planned meeting, btw.

They have a shed out in their yard which is right next to a really big street, so they put chairs up there to presumably hang out and watch people walk by and talk to people, standard college stuff. So the landlord was all mad about it saying that they would have to replace the $1500 shed or something if it was damaged, and that also it was for their safety because they could fall off and break their neck. She actually told us "I know you think you're immortal" among other things.

The landlord also got in an argument with one of the roomates because she said that there was someone who was living their last year and is also on this lease again this year. Obviously, this is no problem and she just randomly brought it up when talking about something, but she was adament that someone was lying and did actually live there. Really funny.

Sponger15SB
10-16-2005, 11:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
evicted for:

[ QUOTE ]
putting screws in the celings to hang skateboards,

[/ QUOTE ]

OOC, are you that desperate for storage space, or is this a decoration? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, the people who lived in the house last year hung their longboards from the ceiling, so I guess they didn't see a problem with hanging up a few skateboards.

The landlord was adament that Klepton and his roomates put both the longboard and skateboard screws up, and wanted them to pay to replace the nice wooden ceiling. Of course their defense was that it was already [censored] up by last years tenants.

Klepton
10-17-2005, 04:43 PM
Update:

we found out the guy isn't rich, his parents are (you probably assumed this). however, he's independent now, so if he gets sued, will his family be able to compensate?

can he be sued for millions if he technically does not have it?
also do you think it is smart for the victim to sue us, the house itself for damages?

i don't think he would, but my housemates like to pick something to freak about every week.

IndieMatty
10-17-2005, 04:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
no tickets from the cops

and yes, this was a planned "invite as many people as you possibly can and we are going to keep partying until something terrible happens" party. i personally just wanted to lock my door and not be at the party, but then there would be no one to hang out with.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can I get an invite to the next one?

samjjones
10-17-2005, 04:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

i'll update more later.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ground level, or what?

[/ QUOTE ]

The guy got throw "into" the house through the window. So unless the Hulk was fighting Thor, this happened on the ground floor.

I'd be willing to donate a buck or two to the "Klepton Window Replacement Fund" if it will in any way lead to more fight reports.

jason_t
10-17-2005, 04:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Come back to LA. I promise to never defenestrate you. /images/graemlins/heart.gif

mslif
10-17-2005, 04:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Update:

we found out the guy isn't rich, his parents are (you probably assumed this). however, he's independent now, so if he gets sued, will his family be able to compensate?

can he be sued for millions if he technically does not have it?
also do you think it is smart for the victim to sue us, the house itself for damages?

i don't think he would, but my housemates like to pick something to freak about every week.

[/ QUOTE ]

that sucks...
Ok first of all as I said before, in case a lawsuit is filed, the attorney will go for the homeowner insurance policy. Then the people living at the residence and the owners might be sued individually. I am sorry to say that you are legitimatelly at risk to be sued here. I am very sorry.

Sponger15SB
10-17-2005, 04:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Come back to LA. I promise to never defenestrate you. /images/graemlins/heart.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

If he goes back to LA, I'll defenestrate him.

sfer
10-17-2005, 05:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why so worried? It's Santa Barbara, not Prague.

TheMetetron
10-17-2005, 05:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait a second. When/why did you move to Santa Barbara?

jason_t
10-17-2005, 05:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why so worried? It's Santa Barbara, not Prague.

[/ QUOTE ]

Although it'd be really cool if it was and a Santa Barbarian War or Thirty Year War broke out.

Notorious G.O.B.
10-17-2005, 05:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Klepton should really be worried about getting evicted by his psycho ass landlord. If they find out about the party and what happened, which is almost certain, they will be evicted. The landlord was threatining to have them evicted for not cleaning up their bathrooms, putting screws in the celings to hang skateboards, putting chairs on top of their shed, among other hilarious things. Also, I'd be very worried about getting sued or fined by the police for serving alcohol to minors, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]
I mean, frankly, if I was his land lord, he'd be gone. I don't think that's particularly unfair, he'd just be protecting his investment.

scrub
10-17-2005, 05:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it really defenestration if the guy got thrown back into the house? English needs the verb to refenestrate.

scrub

WDC
10-17-2005, 05:59 PM
rich kid first
landlord second
klepton third(if at all)

If there was underage drinking and serving minors Klepton might move up to two but may be in some trouble with the coppers.

shant
10-17-2005, 06:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
He lived there for years since he started going to UCSB. He only spent months here and there on my couch so he didn't really LIVE in LA since he was in high school.

flatline
10-17-2005, 06:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
and yes, this was a planned "invite as many people as you possibly can and we are going to keep partying until something terrible happens" party.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you do get sued, you better hope they don't find out you said this!

TheMetetron
10-17-2005, 06:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
He lived there for years since he started going to UCSB. He only spent months here and there on my couch so he didn't really LIVE in LA since he was in high school.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but doesn't he not go to school anymore? So he should either:

A) Move the hell out of Santa Barabara.
B) Stay there year round and stop coming back to LA for "summers".

Unless,

C) He lives theres during the school year to screw the college girls and only leaves during the summer when the tail dries up.

Thinking about this, C seems most likely.

shant
10-17-2005, 06:21 PM
That was pretty cool how you broke it down and figured out the right answer.

Klepton
10-17-2005, 06:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That was pretty cool how you broke it down and figured out the right answer.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah that was great.

Klepton
10-18-2005, 12:12 AM
Update:

Extent of damages: one year for the two fingers ot be back to normal, 66 stiches on the neck alone, plastic surgery needed for the nose. cost: $500,000.

no word yet if the suspect has turned himself in or if the victim is pressing charges.

For how much money should the victim sue the suspect?

NateDog
10-18-2005, 12:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Update:

Extent of damages: one year for the two fingers ot be back to normal, 66 stiches on the neck alone, plastic surgery needed for the nose. cost: $500,000.

no word yet if the suspect has turned himself in or if the victim is pressing charges.

[/ QUOTE ]

Punitive damages (civil suit) can run into the 10's of millions.

fnord_too
10-18-2005, 01:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Update:

[/ QUOTE ]

I think these days 2-3 times medical bills is about the max if he recovers fully, plus all medical and time lost, etc. Not sure though, the 2-3 is something a guy I work with was told by a lawer when he sued a water park for releasing clorine gas in the wave pool where his son wad.

[censored]
10-18-2005, 01:17 AM
I don't change colors. Stop PMing me twerps (to everyone who did you are not the only one)

gumpzilla
10-18-2005, 01:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

$500k? Where is that figure coming from? $50k wouldn't surprise me in the least, figuring about $15k a pop for a couple of surgeries and a few thousand in miscellaneous hospital bills, but 500k is insane.

Klepton
10-18-2005, 01:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

$500k? Where is that figure coming from? $50k wouldn't surprise me in the least, figuring about $15k a pop for a couple of surgeries and a few thousand in miscellaneous hospital bills, but 500k is insane.

[/ QUOTE ]

here is how i am hearing news:

victim > visitor > friend of visitor > messanger > garbage man > mail man > my neighbor > me.

HopeydaFish
10-18-2005, 10:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

...for as much as he can get.

gamblore99
10-18-2005, 02:09 PM
Does the fact that he was thrown from outside of the in, and beat up outside of the house make Klepton any less responsible?

HopeydaFish
10-18-2005, 03:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Does the fact that he was thrown from outside of the in, and beat up outside of the house make Klepton any less responsible?

[/ QUOTE ]

It sounds like the fight started in the apartment and then spilled outside. Also, it sounds like the attacker was drinking underrage at Klepton's, which won't be looked upon favourably when assessing blame.

Klepton
10-18-2005, 04:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It sounds like the fight started in the apartment and then spilled outside. Also, it sounds like the attacker was drinking underrage at Klepton's, which won't be looked upon favourably when assessing blame.

[/ QUOTE ]

both parties were over 21 and the fight started outside.

MyTurn2Raise
10-18-2005, 04:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Unless,

C) He lives theres during the school year to screw the college girls and only leaves during the summer when the tail dries up.

Thinking about this, C seems most likely.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've almost moved to Santa Barbara or Santa Cruz for this reason alone. Well, not alone, the weather is nice too. I still do live in Champaign, IL for this reason, but damn the Midwest adds 10-15 pounds.

I highly recommend this lifestyle.

Klepton
10-18-2005, 04:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry, defenestrate is already registered as a Screen Name.

Please try again or let us suggest a Screen Name for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

ddubois
10-18-2005, 04:20 PM
I haven't been spending enough time in OOT obviously, thus I ask: Why do so many people have colored names now?

HopeydaFish
10-18-2005, 04:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

both parties were over 21 and the fight started outside.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, that's not nearly as bad for you, then. Luckily "outside" is no longer on your property. I guess the only question remaining is whether the attacker got intoxicated at your party. If you kept providing him with alcohol until he was intoxicated, you can still be at fault.

Regardless of all that, you'll probably still end up getting sued. They just might not have a strong case against you.

brassnuts
10-18-2005, 05:10 PM
God, I hated watching these types of beatings in IV. Seriously, somebody should seroiusly beat the [censored] out of said frat boy. Several years back, I lived at one of those big shitty appartments on oceanside DP. We had our share of fights in there. I remember one night it got pretty out of control until our downstairs nieghbor busted out the ar-15 and started roaming the complex. Things got pretty mellow, pretty quick.