PDA

View Full Version : This an easy fold w/ no read?

10-16-2005, 02:55 PM
Bodog 100k
Blinds 15/30

Hero has 1300 chips.

Dealt QQ UTG, raise to 100 (More than the standard for this table, everyone here are big fans of the minraise / hammer approaches O_O)

MP calls (1500ish stack), BB (2500) calls.

Flop

5h 9s 10d

BB checks, I lead 180 into 300ish pot, MP pushes, Hero?

Someone told me in chat that he overprotects overpairs like that, but I only really beat JJ there (which I think is a strong possibility), but I would also think KK/AA reraise me PF. Maybe he likes calling with those, he did hesitate for a while before throwing in his call, perhaps debating a reraise but somehow scared of UTG raise? Overthinking online tell likely, but I think JJ and KK are likely, doubt hes pushing a set here. Opinion?

TheBlueMonster
10-16-2005, 03:01 PM
fold? You're serious? Are you that weak tight?

10-16-2005, 03:04 PM
Well, I had no read on villain as far as post-flop play, but that was partly due to the fact that I hadn't seen him play a hand the whole time I was at the table. What range do you put a tight villain on here?

benneh
10-16-2005, 03:04 PM
w/ no read that board is nothing but an instacall.

illegit
10-16-2005, 03:06 PM
With no read I can't fold this. You say he seems to be tightish so that's a tiny bit of a read. Still, can't fold it.

10-16-2005, 03:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
fold? You're serious? Are you that weak tight?

[/ QUOTE ]

What range of hands do you think a tight player would push into UTG raiser with on this flop? I shouldn't of said no read in the topic, however I knew nothing about his post flop play like I said. It does seem weak-tight to fold here though, I agree, but what range am I looking at for villain?

10-16-2005, 03:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

10-16-2005, 03:22 PM
Ok but lets say villain hasn't played any hands in about 3 rounds that weve seen, what range of hands do you think he make this move with?

10-16-2005, 03:49 PM
No one? I mean, I understand we have an overpair to the board here, but cmon, you guys are more than level 1 thinking players, theres more to it than what WE have. Can no one put villain on a range of hands here? No one even thinking for a second as to what villain may have? Insta-call with no thought? I mean, what range of hands would any of YOU pull this with? I understand why folding is weak-tight, but at least put some thought into the response and tell me what you think of a tight villain's range here, as no one has said anything except that its an easy call based only on what we have, with no other thought involved, which is unlike 2+2 /images/graemlins/frown.gif

TomHimself
10-16-2005, 04:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

tworooks
10-16-2005, 04:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Can no one put villain on a range of hands here? No one even thinking for a second as to what villain may have?

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't that what no-read means? If you can't give a read, how are people supposed to give a hand range.

mlagoo
10-16-2005, 04:18 PM
IMO, it's an easy call because people put you on a whiffed AK continuation bet WAYYY too much here, and will push with any T, 66-88, QJ, a lot of 9s.... Not to mention the fact that a set will often smoothcall here to keep letting you bet into him/for overcalls.

So, probably a call.

10-16-2005, 04:22 PM
Seemingly tight villain who hasn't played a hand in 3 rounds is the read. Tom, thanks for yet another brilliant contribution, its becoming a trademark.

Exitonly
10-16-2005, 04:27 PM
Yep, i think the same way as the benneh quote... w/ no read, i'm calling, and i can't imagine many reads taht would make me fold.

You're ahead of his range, and theres dead money in the pot.

10-16-2005, 04:29 PM
As you said, you would expect a re-raise pre flop with
AA KK (possibly AK) If he is very tight then he is playing
77 - JJ or 2 suited broadway cards.

If he made his set then he is taking all my money as I
would be re-raising, hmmm.. maybe that's why I keep
getting spanked post flop /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

10-16-2005, 04:37 PM
All I know is I definatly picked the worst possible title for this thread /images/graemlins/wink.gif