PDA

View Full Version : AKs flush draw hand

10-16-2005, 02:48 PM
Bodog $7.50, very early. I've got 1.1k; everyone else has about 1k. Blinds 5/10.

I'm dealt A/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif UTG+1 and raise to 35. MP minreraises, LP calls, blinds fold, I call. Flop is 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif. I check, MP bets min (I love bodog), LP raises to 60, I call, MP folds. Turn's Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. What's the play from here on?

Sam T.
10-16-2005, 03:02 PM
Nobody's shown any real interest in winning the pot thus far, so I'd either bet out here (pot sized ought to do the job), or if you want to get more value, CR. They seem to be in "Boy I hope something good happens to me" mode.

10-16-2005, 03:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Nobody's shown any real interest in winning the pot thus far, so I'd either bet out here (pot sized ought to do the job), or if you want to get more value, CR. They seem to be in "Boy I hope something good happens to me" mode.

[/ QUOTE ]

Reasoning, please.

Sam T.
10-16-2005, 03:39 PM
Treat the Queen as a scare card. If you wake up here, and they don't have a queen, chances are good that they will fold.

Also grows the pot some if you hit your A, K or heart outs, all of which look good at this point.