PDA

View Full Version : Frat Party - Getting Girls to Stay

10-16-2005, 02:24 PM
My fraternity's throwing down a huge party but we want to make sure people stay as long as possible. What kinda attraction can we have besides a beirut table and the usual that will make the party memorable and extra fun?

Don't say something stupid like alcohol because we're talking in addition to that.

shant
10-16-2005, 02:25 PM
Not-ugly dudes

10-16-2005, 02:25 PM
No frat guys.

10-16-2005, 02:26 PM
Lemme clarify - Like girls stay pretty long but the party dies out around 1-2 normally. We wanna have it go longer.

mason55
10-16-2005, 02:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Lemme clarify - Like girls stay pretty long but the party dies out around 1-2 normally. We wanna have it go longer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cocaine or ecstasy freely available to the people you want to stay.

It works really really really well. You'll have people there until 3 or 4pm.

TheMainEvent
10-16-2005, 02:29 PM
roofies?

jdl22
10-16-2005, 02:32 PM
Next time purchase friends that girls like more.

ghostface
[ QUOTE ]
roofies?

[/ QUOTE ]

damn, beat me to it.

mostsmooth
duct tape and rope

Sponger15SB
10-16-2005, 02:33 PM
This post rules, I think we can do better though.

Go OOT!

10-16-2005, 02:36 PM
Try being really nice to the girls, like ask them if you can't get them stuff, crap like that. then, when are like wow this is a really good guy/guys, move in for the kill /images/graemlins/grin.gif

TheBlueMonster
10-16-2005, 02:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
roofies?

[/ QUOTE ]

damn, beat me to it.

[/ QUOTE ]
yup.

Cause frat boys like to rape girls

trying2learn
10-16-2005, 02:48 PM
Play lots and lots of Tears for Fears...that always gets the party rocking.

gorie
10-16-2005, 02:49 PM
there's always the omega mus.

CardSharpCook
10-16-2005, 02:51 PM
One word: Twister.

TheBlueMonster
10-16-2005, 02:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
One word: Twister.

[/ QUOTE ]
four words: naked whip cream twister

IggyWH
10-16-2005, 02:57 PM
Invite football players and basketball players if they're any good. None of you frat fags will get laid except for the normal frat rat bitches, but at least your party will be bumpin.

TheBlueMonster
10-16-2005, 02:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Invite football players and basketball players if they're any good. None of you frat fags will get laid except for the normal frat rat bitches, but at least your party will be bumpin.

[/ QUOTE ]
lmao

gildwulf
10-16-2005, 02:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What kinda attraction can we have besides a beirut table and the usual that will make the party memorable and extra fun?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ferris wheel, pony rides, and cotton candy.

gildwulf
10-16-2005, 03:00 PM
Oh, and get a Wilson Pickett-esque band to play the song Shout for like 4 hours.

Clarkmeister
10-16-2005, 03:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't go to a frat, but I never understood the seemingly irrational hatred so many non-frat guys have towards those who did go to one. What's the big deal? Let it go and grow up.

TheBlueMonster
10-16-2005, 03:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't go to a frat, but I never understood the seemingly irrational hatred so many non-frat guys have towards those who did go to one. What's the big deal? Let it go and grow up.

[/ QUOTE ]
it's only animosity to frat boys that relish the frat boy image.

TheMainEvent
10-16-2005, 03:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think groups that are overly outspoken in defending themselves tend to attract even more hatred in a self-perpetuating cycle. See Canada, New Jersey, etc.

gildwulf
10-16-2005, 03:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

For me it is the general douchebaggery and the fact that you have to pay for your friends.

TheIrishThug
10-16-2005, 03:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think groups that are overly outspoken in defending themselves tend to attract even more hatred in a self-perpetuating cycle. See Canada, New Jersey, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey! Don't mess with Jersey!

HopeydaFish
10-16-2005, 03:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
roofies?

[/ QUOTE ]

damn, beat me to it.

[/ QUOTE ]
yup.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not rape if she doesn't remember it.

tomdemaine
10-16-2005, 03:25 PM
lots of just friends cuddling

Bradyams
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

For me it is the general douchebaggery and the fact that you have to pay for your friends.

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason I hate them is cause they think they are better than you for this reason.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
roofies?

[/ QUOTE ]

damn, beat me to it.

[/ QUOTE ]
yup.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And she doesnt remember it if its not rape

Clarkmeister
10-16-2005, 03:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason I hate them is cause they think they are better than you for this reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

But, you think you are better than them for the same reason. The difference is that they don't care about you, while you seem to take it personally and hate them. Basically, it comes across as jealousy when you hate that strongly for essentially no real reason.

Note I'm using "you" for convenience. What I mean by "you" is those who seem to have such a vitriolic hate for people who have done nothing to "you".

Bradyams
10-16-2005, 03:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But, you think you are better than them for the same reason. The difference is that they don't care about you, while you seem to take it personally and hate them. Basically, it comes across as jealousy when you hate that strongly for essentially no real reason.

Note I'm using "you" for convenience. What I mean by "you" is those who seem to have such a vitriolic hate for people who have done nothing to "you".

[/ QUOTE ]

They have done something to me though. I didn't really have a hatred for them when I first started college. I thought the ideas of fraternities were silly, but I had nothing against them. Throughout my freshman year I went to a couple frat parties, and they were just plain assholes to you if you weren't in a fraternity. I'm not gonna go into details, but the point is they were dicks mainly because they think they are better than me cause they are in a frat, and I don't like them for that.

In all fairness I guess I should point out that there is one fraternity up here who has a lot of chill guys in it. They definitely don't care if you're in a frat or not, they'll treat you the same as anyone else. I have no problems with these types of people.

Voltron87
10-16-2005, 03:52 PM
1. there are some really shitty frats full of assholes out there

2. there are some awesome frats out there

3. for everyone who just defaults to saying "oh theyre full of assholes who buy their friends, [censored] them" well youre probably just some bitter nerd. dont be so close minded, the assholes in the frats you hate are exactly the same way about geeks and people who aren't like them.

NorCalJosh
10-16-2005, 03:59 PM
for what its worth, you're interacting with frat guys at the wrong place. my frat tended to be assholes to any guy who wasnt in the frat at parties we threw. since frat parties are pretty exclusively about getting laid, any additional guy isnt really welcome, esp when you're in a larger frat where the competition is already tough.

Making general statements about frat guys is the same as generalizing anything else. its a much better idea to judge each person on a case by case basis than have any predjudices towards them.

Bradyams
10-16-2005, 04:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
for what its worth, you're interacting with frat guys at the wrong place.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've interacted with them outside of parties as well. For the most part they're still dicks.

NorCalJosh
10-16-2005, 04:05 PM
hmm

i didnt feel like that was the atmosphere around my frat at all. but obviously i'm looking at it from a different perspective than you. sucks that they were assholes to you though. i never really understood the point of being an [censored] to anyone for no reason.

Fratony
10-16-2005, 04:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

They have done something to me though. I didn't really have a hatred for them when I first started college. I thought the ideas of fraternities were silly, but I had nothing against them. Throughout my freshman year I went to a couple frat parties, and they were just plain assholes to you if you weren't in a fraternity. I'm not gonna go into details, but the point is they were dicks mainly because they think they are better than me cause they are in a frat, and I don't like them for that.

In all fairness I guess I should point out that there is one fraternity up here who has a lot of chill guys in it. They definitely don't care if you're in a frat or not, they'll treat you the same as anyone else. I have no problems with these types of people.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really understand this. I've been treated poorly by people that aren't in fraternities, does this mean I think all independants are assholes? of course not. When i first graduated high school i thought joining a frat was pointless just as most of you probably do, but you have to keep an open mind.

For what it's worth it's actually cheaper for me to be in a fraternity than to live in the housing provided by the University, plus we have money to throw parties and what-not.

As far as getting girls to stay longer, the best thing to do is entertain them. If you and your "brothers" are talking to them and it's not split like an 8th grade dance, the girls are going to stay. Girls crave attention, if they arent getting it, they leave.

jdl22
10-16-2005, 04:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem is that frat guys tend to act like assholes. If they simply paid money to hang out with their friends, had friend tryouts, and weren't pompous assholes during the part where I'm around it would be different. To be honest I probably wasn't fair to the OP who wasn't acting in this manner in his post.

I don't hate them for the reasons given, they are simply standard cliched responses to somebody being a dick. Again, you could certainly say I was out of line here but I figured my comment was fairly harmless.

Also, obviously decent frat boys exist it's just that the percentage of them that suck is much, much higher than average.

gildwulf
10-16-2005, 04:27 PM
In the U.S. frat boys definitely perform a public service: they house parties where people under 21 can drink and they do it at a reasonable price. I did my undergrad at McGill though in Montreal, Canada, where the beer flows like water and it's 3 blocks to the nearest bar, and frats were a joke.

NorCalJosh
10-16-2005, 04:28 PM
i dont understand your whole thing about paying money for friends. you pay money to live in a dorm, you make friends in your dorm, its the same thing.

AnnieCruz86
10-16-2005, 04:30 PM
I've known some pretty nice frat guys. Don't paint them all with the same brush.

[censored]
10-16-2005, 04:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i dont understand your whole thing about paying money for friends. you pay money to live in a dorm, you make friends in your dorm, its the same thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not really the same thing though. A dorm is much closer to an apartment complex. The frat is much more about the socialization and markets pretty much exclusively on a concept of brotherhood. Additionally dorms don't have rush periods. I wouldn't say they are buying friends but rather an exclusive access to friends which doesn't require the normal level of effort found outside the frat world.

that being said the only frat guys I found to be assholes were the ones who took pride in being the stereotypical frat guy. Incidently these guys are also more likely to be unable to handle a break up and would feel the need to do something like post naked pics of thier ex on the internet in an effort to restore their wounded pride.

mslif
10-16-2005, 04:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
roofies?

[/ QUOTE ]

damn, beat me to it.

[/ QUOTE ]
yup.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is really not funny. /images/graemlins/frown.gif and the fact that you are joking about it baffles me.

utmt40
10-16-2005, 04:46 PM
Here is an idea that no one had mentioned yet. Make it obvious you are trying to get them drunk and move in on them and treat them like tee total [censored] and that will get them to hang around more than anything...

Fratony
10-16-2005, 04:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]

that being said the only frat guys I found to be assholes were the ones who took pride in being the stereotypical frat guy. Incidently these guys are also more likely to be unable to handle a break up and would feel the need to do something like post naked pics of thier ex on the internet in an effort to restore their wounded pride.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll agree with this to some extent. You're still stereotyping people, but i've found that these are the guys that usually have the "I'm better than you" attitude as well. See fratty.net (http://www.fratty.net) for some ignorant frat ramble, but dont stereotype every "frat guy" into the same group.

wacki
10-16-2005, 04:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Since you have to ask this question, I can only answer:

A new personality.

jakethebake
10-16-2005, 04:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Here is an idea that no one had mentioned yet. Make it obvious you are trying to get them drunk and move in on them and treat them like tee total [censored] and that will get them to hang around more than anything...

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a very good answer. Give them lots of liquor. A bunch will probably stick around. And the ones that choose to stick around to get drunk with a bunch of frat boys will likely also be really easy.

NorCalJosh
you make some excellent points. for some reason i have a new found respect for you after that post.

gildwulf
Hahha, that website is great. I can't believe this guy is serious. Here's a great quote:

[ QUOTE ]
What not to wear

I was told, as were many of you, from my infancy as a pledge, that there are a few strict "don'ts" in the wardrobe department. The one unacceptable item being the dreaded jean shorts. Never fails, you will still to this day see these during rush. Another don't, which is a bit more arguable, are visors. There is, in my opinion, a time and a place. If it's as a joke, then it's a total frat move. If it's worn on a regular basis as a fashion statement, then we're gonna have problems. I know in some parts of this country it's considered "in", but Von Dutch trucker hats are considered "in" there too. Golfing is an instance where the visor rule can be broken. On the same note, visors from golfing events such as the Masters can be pulled off at times. Contrastingly, if a girl wears a visor in "country club" environments (for lack of a better word), then she is given bonus frat points. Double-ups are also not cool.

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored]
10-16-2005, 04:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll agree with this to some extent. You're still stereotyping people, but i've found that these are the guys that usually have the "I'm better than you" attitude as well. See fratty.net (http://www.fratty.net) for some ignorant frat ramble, but dont stereotype every "frat guy" into the same group.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps I should phrase it like this. These types of assholes are much more likely to join a frat where their inability to not be an [censored] won't prevent them from making friends, where it would in say every other aspect of life. It's the not act of joining a frat which resulted in being an [censored]. However being in a frat does to tend amplify it.

I've met plenty of cool guys who are or were in frats as well. One key difference is the cool guys tend not to go out of their way to be identified as frat guys. It's not something they hide or are embarrassed about but they are also comfortable being judged as individuals.

Bradyams
10-16-2005, 05:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
One key difference is the cool guys tend not to go out of their way to be identified as frat guys. It's not something they hide or are embarrassed about but they are also comfortable being judged as individuals.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very true. The dicks are usually the ones who are like "My frat this" and "My frat that" bla bla bla. The cool ones aren't like this at all. One of my good friends from the dorms is in a frat, and I didn't even know about it until this year.

I forgot about that.

Voltron87
10-16-2005, 05:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hahha, that website is great. I can't believe this guy is serious. Here's a great quote:

[ QUOTE ]
What not to wear

I was told, as were many of you, from my infancy as a pledge, that there are a few strict "don'ts" in the wardrobe department. The one unacceptable item being the dreaded jean shorts. Never fails, you will still to this day see these during rush. Another don't, which is a bit more arguable, are visors. There is, in my opinion, a time and a place. If it's as a joke, then it's a total frat move. If it's worn on a regular basis as a fashion statement, then we're gonna have problems. I know in some parts of this country it's considered "in", but Von Dutch trucker hats are considered "in" there too. Golfing is an instance where the visor rule can be broken. On the same note, visors from golfing events such as the Masters can be pulled off at times. Contrastingly, if a girl wears a visor in "country club" environments (for lack of a better word), then she is given bonus frat points. Double-ups are also not cool.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that website is hilarious. the people on the messageboard however, are [censored] up.

also, i love how when you say something sensible and reasonable everyone ignores it.