PDA

View Full Version : do you call? NLHE hand

maplepig
05-31-2003, 11:23 PM
Hand 1:

single table NLHE tournament early stage, blind 15/30, average stack 800, i have about average stack, SB has 600.
I am in MP with JQd, I limp, first in, two more limpers behind me. SB call. Pot 150

flop Kh Kd 9d

checked to me, I bet 150, late limpers fold, SB waited for a minute, call. BB fold. Pot is 450

Turn is a blank, SB check, I check

River Js
SB pushes allin with his remaining 400. Now it's my decision, I called.

Hand 2:

first hand in NLHE tournament, blind 10/15, stack is 800, I have QQ EP, I raised to 80, hoping to narrow down the field, but still got 3 callers, button, SB, BB. Pot is 320

Flop 8c 8s 2s

checked to me. I bet 300, button raise to 600. I pushed in the remaining 380.

results later.

comments?

Jon Matthews
06-01-2003, 10:53 AM
Hand 1:

I would only call if I smelt a bluff (a busted flush or low pair?). SB hesitated on the flop, he would do this if drawing a gutshot (Q-10) or more importantly if he has JJ due to the 2 K's.

Hand 2:

I would fold. You have an overpair but AA, KK could be lurking. You got lots of callers, maybe A8 is there? Or 22? All have you beaten. Consider the bet as betting for info and when popped with a raise consider that the info that you would not have got from just checking, you can fold more confidently now.

Jon

ohkanada
06-02-2003, 11:17 AM
1) It's likely close between folding and calling. On the flop he may well only have a 9, although the stall may actually a tell that he has a King.

2) I likely call here. Although AA/KK a set or an 8 is possible, in most cases on-line you are way ahead.

Even though you may get callers, by betting less pre-flop and less on the flop, it is easier to get away from flops when you miss. Pre-flop you could have raised to 50. On the flop, is betting 220 any worse than 300?

Ken Poklitar

maplepig
06-02-2003, 11:41 PM
thanks for the replies, result is of course I lost

hand 1: TK
hand 2: K8

amazing how hand 2 opponent played.