PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for all the great Advice

balt999
05-31-2003, 10:20 PM
Thanks to all of the Tournament advice I've recieved from 2+2, I won a huge $50 NL tournament today on Pokerstars...with 251 players...first place paid $3,451.25...There was no deal, so it's all mine...I usually don't post on the tournament board, but I read everything that is said and suggested...I hope people like The Fossilman and others realize the type of impact they have on us, and it's greatly appreciated.

Once again...thanks to all who helped me with my tournament game...

Jimbo
06-01-2003, 01:35 AM
You should be thanking the other 250 players who lost! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Zing Zing
06-01-2003, 04:11 AM
haha, your welcome. with about T64K in chips left with middle pair, i figured i might as well toss it in and hope i improve. congrats on your win, im happy with my $2200 /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

balt999
06-01-2003, 01:15 PM
Well, when we finally got heads up, my plan was to end it as soon as possible, so I was turned up the aggression. With my chip lead, I don't think I didn't have the superior skills yet to chip away (Especially since I was facing one of the best tourmanet players on Pokerstars), so I wanted to stay away from any major confrontation, and hope the cards fell my way...

Zing Zing
06-01-2003, 09:27 PM
(Especially since I was facing one of the best tourmanet players on Pokerstars),

/forums/images/icons/grin.gif heh i try my best, wish theyd give something for winning the month at least...support tells me they have a surprise in the future for tournament winners in a month...but won't tell me what...guess that would ruin the surprise..

Phlounder
06-01-2003, 10:01 PM
Don't monthly winners get to face Tom McEvoy heads up for a grand? And congrats on your win

davidross
06-01-2003, 11:09 PM
Congrats Balt.

Nice to see that hardwork and practice Pay off.

Zing Zing
06-02-2003, 03:37 AM
You get to play McEvoy if you win a week, you would think winning a month is a lot harder and there should some sort of Mcevoy type thing or something, but nope ya get nada, funny I win the month but I can't win a week, ah well ill keep pluggin away at it...

ohkanada
06-02-2003, 11:38 AM
Congrats!

Ken Poklitar

eMarkM
06-02-2003, 07:42 PM
I'll second what balt said. I don't post much here, but I try to read and absorb the posts here and the advice given has helped me to be a winning sit n go player. I've just started playing the full tourneys at Stars starting with the King of the Zoo tourney and posted my first final table today after only 4 events. Ended up third in a $50 event for $1200 after being in dead last with about 50 players left at one point. So now I'll be here a lot more and posting hands.

Oh, and congrats balt on your win. It's pretty exciting to play for that much money sitting at the final table. Yeah, it's old hat for you vets here, but I'm a real newbie to tourney play and it was quite a rush. A rush I'm looking forward to having again. See ya at the next Zoo tourney.

DoctorJ
06-02-2003, 08:06 PM
I suspect that there are many such as balt99, emarkM, myself who have time to read the posts but not always the time to make them/reply to them as much as we would like.

But we certainly are reaping the benefit of the collective wisdom of those such as OhKanada, Fossilman, Jimbo, Kurnson, etc. I considered myself a decent tourney player before finding 2+2 (maybe incorrectly), and through reading/limited posting have recognized some leaks I can work on.

I for one will do more to post more often and contribute - I feel almost guilty for the wisdom I've collected!

Thanks...

"Many's the times I've been mistaken, and many times confused" - Paul Simon

DoctorJ (dr_j_va on PokerStars and RJ in NorCal B/M - stop re-raising me, darnit)

balt999
06-02-2003, 08:09 PM
eMarkm,

Big Congrats on your great showing in the $50 PL...your right, it's very exciting when your playing for big money, knowing that any hand could mean winning $1,000 or losing..I must say it's an exhilirating feeling when your putting all your money in the middle the pot and your at the mercy of lady lady (Couple of times, I couldn't even look at the cards when i was all in /forums/images/icons/grin.gif )..and the fact that I busted out McEvoy along the way.. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

balt999
06-02-2003, 08:11 PM
Thanks davidross,

Sometimes it gets frustrating when you feel your playing a solid game, then you find yourself knocked out before the first break...or sitting on the bubble... but I always told myself, if I continued to work hard and following the adivce and principles I learn on 2+2..that it would pay off sooner or later....I'm glad I stuck to my guns and didn't give up. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

balt999
06-02-2003, 08:15 PM
I think the weekly McEvoy matchup should be reserved for the monthly winner...to reward consistency rather than someone who's on a rush...

Fmonti
06-03-2003, 09:30 AM
Would like to add my congrats also. I agree with you about all the help we get (for free) on 2+2. Any guesstimate on how many multitable tourneys you have played on PS before winning this one? Also do you feel that you played conservative until you were in the money ?

balt999
06-03-2003, 10:16 AM
AS far as NL tournies are concerned, I probably played around 40 or so on PS...I've made the money 7 times before, but I've never won anything like this...I've played the other tournaments and I've made the money in all of them at least once, except for Omaha Hi Lo....still searching for my first money finish in that game... /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Kurn, son of Mogh
06-03-2003, 11:44 AM
Good job. I've won one B&M multi (Mohegan in Feb) and finished 2nd in one at 'Stars ($20 + 2 a couple of weeks ago). I agree that this board was (and still is) instrumental in my learning process.

cferejohn
06-03-2003, 02:54 PM
I'll just pile on the thank you's. I've won 2 multi-table tournaments in the past couple months (both $20 NL tournaments; one on Pokerstars, one on Party Poker, both with 200+ entrants). I could never ever have done it without all that I have read here.

Chris