PDA

View Full Version : Papparazzi

A_C_Slater
10-16-2005, 12:51 PM
If these guy's are really selling single pictures of celebritie's for +$100,000 then why hasn't anyone decided to collude with a photographer and agree to split up all this money?

They could be making half a million dollars a day if they just pose for ten different photos at various locations!

Another plus is that eventually they will flood the market with their pictures and their papparazzi problems will go away.

Sponger15SB
10-16-2005, 12:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Another plus is that eventually they will flood the market with their pictures and their papparazzi problems will go away.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm kinda shocked that they don't attempt to do this already.

I guess I'll never understand though, because I will never be in their position.

Lazymeatball
10-16-2005, 12:53 PM
Because they value their privacy over the money that could be made, mostly becasue they are super rich and don't need that money.
I'm sure Dustin Diamond would pose for pictures all day, as it turns out, their is little demand for that.

jakethebake
10-16-2005, 12:54 PM
Because they need a reason to whine about how rough their lives are.

Sponger15SB
10-16-2005, 12:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course, because celebrities are perfect and have no problems.

A_C_Slater
10-16-2005, 12:56 PM
Most of these celebrities aren't that rich. The majority that are getting big money for pictures don't have +50,000,000 net worth I am sure. $500,000 a day would be a significant sum to them.

fluxrad
10-16-2005, 01:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Most of these celebrities aren't that rich. The majority that are getting big money for pictures don't have +50,000,000 net worth I am sure. $500,000 a day would be a significant sum to them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are grossly overestimating the net value of celebrity pictures. People might pay $100k for a photo of Brad and Jennifer hooking up while Angelina watches in disgust, but they're not going to shell out for a fuzzy shot of Mr. Pitt eating a hamburger and fries on his back patio. The total sum of these "expensive" photo ops are relatively small.

To make a long story short, your math is incorrect.

Lazymeatball
10-16-2005, 01:02 PM
Ok, in order to proceed with this argument, we need facts. What media sources are offering how much money for pictures of which celebrities.

Otherwise we are just going to making random conjectures about celebreties' net worth and we will get no where.

jakethebake
10-16-2005, 01:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Of course, because celebrities are perfect and have no problems.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you feel the need to respond to my posts just to be a dick, at least make the responses worthwhile. You can do better than this, sponger.

A_C_Slater
10-16-2005, 01:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are grossly overestimating the net value of celebrity pictures. People might pay $100k for a photo of Brad and Jennifer hooking up while Angelina watches in disgust, but they're not going to shell out for a fuzzy shot of Mr. Pitt eating a hamburger and fries on his back patio. The total sum of these "expensive" photo ops are relatively small.

To make a long story short, your math is incorrect.

[/ QUOTE ]

The thing is if you're colluding with the photog then you can stage any expensive scenario that you want. And if you only get $15,000 per picture than you just let more pictures be taken of yourself.

And when no one wants anymore photos of you because the market is oversaturated with you then there will be no more papparazzi.

And don't say they won't get anymore movie roles. There are tons of celebrities with no sustained appearances in People or US who get roles.

Sponger15SB
10-16-2005, 01:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you feel the need to respond to my posts just to be a dick, at least make the responses worthwhile. You can do better than this, sponger.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fine. Thanks for the encouragement!

Los Feliz Slim
10-16-2005, 01:24 PM
They DO do this, to some extent, with wedding and baby pictures. I think Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones did this with their wedding, and I know there are others. I bet Britney Spears sells pictures of her baby.

Lazymeatball
10-16-2005, 02:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
And don't say they won't get anymore movie roles. There are tons of celebrities with no sustained appearances in People or US who get roles.

[/ QUOTE ]

Overexposure can also be bad for a showbiz career. Ask the Bee Gees.

And the more pictures you sell, the lower the price you will get. After the hundredth Cameron Diaz cameltoe pic, the value will start to go down (monetarily speaking of course, Cameron Diaz cameltoe will always have a place in my heart.)

10-16-2005, 03:23 PM
I'm sure some of them already do, but they won't tell you about it.

El Barto
10-16-2005, 03:54 PM
Don't tell anyone, but I hear Peter Parker has a secret papparazi deal with Spiderman. /images/graemlins/blush.gif