PDA

View Full Version : two 2/4 6-max hands

numeri
10-16-2005, 11:54 AM
This is like my 2nd hand post ever, but I'm struggling with some of the bordline plays that occur so often in 6-max. Here are a couple that deepsquat and I were discussion. These were on Absolute, and there's no convertor, so I apologize for the rough formatting.

Hand 1: (4 handed)
Button is fairly TAG. We've had a few run-ins since the table is 4-handed, and I'd definitely characterize him as a thinking player. UTG is more LAGgish at 37/14, but a relatively small sample size.

Preflop:
Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif
UTG raises, Button calls, SB folds, Hero 3-bets, UTG caps, Button calls
Flop (13.5 SB): Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif
Hero bets, UTG raises, Button 3-bets, Hero...?

Ugh...nasty flop vs a PF cap. Any ideas? What to do from here?

Thinking about the rest of the hand, the turn was T/images/graemlins/spade.gif and river was J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.

Hand 2: (4 handed)
I'm new to the table, so no reads yet.

Preflop: Hero is in SB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
UTG calls, Button folds, Hero raises, BB calls, UTG calls
Flop (6 SB): 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif
Hero bets, UTG calls
Turn (4 BB): 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif
Hero bets, UTG calls
River (6 BB): T/images/graemlins/club.gif
Hero...?

Comments on any and all streets appreciated.

kenberman
10-16-2005, 12:02 PM
hand 1 is tough, and my instinct is to call and re-evalute the turn.

hand 2 I think is a bet/fold

McGahee
10-16-2005, 12:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree on both. I don't think I'm ever folding hand #1 unless it's 2 back to me with 4 to a straight up there. It's doubtful button is actually a thinking tag when he coldcalls an UTG Lag PF and even if he is, he could just be trying to isolate the Lag with his flop 3-bet. Sometimes he'll have AJ, but not often enough to fold.

numeri
10-16-2005, 01:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree on both. I don't think I'm ever folding hand #1 unless it's 2 back to me with 4 to a straight up there. It's doubtful button is actually a thinking tag when he coldcalls an UTG Lag PF and even if he is, he could just be trying to isolate the Lag with his flop 3-bet. Sometimes he'll have AJ, but not often enough to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree with hand 1. The river is easy to play, but the flop and turn sucked for me. I just felt kind of lost.

10-16-2005, 02:00 PM
I am check calling hand 2. A lot of people just bluff too much.