PDA

View Full Version : Ryder Cup 24h Disappoinment

Packerfan1
05-31-2003, 07:12 PM
Sigh /forums/images/icons/frown.gif Sorry, I need to vent.

But I'll start by saying thanks to True Poker for the Freeroll shot at a share of $10K over this weekend.

So... off to 24h Poker today for the 1st tournament that starts at 2:30 PM Central Time. And at 1:30PM Central Time cards are in the virtual air... Heh, good thing I logged in early, Im guessing half of the American squad was a no show and we'll see some anger towards True as they all probably showed up at 230 to find themselves picked up.

Im fortunate enough to work my way to the final 2 tables (16). They pay 12.

Then all hell breaks loose.

Or in this case... no hell breaks loose, I guess. Because suddenly my hard drive becomes a hard overdrive that will not stop running and my always perfect cable modem suddenly cannot stay connected to 24h. I get autofolded. 4 hands later I see my hand... and get auto folded. My computer refuses to catch up. And Im wasting away right on the bubble.

Needless to say, this is most frustrating. How my computer survived in tact I really do not know. I try everything. I close 24h and reopen.. this takes 2 rounds. I reboot, this takes forever. Finally, I seem to be ok. I get lucky, double up a few times and am back in contention at the final table.

When it starts again.

I stare in absolute horror as I have AA... and can't act, i get autofolded.
I beat my head into the wall as become shortstacked and get AhKh.. to have 2 people go all in ahead of me. I AUTO ALL-IN when I had the chance... nope doesn't work. I get a 2 second glimpse of the final board.... it has 3 hearts.

I can honestly say I have never been more upset about making a "free" $250. Sorry if that sounds wrong.

My computer IT guru wife is looking at my computer right now. I'm sure its not the problem (but it could be). I guess I'll have to wait and see if any other US players had the same experience.

/forums/images/icons/mad.gif

Ok. Again. Thank you True Poker for the shot. I hope I can play the whole way tomorrow (where I have the chance to screw things up by playing and finish on the bubble.)

Pack

Packerfan1
05-31-2003, 07:15 PM
You should have heard me when 24h then charged me $10 to withdraw the $250.

AAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH!

Pack

dux
06-01-2003, 01:33 AM
Another happy customer. Wiill stefan buy into this thread?

gdaily
06-01-2003, 08:16 AM
Hi,

just a thing:

The tournament started exactly when it was supposed to do, 20:30 Central Europeean Time (CET), and that is 2:30 (14:30) EST.

I do not know where you have got 2:30 Central Time from, clearely not from the 24h website.

regards
/Ola

archmagi
06-01-2003, 08:44 AM
Isn't 24h located in Europe?
The telecom lines under the Meditteranean were dmaged in an earthquake, so some of the European lines are a mess right now.
I heard they will be fixes by the 6th.
This might be the reason?

gdaily
06-01-2003, 10:47 AM
Hi,

that could be correct, I have heard of two locations for their server - either in Sweden (since it is a Swedish parent company) or Malta (where they have their gaming license)

If the latter is correct, the mess with lines in the midterrian area could be true

regards
Ola

Packerfan1
06-01-2003, 01:58 PM
I know to you Im a stupid American, but I can tell time.

Directly from True Poker's website.

Saturday May 31st - 2:30 PM CDT.

I live in the Central Time Zone. It started at 1:30 CDT.

Todays event is scheduled for 3PM CDT which according to True's Tournament board cooresponds to.. wow, 3PM my Central Time!

So frankly I dont care if it started exactly at 20:30 Bavarian Nut Crunch Mountain Village time. The time reported to the USA players for Saturday's event was off.

Pack

By the way, this post while accurate, is dripping with sarcasm. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

rusty JEDI
06-01-2003, 03:02 PM
So frankly I dont care if it started exactly at 20:30 Bavarian Nut Crunch Mountain Village time.

This is funny but it is also the exact same reason why the rest of the world thinks americans are so arrogant. The world does not revolve around your little central time. Jek187 was in the tournament and is from the US and lives in your central time and as far as i know he had no problem at all.

rJ

gdaily
06-01-2003, 03:17 PM
"So frankly I dont care if it started exactly at 20:30 Bavarian Nut Crunch Mountain Village time. The time reported to the USA players for Saturday's event was off"

On the truepoker site is says 2:30 CDT. On 24h it says 20:30 CET. It started 20:30, as it was supposed to do. Do not blame 24 (exclusive) for Truepoker has wrong info on their site.

regards
Ola

jek187
06-01-2003, 04:06 PM
"Jek187 was in the tournament and is from the US and lives in your central time and as far as i know he had no problem at all. "

Damnit people. I live in Mountain time...the neglected time zone.

As far as the time mixup goes, I notice that True Poker's lobby lists everything in Eastern Standard Time when most of the world (I think) is on Daylight Time. Thus the one hour difference.

24hPOKER
06-02-2003, 08:59 AM
Well, Congrats for the $250...

Anyway, i cannot be responsible for what happens or not at the Truepoker Site. We stated starting times in CET and EDT on our website. Also, if you watch the Tournament Area all our tournaments are listed in your local time.

About the software trouble, it was not located on our servers. I cannot tell you whether it was faulty Atlantic lines due to earthquake or some overheated hardrive though.

As to the $10 in fee, we waive them if you earn 800 VIP-points. Please remember that a player not participating in anything else than freerolls only cost yus money. The reason for this tournament was of course to invite you and the others to play at 24hPOKER a little bit after the tournament as well. Hoping to get some rake generaing action from you.

I am truly sorry for all your problems and hope that you will come back in the future. We are throwing a $10,000 tournament, no qualification needed, buyin VIP 1000 only.

Also this Saturday we have a $500 tournament with only a VIP20 buy in.

Perhaps you should deposit a bit instead of withdraw?

Best regards

Ralle
06-02-2003, 11:19 AM
TruePoker had the reverse problem. The game was announced to begin at 21.00 CET, but it didn't start until 22.00 CET. No problem for me, but still a little surprising. I think maybe their is some confusion about daylight savings time.

TruePoker CEO
06-02-2003, 11:24 AM
We apologize for any time zone errors, which we apparently had a hand in. We will get a list of Team USA no-shows/lates from 24hpoker and make some compensation for your trouble.

Truepoker

Mike Haven
06-02-2003, 12:58 PM
i've mentioned this site before and i have always found it accurate when comparing times throughout the world - keep it in your favourites list for times like this - /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif - www.timeticker.com (http://www.timeticker.com)

dogsballs
06-02-2003, 01:50 PM
I think Pokerstars does it best by stating the date and time, but also stating, eg "In 4 days 3 hours and 40 minutes".

Also, as long as the site puts up their local server time prominently when listing tournament starts, it's easy enough to figure out. I think 24hpoker does this.

dogs

happyjaypee
06-02-2003, 04:35 PM
nice link mike

thx

-Happy /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif