PDA

View Full Version : JTs flopped two pair.

element00
10-16-2005, 09:07 AM
UTG is very loose aggressive from what I can tell and a true donk. His stats are VPIP 54.5% PFR 8%. Well, I really need help on my plays coz I'm a break even player and I just can't seem to learn so I'll be posting a lot more hands. I play tons of hands and still can't learn ugh.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero ($172.20)
CO ($150.65)
Button ($99.90)
SB ($142.10)
BB ($44.70)
UTG ($332.43)

Preflop: Hero is MP with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG calls $1, Hero calls $1, CO calls $1, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB (poster) completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($5) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $7</font>, Hero calls $7, CO folds, SB folds, BB folds.

Turn: ($19) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $10</font>, Hero calls $10.

River: ($39) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $25</font>, Hero calls $25.

Final Pot:

$89

PugX
10-16-2005, 09:15 AM
You have a good hand and you need to rasie it somewhere.

Normally I would raise at the flop to protect against straight-draws. Raise it to 25 dollar at the flop.

//Pug

BobboFitos
10-16-2005, 09:20 AM
it seems villain likes his hand! raise ze flop, hope he dies with Jx. (likely his hand)

Given you didnt raise the flop, raise ze turn.

Given you didnt raie the turn, ze river call is good.

element00
10-16-2005, 09:24 AM
Heh, you know what's funny is. Even though he didn't raise pre flop something popped up in my head after I saw the turn 'what if he has better two pair' So I decided to call(I know wrong play because I have no reason to think he has over pair). Then he bet the river so strong, I was really worried, so I just called.

He flipped over KK. What a donk : ). But thanks. How much would you raise the flop?

BobboFitos
10-16-2005, 09:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Heh, you know what's funny is. Even though he didn't raise pre flop something popped up in my head after I saw the turn 'what if he has better two pair' So I decided to call(I know wrong play because I have no reason to think he has over pair). Then he bet the river so strong, I was really worried, so I just called.

He flipped over KK. What a donk : ). But thanks. How much would you raise the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was going to mention 3 pairing could've killed two pair vs overpair, but it was a limped pot and it's shorthanded. If he really limped KK (which he did!) good for him, he made an advanced play which would've screwed him had you pressed the flop advanyage, but it worked out for him turn and river.

Anyway, on the flop you dont need to raise much, as original bettor shuts people off from draws (that they're not likely to have; KQ, Q9, 89 only ones you "fear") so really the key is reopening the betting and ensure you're going to play a big pot.

He bet 7 into 5, a call puts ~19 on board, I probably make it 17 or 18 total.

Edit: It's important to start building the pot ASAP. Firtsoff, you're both fairly deep, (effective stack 170bbs) so a flat call defeats this. Secondoff, it was a limped pot; ideally he has AJ/KJ/QJ (or AA/KK/QQ!) that he'll overplay and call the flop raise (and then enlarged pot creates nice value betting opportunities for next two streets)

10-16-2005, 09:28 AM
No strictly right line except your line is really weak. I like the flop call, but I raise the turn something huge so the logical consequence that it creates a push/fold situation for the villain.

element00
10-16-2005, 09:32 AM
Thank you.

BobboFitos
10-16-2005, 09:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Thank you.

[/ QUOTE ]

no problem!

if anyone could help me with my sleeping issues, I'd appreciate it...

element00
10-16-2005, 09:46 AM
ganja always helps /images/graemlins/wink.gif