PDA

View Full Version : Bubble Play. Some questions

10-16-2005, 08:12 AM
Hoping someone could help me out with a few questions about bubble play?

1- While aggression is of course the best policy, is it as simple as pushing with my full stack at all times? Is it correct to make a raise to 3x BB if i have more than say 12x BB or so?

2- I read a post saying that my range of hands should be pushing with top %70 and calling with top %30. I was wondering if I should be calling with a known coin flip (eg. pair of 3's)? Would it not make sense to fold and look for a better situation?

Any help appreciated.

10-16-2005, 08:44 AM
1- While aggression is of course the best policy, is it as simple as pushing with my full stack at all times? Is it correct to make a raise to 3x BB if i have more than say 12x BB or so?

Yes, when you have 12BB you should just raise.

2- I read a post saying that my range of hands should be pushing with top %70 and calling with top %30. I was wondering if I should be calling with a known coin flip (eg. pair of 3's)? Would it not make sense to fold and look for a better situation?

Pushing with top 70% and calling with top 30% makes no sense. This is not a general rule, but could be correct in a certain situation. The percentage of hands you should push (or call) depend on your stack size, the blinds, number of players remaining, and the number of players left to act after you, the stacks sizes of opponents, their call ranges (and skill level).

It depends. With SNG Powertools you can calculate whether a push or all-in call is +EV or not. sitngo-analyzer.com

Edit: calling an all-in with 33 is usually not good.

Dr_Jeckyl_00
10-16-2005, 09:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Yes, when you have 12BB you should just raise.

Pushing with top 70% and calling with top 30% makes no sense. This is not a general rule, but could be correct in a certain situation. The percentage of hands you should push (or call) depend on your stack size, the blinds, number of players remaining, and the number of players left to act after you, the stacks sizes of opponents, their call ranges (and skill level).

It depends. With SNG Powertools you can calculate whether a push or all-in call is +EV or not. sitngo-analyzer.com

Edit: calling an all-in with 33 is usually not good.

[/ QUOTE ]

In addition to above, the frequency that you have pushed recently is important as well as your position... from SB you can push w/ much weaker hands, while UTG you need a very strong hand to push. It is generally not good to call from bubble unless your hand is VERY strong...