PDA

View Full Version : Moving up: $50NL or $25NL 6-max?

afreeman
10-16-2005, 07:40 AM
My bankroll recently cleared the $500 mark, and I feel ready to start taking shots at the next limit. I've got a couple of options: (1) take a few shots at $50NL, (2) try $25NL 6-max for a while, or (3) go deeper into multi-tabling at $25NL.

For what its worth, I feel that I suck at multitabling. The pace is such that I can't really keep track of important details like who raised pre-flop, and in general I feel a bit blind playing that way, although PT and PokerAce HUD help quite a bit. Results-wise, however, I seem to do about as well with either 1 or 2 tables.

Also, I'm more concerned with learning to play good poker than I am about immediate bankroll building. I figure the cash will follow the skills as they develop.

Finally, I've been averaging about 17PTBB/hour at $25NL, but my sample size is rediculously small (5k hands), so those stats don't mean anything. (Interestingly, however, I did run my hand database thru the "luckometer" at www.pokergrader.com (http://www.pokergrader.com); according to it, at least, I've been averaging slightly unlucky since I started playing.)

Anyway, what is next?

Even a listing of how long (in hands played, I guess) you guys stayed at each limit would be great.

xorbie
10-16-2005, 08:03 AM
I would take some shots at 50NL. Seems like you do fine at ring, so moving up should work out.