PDA

View Full Version : Drinking 10 Duvels in 1 hr

gulebjorn
10-16-2005, 07:15 AM
A friend of mine opened a bar a few months ago. Some guy wanted to prove to his friends that he could drink 10 duvels in one hour. (Duvel = 8.5 vol % alc, 33 cl).

He drank 8. Watch (http://apb347.zattevrienden.be/Duvel.wmv) what happened after that. Video has been edited because the last 4 or so took too long.

My buddy now made a few newspapers because the video has like 50.000 downloads and counting...

Evan
10-16-2005, 07:49 AM
Jesus, how big are those glasses? They look huge.

gulebjorn
10-16-2005, 07:58 AM
1/2L, if you fill it to the top. The beer is 0.33L.

Los Feliz Slim
10-16-2005, 08:28 AM
I stopped watching when it looked like it was starting to come back out his nose. But anyone with half a brain wouldn't try and drink that much strong beer in an hour, that's insane.

spamuell
10-16-2005, 08:42 AM
anyone with half a brain wouldn't try and drink that much strong beer in an hour, that's insane.

How much is it, in units of alcohol? It doesn't sound like *that* much to me. 3.3 litres of 8.5% is like just over half a litre of vodka - which is yeah, a lot to drink in an hour, but I wouldn't say insane, I mean people quite frequently do that and don't throw up.

Los Feliz Slim
10-16-2005, 08:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
anyone with half a brain wouldn't try and drink that much strong beer in an hour, that's insane.

How much is it, in units of alcohol? It doesn't sound like *that* much to me. 3.3 litres of 8.5% is like just over half a litre of vodka - which is yeah, a lot to drink in an hour, but I wouldn't say insane, I mean people quite frequently do that and don't throw up.

[/ QUOTE ]

You might be right, all I know is that this type of beer (anything like Duvel, Chimay, etc) kicks my ass up and down the block whenever I drink it. Two large bottles of Chimay over a couple of hours makes me feel crappy the next day, and Duvel is stronger, so 10 in an hour would ruin me.

Evan
10-16-2005, 08:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Drinking that much alcohol in vodka is orders of magnitude easier than in beer. I've never had one, but those things look pretty thick. Imagine trying to drink half a bottle of vodka is you had to mix it with a milkshake.

DougOzzzz
10-16-2005, 08:53 AM
10 duvels in 1 hour = 17 "regular" 5% beers.
Or about 1 750 ml bottle of vodka.

gulebjorn
10-16-2005, 08:59 AM
The foam on that stuff is the real problem. Duvel bottles actually explode in the case, if you handle it too rough. I would estimate that 0.33L of Duvel could easily produce 1L of foam.

Also, do you call it foam? What is that stuff on top of the beer?

Evan
10-16-2005, 09:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The foam on that stuff is the real problem. Duvel bottles actually explode in the case, if you handle it too rough. I would estimate that 0.33L of Duvel could easily produce 1L of foam.

[/ QUOTE ]
head

gulebjorn
10-16-2005, 09:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
head

[/ QUOTE ]

ty

manpower
10-16-2005, 02:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
10 duvels in 1 hour = 17 "regular" 5% beers.
Or about 1 750 ml bottle of vodka.

[/ QUOTE ]

My calculations show 15.4 cans of PBR. I couldn't do it but I've seen it done.

shant
10-16-2005, 02:24 PM
Duvel = High Class 211

Lazymeatball
10-16-2005, 02:41 PM
The quantities involved sound similar to the milk challenge by volume. However you also have to deal with carbonation and the dehabilitating effects of alcohol. Maybe a cow with a drinking problem could do it, but no humnan, not in an hour.

nails
10-16-2005, 02:55 PM
What a waste of really great beer. If you're going for volume drinking or a quick drunk, why bother with Duvel? Just pound 15 [insert flavorless light American lager here]. Plus, I'd hate to ruin my appreciation for Duvel by spending more time vomiting it than drinking it...

That said, he should have brought a beer bong. One every six minutes -- plenty of time to puke in between beers.

Boris
10-16-2005, 05:17 PM
It looks like the dude died. I thought it was gonna be really funny to watch him puke all over the bar. But instead he just keeled over and died. Not funny bro.

gmrankin
10-16-2005, 05:53 PM
link isn't working

gulebjorn
10-16-2005, 05:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It looks like the dude died. I thought it was gonna be really funny to watch him puke all over the bar. But instead he just keeled over and died. Not funny bro.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha. He was fine. Spent the night in hospital and basically just slept it off. Had some stitches and broken glasses to show for it.

gulebjorn
10-16-2005, 06:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
link isn't working

[/ QUOTE ]

Works for me. Try this (http://www.ifeeder.net/m.asp?id=777797877788543) or this (Andere Pandora).

Fratony
10-16-2005, 06:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As was said drinking that much beer is much more difficult than vodka or any other spirit if you have a time constraint because of foam build-up in your stomache. Another thing that makes this incredibly difficult is that carbonation makes the alcohol enter the bloodstream faster obviously causing you to get drunk faster. This is the whole reason you shouldnt drink beer and then take shots. All aside i think this is do-able but also insane. When i was in munich i saw some old german dudes, putting us college kids to shame and showing no sign of drunkeness.

DougOzzzz
10-16-2005, 06:49 PM
I forgot to take into account the slightly smaller bottle size.

10-16-2005, 07:10 PM
Had a sober friend realize he wanted to be drunk like the rest of us take 4 doulbe shots in under 5 minutes. 10 minutes later he was walking on a sidewalk and passed out while walking and face planted. Wish i had a video of that.

brassnuts
10-16-2005, 07:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
head

[/ QUOTE ]

ty

[/ QUOTE ]