PDA

View Full Version : Ever won a hand and not realised it

theblitz
10-16-2005, 04:41 AM
I must have been high or something yesterday.
Twice I played a hand and when the showdown came I was sure I had lost. I said NH to the other guy only to see the chips slide my way!

In one hand I had QQ. Raise and called.
Board was KK5.
Bet and called.
All-in on turn K.
Rag on river.

He shows 55 for a flopped FH.
I look, sure I have lost and say NH.
Only then, when the chips move my way do I realise I also have a FH.

(He paid the price for calling PF without odds and then slow-playing the FH).

In the second hand I had AA. Raise and call.

Flop is Q8T.
Bet and call.
All-in on turn T.
Rags on river.

He shows Q8 flopped 2 pair.
Again I say NH and am shocked to see the chips slide my way!
We both missed the fact that the paired board conterfeited
his hand.
Again he paid the price for a stupid pre-flop call and slow-playing the flop.

So, is it just me or has anyone else ever won a hand like that?

SoftcoreRevolt
10-16-2005, 04:51 AM
Yeah, once I was in an FTP 5 +.5 tournament that began at 1 AM. I was mainly entering to screw around with some new strategies, and to have fun. I really didn't expect to do so well, since I was actively trying to play a big looser preflop for a change, and since I was down with the flu, or something, I was pretty out of it. Anyway, I do pretty well in the tournament...

Right before the final table, I get dealt JJ, raise, get one caller, flop my set. Bet 2/3 the pot, called. Turn blank, another bet, call. River completes a possible flush, and here I am as second in chips at the table versus the guy in 1st. I bet, he raises all in, I call knowing I'm beat.

He shows the flush, my hand is shown, and I realize the river paired the board and I had a full house. This gives me the tournament chip lead going into the final table, where of course I piss it away in 3 hands (QQ vs AJ, AK vs K9, and JJ vs AK) to come in 8th.

Fun night.

10-16-2005, 05:21 AM
I once had an opponent insist repeatedly that I was a filthy cheater when the site gave me the chips after my two pair beat his three pair

Uglyowl
10-16-2005, 11:25 AM
I play 8 tables at once so once in a great while I will hit a straight and not realize it.

wmspringer
10-16-2005, 11:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]

So, is it just me or has anyone else ever won a hand like that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just last night, actually...was playing HU and didn't realize I'd rivered a straight!

10-16-2005, 12:02 PM
In a B&M I had been drinking heavily with friends at the table, none of us should have been playing. I threw my JQ out face up after EP showed a split pair of aces, said somthing like 'that beats my jacks', the dealer mucked the cards and an old lady on the other side of the table piped in and said 'hang on, you had the nut straight'. I was too smashed to really care but she called over the pit boss, they went back to the tape and paid me /images/graemlins/grin.gif

siccjay
10-16-2005, 12:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I once had an opponent insist repeatedly that I was a filthy cheater when the site gave me the chips after my two pair beat his three pair

[/ QUOTE ]

I once had an opponent tell me that there is no way his A3 could have lost to my AQ on an AAx flop because he had 3 Aces and there are only 4 in the deck.

10-16-2005, 12:24 PM
You must get over this Weak-Tight Syndrome.

UATrewqaz
10-16-2005, 02:22 PM
I've checked behind on the river not seeing my straight at least half a dozen times.....

/images/graemlins/frown.gif

10-16-2005, 02:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
In a B&M I had been drinking heavily with friends at the table, none of us should have been playing. I threw my JQ out face up after EP showed a split pair of aces, said somthing like 'that beats my jacks', the dealer mucked the cards and an old lady on the other side of the table piped in and said 'hang on, you had the nut straight'. I was too smashed to really care but she called over the pit boss, they went back to the tape and paid me /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I would hope the guy who lost would beat the [censored] out of both you and the old lady next time.

Simplistic
10-16-2005, 02:54 PM
cards speak. idiot.

xxx
10-16-2005, 02:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would hope the guy who lost would beat the [censored] out of both you and the old lady next time.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, I understand beating up the broad, but why in the world would you want to beat up a drunk who misreads the river and has friends at the table too. Gotta pick your fights more carefully.