PDA

View Full Version : NL$50 flush draw question

orentha
10-16-2005, 03:43 AM
I've been playing and reading these forums for a while now, but this is my first hand post...
How was my play? my main quesiton is about the flop bet... what is a good amount if any ? My bet was probably a little low.

Villian has VPIP of 27.5% & PFR of 5%.

Party Poker (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB checks.

Flop: 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font> ($2.5 in pot)
Hero bets $1, BB folds, UTG folds, Villian calls $1, Button folds.

Turn: Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero bets $4, Villian raises to $10, Hero calls $6.

River: 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks. Villian bets $20, Hero calls $20.

Final Pot: $61.50

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has 6d Ad (flush, ace high).
Villian has Qh 9s (three of a kind, queens).
Outcome: Hereo win $61.50 pot</font>

I obviously didn't have the absolute nuts, but I coldn't really put Villian on a full house based on his flop play. Is this a good assumption ?
I think he definately would have raised me on teh flop if he had QQ, Q4, QT.
so when he raeised on the turn, I knew he hit his queen , but I wasn't worried.

kitaristi0
10-16-2005, 07:01 AM
Pretty standard, did you raise PF? I raise this PF 99.7% of the time, folded to me in the SB w/ A6s.

10-16-2005, 09:24 AM
Push river.

JeanieJ
10-16-2005, 10:23 AM
You're fearing the nuts far too much for a 6-max table. My chips are going in the middle in this situation every time. Your opponent is showing aggression but not enough for you to fear the fullhouse. It screams I have Three of a king.

Reraising the turn is an option to consider. If he only has the queen and Not a fullhouse he's calling this spot without the odds to continue.

As someone else said, you should be all in on the river.