PDA

View Full Version : JJ, flopped over, turned over

mhlandry
10-16-2005, 03:27 AM
Villain is 20/5 over 50 hands. Outside of that, seems pretty decent so far.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif. CO posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, Hero checks.

The range of hands I'm beating here just dropped a bit I believe. I'm suddenly remembering all the times I've been checkraised on the turn in very similar situations. Is this weak/tight thinking? If it is, can you tell me which hands he's calling with that I beat? 88-TT, KJ, KT is all I can figure here.

River: (5.25 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, Hero checks.

Same thing as the turn? Does he call a bet with anything I beat?

Final Pot: 5.25 BB

maxsick
10-16-2005, 04:44 AM
I think I bet/fold the turn...you'll probably get profitable call downs with smaller poket pairs (or even K6 suited or something) or from one of the speculative hands (K10, KJ). If he c/r, he probably he's might be slowplaying an Ace or set so I fold. I'm a n00b so I'm very probably wrong.

Shillx
10-16-2005, 04:56 AM
Most people are dumb and fastplay aces here aginst better players. The good news is that they don't fastplay a lot of other hands. Someone who would check/raise with both AK and 77 would make you throw fits here. So when he check/calls the flop, the odds go way down that he actaully has an ace. I like the plan of checking behind on 4th with the intention of putting one more bet in. So yes I would bet the river when checked to.

Brad

chiachu
10-16-2005, 06:38 AM
Sometimes i bet the turn and dont put anymore money into the pot (unless of course you river a J).
Other times i check behind on the turn and call a river bet.

In this case, id be weak and check behind on the river

mhlandry
10-16-2005, 02:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Most people are dumb and fastplay aces here aginst better players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Should I be concerned w/ KK and QQ here? I guess not, as with my read he would surely cap these pf.

[ QUOTE ]
The good news is that they don't fastplay a lot of other hands. Someone who would check/raise with both AK and 77 would make you throw fits here. So when he check/calls the flop, the odds go way down that he actaully has an ace. I like the plan of checking behind on 4th with the intention of putting one more bet in. So yes I would bet the river when checked to.

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been noticing a decent amount of people checkraising the river at 2/4. Whereas I don't think I saw it more than a handful of times in my 10k hands at 1/2. I've even seem the terrible move where I check behind on the turn, guy in ep checks the river, I bet, and he crs. What would make someone do this? Is there a certain type of player that likes this move (other than a donkey =)? And if I do get cr'd on the river, it's such an odd play that I usually call anyways. Thoughts?

numeri
10-16-2005, 02:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Villain is 20/5 over 50 hands.
88-TT, KJ, KT is all I can figure here.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think you can take 88, KJ/KT, and maybe even 99 out with that PFR. I like the way you played it.

mhlandry
10-16-2005, 03:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Villain is 20/5 over 50 hands.
88-TT, KJ, KT is all I can figure here.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think you can take 88, KJ/KT, and maybe even 99 out with that PFR. I like the way you played it.

[/ QUOTE ]

50 hands is nothing though. I think the only thing the 5pfr says is that he's not a maniac. I don't really think it limits his raising standards much more than that though.