PDA

View Full Version : extremely strange hand

10-16-2005, 02:39 AM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (16 SB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (12 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls.

River: (16 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls.

Final Pot: 20 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
SB has 4d Qd (two pair, queens and fives).
Hero has Ac Ah (two pair, aces and fives).
UTG+2 has 5s 5h (four of a kind, fives).
MP1 has Kd Ks (two pair, kings and fives).
Outcome: UTG+2 wins 20 BB. </font>

strange no??

Harv72b
10-16-2005, 02:41 AM
The strangest part is the way the guy with AA did nothing but check/call postflop. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

And on a 2-suited flop, no less.

TheHammer24
10-16-2005, 02:47 AM
I haven't read the results, I don't know if you won. You played that hand terribly though.

10-16-2005, 02:50 AM
i check-called because i knew they would not fold and i wasn't a favorite anymore with that flop. also i knew i wasn't laying down pocket aces. me and MP1 woulda lost alot more bets if i had bet he reraise etc no?

lighterjobs
10-16-2005, 03:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i check-called because i knew they would not fold and i wasn't a favorite anymore with that flop. also i knew i wasn't laying down pocket aces. me and MP1 woulda lost alot more bets if i had bet he reraise etc no?

[/ QUOTE ]

so... why didn't you raise?

TheHammer24
10-16-2005, 03:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You have a lot to learn... Here's Some Advice (http://twoplustwo.com/books.html#Small%20Stakes%20Hold'em)

10-16-2005, 03:06 AM
How you don't bet out on this flop is beyond me. Yea, you lost the hand to quads, but how often is that going to happen? Should you have lost more on this particular hand? Yes. However, you're losing quite a but more when opponents don't hit trips/quads/whatever and you play passively. You have aces, bet them for godsakes.

newhizzle
10-16-2005, 03:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

how are so sure you arent a favorite on the flop?

Harv72b
10-16-2005, 03:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i check-called because i knew they would not fold and i wasn't a favorite anymore with that flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Without knowing their hole cards (which you didn't know as the hand went down), how on Earth could you have decided that you were no longer a favorite with that flop?

10-16-2005, 03:24 AM
i suppose the fact that there are 4 ppl in the pot doesn't make a difference? maybe its just me but i lower my % chance to win when there are so many players in a pot and so the likelihood i was outflopped or someone easily had a flush draw or trip queens was high. plus the fact that there were extremely loose players on that table. the fact that everyone called? i am reading sshe, but i think not bettin/raising that was appropriate. had it been 1 less or heads up then yes i definately would have bet out..

Harv72b
10-16-2005, 03:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i suppose the fact that there are 4 ppl in the pot doesn't make a difference? the likelihood i was outflopped or someone easily had a flush draw or trip queens doesn't scare anyone? the fact that everyone called?

[/ QUOTE ]

Slow down on the turn, not on the flop. If you don't bet your overpairs into large fields, you might as well just save yourself some time and transfer everyone at the table a bit of your bankroll--you are just asking to be drawn out on. The paragraph above is the quintessential definition of "weak/tight"...you simply cannot fear monsters under the bed and win at limit hold'em. Period.

You don't play Aces for set value. You play them because they are going to win the vast majority of the time you are dealt them. Not betting them is costing you money over the long run...a lot of it.

[ QUOTE ]
i am reading sshe, but i think not bettin/raising that was appropriate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hopefully, when you finish reading SSH you will understand why that statement is incorrect. If not, read it again. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

TheHammer24
10-16-2005, 03:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i suppose the fact that there are 4 ppl in the pot doesn't make a difference? maybe its just me but i lower my % chance to win when there are so many players in a pot and so the likelihood i was outflopped or someone easily had a flush draw or trip queens was high. plus the fact that there were extremely loose players on that table. the fact that everyone called? i am reading sshe, but i think not bettin/raising that was appropriate. had it been 1 less or heads up then yes i definately would have bet out..

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not just you, you have a lower chance of winning when there are more people in a hand. However, it is not about who has the best chance of winning a pot, and ultimately who wins the most pots. Rahter, it is who wins the most money in poker.

If four people are in the hand, you collect 3 extra bets by raising instead of 1 BB via a HU confrontation. In the long run this pays off huge. AA should be your best hand, it will not be if youare fearful of losing to a flush when there are only two diamonds on the board at the time you go into call down mode.