PDA

View Full Version : Is is folding KKK standard here?

Biggenx
10-16-2005, 12:36 AM
Ok, so the hand went something like this, ep raised with who knows what, and the guy directly to my right (CO) reraised. I have no read on him since it's my first time playing at PokerStars.

This is a $25 PLO table, so i have trouble respecting anyone's raises.

So this guy to my right is obviously trying to represent pocket A's. I have KK double suited with J/ rag.

Flop come K blank A rainbow, he bet the pot, and i think that call was ok, then a J came on the turn, might have given the board two suits, also possible straight, and this guy all but goes all in. I think i should have folded. Now, does a fold here completely rely on a read, or is it standard?

oh, and i had 2x the buy in verse his $5 less than buy in.

Medra
10-16-2005, 01:22 AM
They might have reraised with something like AKQJ or maybe 6789, who knows, but when they pot the flop I give them credit for at least an A, if not AA. If you were ahead on the flop, the turn card was ugly.

Of course a read helps, they might do the same with two pair or just one pair, but even without a read, a raise and reraise screams a big pair in this game.

joewatch
10-16-2005, 03:45 AM
You should raise the flop to avoid the turn decision.

Biggenx
10-16-2005, 06:26 AM
So re-raise the flop and fold to a three bet, right? And yeah he had pocket A's.

Just a sick flop, seems like most of the time you can give your opponent credit for what he's representing. I know i've made plenty of crying calls just because i thought it was impossible for them to have it. Then again you never know if the other player thinks he can play one card/three cards..

10-16-2005, 06:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You should raise the flop to avoid the turn decision.

[/ QUOTE ]
Out of curiosity, do you mean pot raise, min-rasie or something in between?

I ask because I naturally lean towards a mini-raise but I'm concerned that this just screams "I have 2nd set and I'll always fold if you raise me but will call you down if you cold call".

redmarion
10-16-2005, 07:30 AM
In big bet, you give one of two things: (a) respect or (b) your money.

[ QUOTE ]
This is a $25 PLO table, so i have trouble respecting anyone's raises.

[/ QUOTE ]
If this is you mind set; give them lots of money. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

joewatch
10-16-2005, 11:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Out of curiosity, do you mean pot raise, min-rasie or something in between?

[/ QUOTE ]

This depends on your playing style. For example, if you always minraise when you have the nuts, you should also minraise when you have the 2nd nuts.