PDA

View Full Version : Feeding a baby.

10-16-2005, 12:18 AM
Does anyone know when feeding a baby formula, is it bad to let him/her drink the entire bottle including the bubbly froth? It seems like this might cause a lot of gas. I hate to waste the last bit, but I'd much rather not have an upset infant over a few bubbles.

BTW, any tricks on cradling, feeding, and typing? /images/graemlins/smirk.gif lol

jakethebake
10-16-2005, 12:19 AM
Better off not giving them the froth.

vulturesrow
10-16-2005, 12:19 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En respuesta a:</font><hr />
Does anyone know when feeding a baby formula, is it bad to let him/her drink the entire bottle including the bubbly froth? It seems like this might cause a lot of gas. I hate to waste the last bit, but I'd much rather not have an upset infant over a few bubbles.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its ok. Finish it off.

BTW, any tricks on cradling, feeding, and typing? /images/graemlins/smirk.gif lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Practice makes perfect. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

theweatherman
10-16-2005, 12:29 AM
If thebaby gets uppity just give it a few good shakes, that'll quiet it down.

Los Feliz Slim
10-16-2005, 09:08 AM
I was told you should stop before getting to the end of the bottle, for exactly the reasons you suppose.

When you're mixing the bottle, you don't need to shake it so vigorously. That's what's creating the froth. The formula dissolves really easily, so just take it easy in the shaking. Slosh it around, back and forth, just don't go all paint-mixer on it.

Congratulations on the baby.

siccjay
10-16-2005, 09:20 AM
This title made me think of that Dane Cook.

It makes me so angry I wanna punch a baby. LMAO

vulturesrow
10-16-2005, 10:42 AM
I was told you should stop before getting to the end of the bottle, for exactly the reasons you suppose.

When you're mixing the bottle, you don't need to shake it so vigorously. That's what's creating the froth. The formula dissolves really easily, so just take it easy in the shaking. Slosh it around, back and forth, just don't go all paint-mixer on it.

Congratulations on the baby.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ive never left some in the bottom of the bottle and its never been an issue.

JihadOnTheRiver
10-16-2005, 10:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. I dunno if I'm seeing this right, but I'm pretty sure that somebody is asking OOT for baby-caring advice. If I'm not mistaken, the world just stopped rotating...

WLVRYN
10-16-2005, 11:19 AM
I'm pretty sure you rub the side of your nose with your finger and then swirl it in the formula to make the bubbles go away....oh wait...thats for beer, not formula.

Try a few drops of Mylicon in the bottle before you give it and it should help the bubbles go down.

jakethebake
10-16-2005, 11:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Wow. I dunno if I'm seeing this right, but I'm pretty sure that somebody is asking OOT for baby-caring advice. If I'm not mistaken, the world just stopped rotating...

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno but I think this person's world would come to an end if the kid's mom ever finds out.