PDA

View Full Version : Saudi Imams Continue Their Calls for Death and Destruction

MMMMMM
05-31-2003, 12:16 PM
An article detailing some highlights from a State Department report: the State Department's employees attended services at mainstream mosques in Saudi Arabia and reported back to Washington. As is typical of State, which generally tries to couch things in diplomatic terms in order to foster good relations, some of the reports are if anything a bit understated. Yet the message is clear: imams in mainstream Saudi mosques continue to preach for the destruction of America and Israel. This is clearly with at least the tacit approval of the Saudi government and Royal Family. Those who think "radical" Islam is far from the norm are probably unaware of the extent to which such venom is being propagated.

http://www.nationalreview.com/mowbray/mowbray052903.asp

adios
06-02-2003, 01:42 AM
This basically states what I've always assumed. Western culture is extremely threatening to these clerics.

Dr Wogga
06-02-2003, 10:34 AM
....I despise these 2-faced saudi "allies" We'll get our bases out of there and they can go about giving financial aid and support to al qaeda and other terrorist organizatinos. Saudi bastards

andyfox
06-02-2003, 12:18 PM
Noam Chomsky said exactly the same thing on C-Span yesterday. He must be a member of the Blame the Saudis First crowd, since he's been saying this for many years now.

MMMMMM
06-02-2003, 11:27 PM
Not quite parallel, but it's great he said it.

Now if he'd thoroughly trash the Communist regimes as he ought to, I'd have far less gripe about him.

A few books by Chomsky trashing Communism and its historical effects, and the current Communist regimes and their policies, are long overdue. Maybe then impressionable college students wouldn't get the erroneous and inverted idea that the U.S. (rather than China and the U.S.S.R.) has done the most harm to humanity.