PDA

View Full Version : Presents

02-26-2002, 01:06 PM
It was my wife's birthday on Feb. 15. I got away with installing a utility sink in the laundry room and presenting her with her very own 20th Anniversary edition of Caddyshack for her b-day/valentine present. She was laughing harder than I was when we watched it. I always thought "Spaulding" was "Spauldy". I bet her $20 and lost. Anybody got any ideas for an anniversary gift? I am leaning towards giving her a box of flavored rubbers.

02-26-2002, 01:40 PM
If your wife let you get away with a sink and a videotape you have an understanding wife. My wife's birthday is right by Valentine's day too. I got away with jewelry and roses and cards. My advice is always get jewelry that costs too much. Women like that. I would not have pushed my luck with a sink and a videotape.

02-26-2002, 02:01 PM
Always send flowers to your wife at her office (if she works outside the home) This way the other women get jealous and that makes your wife feel better. I hit the grand slam once on our anniversary where I had flowers sent. The delivery guy marched back in the office and one secretary's eyes lit up and she got all excited. The delivery guy asked if she was HDPW, but she said no. So he asked where HDPW was and delivered the flowers to her. You see, that secretary shares the same anniversary as ours. So now she was both jealous and mad and about to cry and her husband was in big trouble. So my wife got extra satisfaction in feeling so bad for the jealous secretary crying in the corner and getting the regular envy from everybody else. I did good on that one.

02-26-2002, 02:26 PM

02-26-2002, 02:28 PM
damn, i dont know who sounds more pathetic...you or your wife

02-26-2002, 02:40 PM
Desire, perhaps the sarcasm or humor didn't show through well enough to you. Both my posts were, like, kinda tongue-in-cheek. Except my wife does like jewelery better than sinks. But lighten up a little.

02-26-2002, 04:23 PM
Hee hee. It'd be like a slurpee. If I tried it, I'd have my head handed to me (pun intended). She's going on a cruise with her mom in May while I stay back and take care of her dad, so that should make up for some, unless he dies while their gone. Hmmm...this could really blow up in my face.

02-26-2002, 05:05 PM

02-26-2002, 05:08 PM