PDA

View Full Version : Checking behind on the flop with AA

Sponger15SB
10-16-2005, 12:15 AM
$200nl 6max, I've got $111 cause I don't have the roll to buy in full. Opponent is 75vpip/11pfr after 70 hands.

Villian limps UTG, folded to me, I raise to $8 with AA, folded to Villian who calls.

Flop is Q 7 3r
Villian checks extremely quickly and I decide to check behind.

Does anyone do this? My opponent probably has nothing, and he was reasonably agressive. Should I check to hope he bets into me with nothing or is this incredibly stupid and I should just STFU and bet the flop already.

kongo_totte
10-16-2005, 12:25 AM
You bet, to get it all in vs. his K Qo. Or to get him to check-raise your "missed overs" with air. But of course you know all this.

Sponger15SB
10-16-2005, 12:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
But of course you know all this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course, but this felt different because the check was so quick.

Isura
10-16-2005, 01:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I've got $111 cause I don't have the roll to buy in full.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ewww, don't do this.

With these stacks, you should bet the flop. Did you have a read regarding his postflop tendencies? Because I would only do this against an overagressive opponent who will bluff bot the turn and river, and might also check/raise bluff to blow me off the hand.

10-16-2005, 02:24 AM
i would bet since that's what villan expects you to do. remember, he's reasonably aggressive. he may think you missed with A-K and check raise you with pocket jacks. He may even be a loose enough caller to call your pre flop raise with K-Qo and check raise you on the flop. it's all on your read. by checking the flop back, he may move in on the 4th to really make you make a decision. and, since you didn't bet the flop, it makes it that much tougher to put him on a hand

snappo
10-16-2005, 03:22 AM
with the short stack i want to get allin and so pot control doesn't matter anymore. the main reason to check the flop would be to get a bet from him on the turn where he would otherwise fold the flop. i would bet half the pot and probably shove to a big raise. vs a small raise i might call then check/call a safe turn. you should probably check the flop every now and then like 1/4 of the time or so.

10-16-2005, 04:04 AM
The only time I ever like checking with AA is on a paired, rainbow board. Maybe a paired two-tone board, if I have the relevent Ace