PDA

View Full Version : What are your 3 biggest fears/phobias?

Xelent
10-15-2005, 11:39 PM
For example: Public speaking, going to the dentist, dying, etc. What are your three biggest fears/phobias? And yes, contrary to popular belief, not all phobias are fears.

STLantny
10-15-2005, 11:40 PM
The only thing that realyl bothers me is climbing up high places, like a roof. Once im up there Im fine, its getting off/on the ladder that scares me.

gildwulf
10-15-2005, 11:41 PM
1. Variance
2. Cheating on my girlfriend
3. Dying

[censored]
10-15-2005, 11:42 PM
Needles, Rat and Roaches.

Matt Williams
10-15-2005, 11:47 PM
1. Worms. I [censored] hate 'em. I've seen bears in the wild and it doesn't faze me. Put me near a worm and I run like a pussy.
2. Public speaking. I am much better one on one.
3. Drowning. I like water and go swimming, but I am scared to death of drowning.

Xelent
10-15-2005, 11:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1. Variance
3. Dying

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you elaborate on your second one? Do you mean you are afriad you will be tempted to cheat on her and don't want to?

10-15-2005, 11:48 PM
Bees, heights, and getting pregnant before I choose to be.

Xelent
10-15-2005, 11:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Does this make you take more caution when having sex? Would you get an abortion if you got pregnant too early?

bravos1
10-15-2005, 11:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1. Variance
3. Dying

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you elaborate on your second one? Do you mean you are afriad you will be tempted to cheat on her and don't want to?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe she is related to Loreanna Bobbit (sp?)/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

10-15-2005, 11:51 PM
Right now I can only think of one. [censored]'s avatar.

(brrrrrrr. shiver. chills.) Creepy comes to mind.

10-15-2005, 11:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Does this make you take more caution when having sex? Would you get an abortion if you got pregnant too early?

[/ QUOTE ]

For the first one--yes.

For the second--probably not, though I'm not a pro-lifer. I'm pro-choice, but I don't believe it to be a valid form of birth control, considering all of the methods available today. I don't think abortion is the right choice for me (I've heard some horror stories about it). Then again, I've never beed faced with an early, unplanned pregnancy. Things might look different if it actually happened.

gildwulf
10-15-2005, 11:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1. Variance
3. Dying

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes

gildwulf
10-15-2005, 11:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

For the first one--yes.

For the second--probably not, though I'm not a pro-lifer. I'm pro-choice, but I don't believe it to be a valid form of birth control, considering all of the methods available today. I don't think abortion is the right choice for me (I've heard some horror stories about it). Then again, I've never beed faced with an early, unplanned pregnancy. Things might look different if it actually happened.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does this mean no unprotected sex in treetops with bees nests?

webgator
10-16-2005, 12:01 AM
1. Dying, though I've cheated death 3 times now
2. Losing my wife and kids
3. Life as we know it ending and I'm around to witness it

STLantny
10-16-2005, 12:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

your number 3, is the opposite of my worst fear. I think it would be cool to have some uber event change things as we know it

10-16-2005, 12:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be a correct assumption.

That doesn't seem too safe in the first place, anyway. :P

STLantny
10-16-2005, 12:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Prude.

gildwulf
10-16-2005, 12:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, I guess it's a bad idea to have unprotected sex.

Xelent
10-16-2005, 12:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you more afraid of dying yourself than your family? Would you give up your life to protect your wife and children?

10-16-2005, 12:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Prude.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gee, thanks.

mason55
10-16-2005, 12:12 AM
Carnies...

Small hands. Smell like cabbage.

Matt Williams
10-16-2005, 12:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

your number 3, is the opposite of my worst fear. I think it would be cool to have some uber event change things as we know it

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm the same way. I think it would be awesome to survive a an asteroid strike that kills 99.9% of the planet even it meant dying in 2 weeks. Just to witness something like that.

webgator
Are you more afraid of dying yourself than your family? Yes, primarily dying and not seeing my kids grow up.

Would you give up your life to protect your wife and children? If in a hostage like situation and given the option, then only after I knew they were safe, otherwise it would be pointless. If they were being attacked and it came down to me dying in their defense then so be it...this would be pure instinct.

gildwulf
[ QUOTE ]
Carnies...

Small hands. Smell like cabbage.

[/ QUOTE ]

Too easy.

mason55
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I get really really angry knowing about all the cool stuff that's going to happen after I die /images/graemlins/mad.gif

peachy
10-16-2005, 12:16 AM
i really dont have any that i cant handle....but since ill get ripped apart of this ill half way make up 2

i dont LOVE snakes but after a second of OMG! i usually get something and kill it lol

the only other thing is if i think on death for too long...cause i get anxious and feel like i need to do more and that this one life isnt enough...but then i remember i believe in multiple lifes and im fine LOL

[censored]
10-16-2005, 12:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

These suck, they read like a filmy's guide to fears & phobias.

Xelent
What if life changing as we know it was for the worse, much worse? For example, nuclear war breaks out and we lose WWIII and we all become slaves for terrorists that whip us every day.

imported_anacardo
1) Dreary forced routine.
2) ...Sea life. Delicious dead, horrifying alive.
3) Depending on the time of day, I have an awful dread of dealing with strangers. If it's before noon, I ain't answering my phone.

gildwulf
10-16-2005, 12:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
cause i get anxious and feel like i need to do more and that this one life isnt enough

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you consider this a regret?

webgator
10-16-2005, 12:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

All of these revolve around fear of the unknown...is this really it, just one shot at this, why, and if so what a sick effin joke!

Xelent
[ QUOTE ]
i really dont have any that i cant handle....but since ill get ripped apart of this ill half way make up 2

i dont LOVE snakes but after a second of OMG! i usually get something and kill it lol

the only other thing is if i think on death for too long...cause i get anxious and feel like i need to do more and that this one life isnt enough...but then i remember i believe in multiple lifes and im fine LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't even know where to begin...

peachy
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
cause i get anxious and feel like i need to do more and that this one life isnt enough

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah figured that was coming...and nope...b/c i do more than most people ever will in two or three lifetimes in one...yes im full of myself here...get over it...so absolutely no regrets...im just an overacheiever (sp?)

STLantny
10-16-2005, 12:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont. Please dont encourage her.

webgator
10-16-2005, 12:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well put it this way, this all started when I was about 10 and read in these Time-Life books my dad bought me that someday the Earth would be engulfed by the sun when it goes supernova. My stomach instantly churned, I felt light headed and almost hurled. I get this same feeling still today when I think about any on my list.

peachy
10-16-2005, 12:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

everyone else can say what they think/feel but not me?? i luv it

gildwulf
10-16-2005, 12:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah figured that was coming...and nope...b/c i do more than most people ever will in two or three lifetimes in one...yes im full of myself here...get over it...so absolutely no regrets...im just an overacheiever (sp?)

[/ QUOTE ]

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b305/gildwulf/snake.jpg

peachy
10-16-2005, 12:30 AM
the fact u people put any time into doing drawings about me is just so sweet...its a wonder u cant find better use for ur time

Matt Williams
10-16-2005, 12:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well put it this way, this all started when I was about 10 and read in these Time-Life books my dad bought me that someday the Earth would be engulfed by the sun when it goes supernova. My stomach instantly churned, I felt light headed and almost hurled. I get this same feeling still today when I think about any on my list.

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember those books! I thought that was awesome. Especially the part showing the Earth having a ring, and then later on when the whole planet was covered in lava. I thought it kicked ass!

Matt Williams
10-16-2005, 12:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
the fact u people put any time into doing drawings about me is just so sweet...its a wonder u cant find better use for ur time

[/ QUOTE ]

Look on the bright side. At least it wasn't a picture of a naked guy showing his umm... well... snake.

webgator
10-16-2005, 12:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I remember those books!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ironically I still have them in a box in the garage...

10-16-2005, 12:33 AM
Nice one!

PokerBob
10-16-2005, 12:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

women are to be seen, not heard.

peachy
10-16-2005, 12:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Look on the bright side. At least it wasn't a picture of a naked guy showing his umm... well... snake.

[/ QUOTE ]

that at least woulda been more entertaining!

10-16-2005, 12:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope you mean only the annoying ones.

Matt Williams
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that at least woulda been more entertaining!

[/ QUOTE ]
True! And not as scary either!

peachy
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so GORIE doesnt count as a girl??

STLantny
10-16-2005, 12:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope you mean only the annoying ones.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha...BURN

gildwulf
10-16-2005, 12:37 AM
I have no regrets about this thread getting hijacked.

imported_anacardo
10-16-2005, 12:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, c'mon. The Mike Davis Diagram was both gentle good fun and awesome.

Why you gotta be like that, baby? /images/graemlins/frown.gif

peachy
10-16-2005, 12:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

uumm i didnt hijack it thx....people with thier dicks constantly obsessed with me hijacked it...i simply gave my opinion and input to the topic

Xelent
10-16-2005, 12:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

10-16-2005, 12:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

uumm i didnt hijack it thx....people with thier dicks constantly obsessed with me hijacked it...i simply gave my opinion and input to the topic

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't give yourself too much credit, honey.

STLantny
10-16-2005, 12:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are going to fit right in christchex...

peachy
10-16-2005, 12:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont have to...everytime they do this they give me the credit...u guys wanna label me as something ill glady begin playing the part

gildwulf
10-16-2005, 12:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I keep telling my dick to stop obsessing about you, I really do...but you know dicks, they've got minds of their own.

OMG SNAKE!

10-16-2005, 12:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont have to...everytime they do this they give me the credit...u guys wanna label me as something ill glady begin playing the part

[/ QUOTE ]

I can think of a few words, starting with "annoying." But I think you've already got that down.

HopeydaFish
10-16-2005, 12:47 AM
Fears:

1) Going blind.
2) Dying, more accurately, having something happen to me where I know that I'm about to die and there's nothing I can do about it.
3) Becoming paralyzed.

Phobias:

1) Drowning. I came within inches of drowning a few years ago, and I discovered that it's definitely not a pleasant way to die.
2) Crowded rooms -- especially if I don't know anybody.
3) Being held down so that I can't move. Add "and being tickled" and you have my idea of hell.

[censored]
10-16-2005, 12:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can think of a few words, starting with "annoying." But I think you've already got that down.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really want to bother with these things but allow me to point out the obvious.

You've been here 8 days you don't know [censored]. All you are is typical internet girl stereo type who thinks attacking one of her own and joining the masses is best way to get noticed and accepted by all the boys. You strike me as incredibly weak, unoriginal, uninteresting and pathetic.

webgator
10-16-2005, 12:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

See, there's three kinds of people: dicks, pussies, and assholes. Pussies think everyone can get along, and dicks just want to f#$% all the time without thinking it through. But then you got your assholes. And all the assholes want us to sh&t all over everything! So, pussies may get mad at dicks once in a while, because pussies get f#$%ed by dicks. But dicks also f#$% assholes. And if they didn't f#$% the assholes, you know what you'd get? You'd get your dick and your pussy all covered in sh&t!

imported_anacardo
10-16-2005, 12:50 AM
Better back off, sugar. I don't think you know quite what you're getting yourself into. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

imported_anacardo
10-16-2005, 12:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really want to bother with these things but allow me to point out the obvious.

You've been here 8 days you don't know [censored]. All you are is typical internet girl stereo type who thinks attacking one of her own and joining the masses is best way to get noticed and accepted by all the boys. You strike me as incredibly weak, unoriginal, uninteresting and pathetic.

[/ QUOTE ]

HOT DAMN HOW ON POINT IS THIS GUY?

CENSORED
CENSORED
CENSORED

gildwulf
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

See, there's three kinds of people: dicks, pussies, and assholes. Pussies think everyone can get along, and dicks just want to f#$% all the time without thinking it through. But then you got your assholes. And all the assholes want us to [censored] all over everything! So, pussies may get mad at dicks once in a while, because pussies get f#$%ed by dicks. But dicks also f#$% assholes. And if they didn't f#$% the assholes, you know what you'd get? You'd get your dick and your pussy all covered in sh&t!

[/ QUOTE ]

NH

peachy
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

its a girl??? how did i miss that? if its sayin im annoying its gotta be a poster thats already been here which means 99.9% chance its NOT a girl

mslif
10-16-2005, 12:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

its a girl??? how did i miss that? if its sayin im annoying its gotta be a poster thats already been here which means 99.9% chance its NOT a girl

[/ QUOTE ]

She said her biggest fear was unplanned pregancy...

imported_anacardo
10-16-2005, 12:53 AM
I found drowning to be really pleasant, actually. Frighteningly so. "Holy [censored], I'm going down and loving it! Put it in gear, 'Cardo!"

peachy
10-16-2005, 12:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

musta missed that...guess if i had seen it it could be assumed he was worried about gettin his sister pregnant

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"Annoying" to me is someone who can't spell out words and uses AOL-speak like "u" instead of "you." If you claim that to be incredibly weak, unoriginal, uninteresting, and pathetic, that's your prerogative. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

New001
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It shouldn't take that long. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

peachy
10-16-2005, 12:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I found drowning to be really pleasant, actually. Frighteningly so. "Holy [censored], I'm going down and loving it! Put it in gear, 'Cardo!"

[/ QUOTE ]

id be more worried about buring than drowning

STLantny
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ive always thought, that if i knew i was going to drown, and there was no way out...id say [censored] it, an just start inhaling...

mslif
My biggest fears/phobias:

snakes (I actually passed out the last time I saw one)
Being tied up
Burning

peachy
10-16-2005, 12:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"Annoying" to me is someone who can't spell out words and uses AOL-speak like "u" instead of "you." If you claim that to be incredibly weak, unoriginal, uninteresting, and pathetic, that's your prerogative. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

darling...its not "AOL" speak- like...its called i write alot of shorthand and on here...thats shorthand for me...thx for caring...come again

HopeydaFish
10-16-2005, 12:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, come to think of it, there are probably few things as horrible as burning to death. I'll add it to my list. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Punker
10-16-2005, 12:59 AM
1. Being eaten alive, specifically by sharks. I saw Jaws too young. Way too young.

2. Going to jail and being someone's bitch.

3. Getting Alzheimers.

HopeydaFish
10-16-2005, 01:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ive always thought, that if i knew i was going to drown, and there was no way out...id say [censored] it, an just start inhaling...

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem is that it's hard to accept the fact that you're definitely going to drown...you fight right until the end. You're suffocating to death...which is unbelievably horrible.

peachy
10-16-2005, 01:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem is that it's hard to accept the fact that you're definitely going to drown...you fight right until the end. You're suffocating to death...which is unbelievably horrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

but its quicker and alot less painful than many other things...u panic like a mofo at 1st...but its fast...no matter what the situation is and how long u can "normally" hold ur breath...when u panic that times cut in half if not less... so even for those 3 minute guys out there...its not that long /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Matt Williams
10-16-2005, 01:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

musta missed that...guess if i had seen it it could be assumed he was worried about gettin his sister pregnant

[/ QUOTE ]
Hahah! Nice one!

gorie
10-16-2005, 01:09 AM
i'm pretty much afraid of everything.

HopeydaFish
10-16-2005, 01:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My drowning experience was nothing like that. I was held underwater for over a minute in a hydraulic after our raft tipped over while whitewater rafing. I only popped out of the hydraulic after I had used up all of my energy trying to swim to the surface, had completely run out of air, and was certain I was about to die. Once I went limp and half-passed out, the hydraulic spit me out. I had nightmares about drowing for months afterwards.

B Dids
10-16-2005, 01:13 AM
Flying.

Heights, specifically anytime I can look down and see that I'm a hell of a long way from the earth.

Currently- driving too. Since I started taking the bus I'm never in cars and now that I can't shake this feeling that when I'm in a car on the freeway that traffic is just going to freeze and I'll be in some horrible accident.

gorie
10-16-2005, 01:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My drowning experience was nothing like that. I was held underwater for over a minute in a hydraulic after our raft tipped over while whitewater rafing. I only popped out of the hydraulic after I had used up all of my energy trying to swim to the surface, had completely run out of air, and was certain I was about to die. Once I went limp and half-passed out, the hydraulic spit me out. I had nightmares about drowing for months afterwards.

[/ QUOTE ]
wow, that is scary. i know exactly what you mean (not from drowning, but being certain you are dying) and the nightmares. i can imagine how terrible this was.

HopeydaFish
10-16-2005, 01:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]

but its quicker and alot less painful than many other things...u panic like a mofo at 1st...but its fast...no matter what the situation is and how long u can "normally" hold ur breath...when u panic that times cut in half if not less... so even for those 3 minute guys out there...its not that long /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd still take "dying in my sleep" over drowning, any day.

1 1/2 - 3 minutes might not seem like that long...but time it out with a stopwatch. It's not exactly the blink of an eye. Now imagine you can't breathe for that whole period, and as soon as you do try to breathe you're going to get lungful of water and choke and die. There are much quicker and less scary ways to die.

Matt Williams
10-16-2005, 01:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
wow, that is scary. i know exactly what you mean (not from drowning, but being certain you are dying) and the nightmares. i can imagine how terrible this was.

[/ QUOTE ]

A little off topic, but when my mom died, I had nightmares of the devil visiting me and laughing at me. Kept me up half the damn night. Nightmares suck. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

HopeydaFish
10-16-2005, 01:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There was a silver lining, though. Coming so close to death really affected me and put things in perspective. It helped convince me to make changes in my life for the better. A short time later, I quit my job (that I totally hated), and went back to school.

Xelent
10-16-2005, 01:24 AM
Drowning is incredibly painful and scary. When your lungs fill with water, your body starts freaking out and I have heard your vital signs can continue even if weak for 8-12 minutes after the start of drowning.

When my raft flipped in a class 5 rapid, I immediatly choked on water because I was breathing heavily entering the water. I got stuck under another raft which was trapped on the only way down. It was very painful and I was only under water for maybe 20-30 seconds.

Just make sure you hold your breath before you enter water at high speeds.

diebitter
10-16-2005, 01:25 AM
1. Any of my children dying or being lost
2. heights
3. losing my internet connection

HopeydaFish
10-16-2005, 01:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]

A little off topic, but when my mom died, I had nightmares of the devil visiting me and laughing at me. Kept me up half the damn night. Nightmares suck. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Argh...that's horrible.

Jeff W
10-16-2005, 01:43 AM
I used to have a wierd phobia which I think I've got conquered now-I used to be afraid that I would fall through cracks between bleachers rows, open storm drains, etc...

HopeydaFish
10-16-2005, 01:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Just make sure you hold your breath before you enter water at high speeds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I'd already swallowed half the river before I got sucked underwater, and it happened so quick that I didn't have time to take a breath. Once I was back on shore I spent the next 30 minutes violently puking up everything I'd swallowed. All in all it was a pretty wretched experience.

Xelent
10-16-2005, 01:53 AM
Interestingly enough, after I was fine and alive, that was the most fun thing that happened on the trip. Whatever doesn't kill me makes me stronger!

I'm having flashbacks to that day, ahhh, good times. The raft ahead of us got stuck inbetween 2 rocks at a small 5 foot drop point, and was sideways, blocking the only pass through. By the time we saw they were stuck it was too late as we had already started our pass at the rapid. Our plan was to bump into the raft, but we hit a giant ass rock at really high speeds and immediatly our raft started climbing it. We had a guide and 4 others in the boat. The guide immediatly said "we are [censored]!" and abandoned ship by jumping onto the other raft. Our raft was completely vertical now and we were all just holding on for our lives. I couldn't hold on much longer and fell off leading to my previous story. The other raft grabbed me from underneath and pulled me in.

Good...times...

peachy
10-16-2005, 02:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd still take "dying in my sleep" over drowning, any day.

1 1/2 - 3 minutes might not seem like that long...but time it out with a stopwatch. It's not exactly the blink of an eye. Now imagine you can't breathe for that whole period, and as soon as you do try to breathe you're going to get lungful of water and choke and die. There are much quicker and less scary ways to die.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i know it seems like alot longer but when u panic under water most people suck in water....like when i was held underwater i started sucking in water pretty soon after which cuts my time down to nothing /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

fluorescenthippo
10-16-2005, 04:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
1. Variance
3. Dying

[/ QUOTE ]

wow.this is exactly how i feel.

Weatherhead03
10-16-2005, 04:32 AM
Bugs

Blarg
10-16-2005, 05:13 AM
Heights, spiders, and I'm really not sure of the next one. Maybe public speaking? Although I'm not all that afraid of that and usually do pretty well at it. Oh yeah, having to ask for favors, that must be the third one. I hate doing that or feeling like I have to. Makes me extremely uncomfortable. Often I find it extremely trying to ask for even the most trivial consideration, or accept it when offered.

Blarg
10-16-2005, 05:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I give her automatic points for spirit.

mmbt0ne
10-16-2005, 05:23 AM
Heights
Going the rest of the way deaf
Bats (http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=2401299&page=0&fpart=all &vc=1)

Blarg
10-16-2005, 05:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
1. Being eaten alive, specifically by sharks. I saw Jaws too young. Way too young.

2. Going to jail and being someone's bitch.

3. Getting Alzheimers.

[/ QUOTE ]

These are very good.

I was kind of thinking of fears as something that had a real likely chance of affecting someone anytime real soon or that they got a chill thinking about. These sound more like long-range life disappointments or something that may easily never happen even once. Now, coming into contact with a nasty bug or something, that I could see happening any second to anybody.

Blarg
10-16-2005, 05:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i'm pretty much afraid of everything.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ozzie said that too.

Blarg
10-16-2005, 05:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've come close to drowning a couple of times. I remember it being terrifying, super hard body-wracking convulsions, a massive headache both during and afterwards, sore sinuses and lungs from the strain and the salt that the saltwater put on them and forced into them under pressure of convulsion, and once throwing up afterwards from the incredible strain those convulsions put on my stomach, and having bright red eyes for a long time from the busted capillaries. It wasn't pleasant, and the time didn't seem short. And that's when you live. I don't think prolonging it would have made it any less painful and terrifying. Pleasant, it wasn't.

GuyOnTilt
10-16-2005, 05:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
myself

[/ QUOTE ]
You should get back in character before you give yourself away.

GoT

Fabian
10-16-2005, 05:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
but then i remember i believe in multiple lifes and im fine LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

Very funny.

lastsamurai
10-16-2005, 06:13 AM
Getting an ugly bitch knocked up.

Weatherhead03
10-16-2005, 06:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

10-16-2005, 06:52 AM
1) Death
2) Heights
3) ---

Yeti
10-16-2005, 08:12 AM
1) Getting badly beaten up.
2) Getting jailed.
3) Being unhappy.

Exitonly
10-16-2005, 08:20 AM
1. Public Speaking
2. Public Speaking
3. Feeling like People are staring at me.

jakethebake
10-16-2005, 09:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've watched someone be purposely drowned. It was not pleasant to watch, and he was not enjoying himself. Actually they just held him under until his lungs filled up with water and he passed out then they brought him back. I don't know if this is technically completely drowning. Either way it wasn't pleasnt for him.

Evan
10-16-2005, 10:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
like when i was held underwater

[/ QUOTE ]
peachy, you're fantastic. You seem to be conveniently an expert in any field discussed in OOT--even dying!

Evan
10-16-2005, 10:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
myself

[/ QUOTE ]

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]
OH MAH GAWD S3R10U5LY!!!!!!

Toro
10-16-2005, 10:21 AM
Rats and heights. So Kilgore brings out his pet rats yesterday to throw off my game.

man
10-16-2005, 10:49 AM
in no particular order.

1. falling asleep. I hate the feeling of letting go of my conciousness. sleep is a psychotic episode, and on some level I'm afraid of going insane and staying insane. this is a phobia, this fear is not rational.

2. never finding a woman. this is accentuated by recent events (I'm 0 for 4 in the last six weeks).

3. dying. no elaboration required.

Xelent
10-16-2005, 10:51 AM
Jeez, if I was afraid of falling asleep I would have to kill myself.

jakethebake
10-16-2005, 10:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Jeez, if I was afraid of falling asleep I would have to kill myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's afraid of death though.

LeatherFace
10-16-2005, 11:00 AM
spending three minutes in a cs gas chamber

jakethebake
10-16-2005, 11:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

3 minutes is a joke.

LeatherFace
10-16-2005, 11:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

3 minutes is a joke.

[/ QUOTE ]

your MOMS a joke!

lem45216
10-16-2005, 11:07 AM
Wasps
Death
Paralysis

jakethebake
10-16-2005, 11:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

3 minutes is a joke.

[/ QUOTE ]

your MOMS a joke!

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but so is 3 minutes. I used to do the gas chamber once a month or so with the recruits. The coolest part was how in every series, there would be like one kid that was just in there sucking the stuff in like it was plain air. No effect whatsoever. Then of course when they'd all come out with what appeared to be about a coffee cup's worth of snot running out of their faces. I've got some great pictures of kids with trails of snot running from their nose to the ground and just trailing behind them. I was always amazed at how quickly the human body could create snot.

SCfuji
10-16-2005, 11:24 AM
1) sharks
2) dying - specifically by being in a fire or in a plane plunging into the ocean and drowning
3) being rejected by women

peachy
10-16-2005, 08:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
myself

[/ QUOTE ]

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

har har

peachy
10-16-2005, 08:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
like when i was held underwater

[/ QUOTE ]
peachy, you're fantastic. You seem to be conveniently an expert in any field discussed in OOT--even dying!

[/ QUOTE ]

evan...dont be a dick...i was held under water as a child by another child b/c i wouldnt do something he wanted...this happens to alot of kids. I paniced and sucked in too much water...he let me back up for a second i gasped and he pushed me back down and more water came in...i didnt drown...never said i did. I paniced and alot of water came in...when i was finally let up it hurt really really bad and i coughed up everything...my lungs hurt for a few days.

otherwise...sorry ive actually done things with and in my life...maybe if more of u tried it u wouldnt be so miserable and condesending

KKbluff
10-17-2005, 01:12 AM
1. Driving away from the gas station with the hose still in.
2. Being brutally tortured till death
3. Being eaten alive

Evan
10-17-2005, 12:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i was held under water as a child by another child b/c i wouldnt do something he wanted...I paniced and sucked in too much water...he let me back up for a second i gasped and he pushed me back down and more water came in

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
this happens to alot of kids

[/ QUOTE ]
To steal a line from George Carlin, "Yea, I remember hearing about this in old news reels from the late 1930's--except it was hard to understand because THEY WERE IN GERMAN!"

News flash, this happens to very few kids.

BottlesOf
10-17-2005, 12:21 PM
This little subthread has been HYSTERICAL! But Evan, I'm having trouble seeing how the Carlin quote fits in with the rest of your post/sub-thread?

lorinda
10-17-2005, 12:23 PM
1. Being Banned from OOT
2. Being Voted off OOT
3. Being forced to post on OOT.

Lori

Blarg
10-17-2005, 12:25 PM
Lost me, too.

WDC
10-17-2005, 12:29 PM
Bats, snakes and rats lkadders and roller coasters would come in higher but I can avoid them by choice)

imported_The Vibesman
10-17-2005, 12:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1. Driving away from the gas station with the hose still in.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is completely harmless. Modern gas pumps are equipped with "breakaway" hose joints, so if you attempt to drive off with it, it will snap off the pump without spilling any gasoline. It's nothing to be afraid of, especially in comparison with

[ QUOTE ]
2. Being brutally tortured till death
3. Being eaten alive

[/ QUOTE ]

Forgive me if my sarcasm meter is broken.

MasterShakes
10-17-2005, 01:26 PM
1) Monsters
2) Goblins
3) Vampires

swede123
10-17-2005, 01:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1) Monsters
2) Goblins
3) Vampires

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, Vampires are far worse than Goblins. I'd swap 2 and 3 right away, and pick up some more garlic at the grocery store.

Swede

Xelent
10-18-2005, 03:44 AM
No way, at least you get to have sex with a hot vampire chick before she bites you. And after that you get to come back and seduce many a lady and bite them while boning them. That would be a great way to die.

MasterShakes
10-18-2005, 03:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1) Monsters
2) Goblins
3) Vampires

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, Vampires are far worse than Goblins. I'd swap 2 and 3 right away, and pick up some more garlic at the grocery store.

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I know what I'm afraid of and not afraid of... thank you very much.