PDA

View Full Version : Jumping tables during a session...

ChuckyB
10-15-2005, 10:43 PM
If you're playing one table at a time for a session, how do you decide what table and then when to jump to another table?

I'm at PP 1/2 6-max these days. When I log on I look for the game with the highest average pot, either join it or get on the waiting list, then find the highest avg. pot game I can that's open and sit down.

If I have at least two fish at my table, and the money is being thrown around, I'll stay until their sphincters tighten up. If the fish leave, I start looking for another table.

If I'm at a table and there aren't enough people seeing too many flops, I'm out (whether I'm up or down).

Anything else I could be doing? Anything I should do different?

numeri
10-15-2005, 11:13 PM
Personally, I go for lower average pots. The higher average pots usually have a couple very aggressive players, against whom I suck. Generally I'm looking for a couple LPPs at a table, regardless of who else is there. If the LPP leaves, I'm out.

lautzutao
10-15-2005, 11:29 PM
I usually leave when the two loosest players depart and they're not filled by other loose players. Then it's time to head for greener pastures

VoraciousReader
10-16-2005, 12:15 AM
Logging on, I look for high vpip and pot size. After I choose a table, I continue to monitor the lobby for better tables...and if I get lucky, a recognizable name or two. (One advantage to playing a smaller site...)

I especially try to stay aware of who's running out of money. If the worst player at the table is about to go broke, time to open another and start looking for a good seat.

There are a lot of people who advocate choosing your seat instead of your table, and I think they're right...I've been sitting to the immediate right of one particular LAG off and on for a couple of days. That is fun!

deception5
10-16-2005, 12:54 AM
I play almost exclusively 6-max, so these guidelines are geared towards that.

I want at least one player who is 35%+ vp$ip and I'd like them to my immediate right or 2 to my right. I'd prefer at least 2 such players. I'd also like the person on my left to not be a lag. If there's someone over 50% vp$ip who is reasonably passive in any seat at the table I'll stay unless the rest of the table is extremely aggressive.

Overall I'd like a table with 5% pfr or less if possible and I'll consider leaving one that has 15% or more (although it depends why it's so aggressive). It's pretty rare for me to leave a table though unless it's absolutely terrible as I think it's good experience to learn to play at any table.