PDA

View Full Version : A marginal spot

suited_ace
10-15-2005, 10:08 PM
Now that I get ABC poker quite well, I've been getting myself into a few marginal spots, mainly from the blinds, button & co.

I'll be posting a few of those, commenting my play. Let's see what you guys think...

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Button (t1820)
Hero (t1215)
BB (t1065)
UTG (t690)
UTG+1 (t1410)
MP1 (t525)
MP2 (t650)
CO (t625)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, CO calls t100, Button calls t100, Hero completes, BB checks.

<font color="green">If the BB doesn't try anything fancy, I'm getting 7 to 1, so it's more than enough to limp and take a look at a flop.</font>

Flop: (t400) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>

<font color="green">Good looking flop for me. I don't feel like betting out against 3 opponents, though. My main concerns are a flopped straight, set or someone w/ a 4-flush and/or OESD. With all these players in the pot, I don't think any of the hands that have me beat are going to slowplay or underbet the pot in this spot, so I'm going over the top of anyone that bets less than 200 here.</font>

Hero checks, BB checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets t125</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t1115 (All-In)</font>

ferb
10-15-2005, 11:30 PM
I almost always fold this pf. though id be curious to see what others think.

xileh
10-15-2005, 11:39 PM
I fold preflop, but if I was to complete here, I like your line.

10-15-2005, 11:42 PM
Me likey /images/graemlins/smile.gif

He's getting 7:1 and he seems confident in his post-flop play, go for it.

SuitedSixes
10-16-2005, 01:28 PM
If you're gonna play it, that's a good way to play TPGK. In my experience, you are going to be called by the draws (even at the incorrect price), so it is a good practice in the Fundamental Theory.

tigerite
10-16-2005, 01:32 PM
I prefer the line of calling, then shoving any non-ace, non-diamond turn.

Bigwig
10-16-2005, 02:09 PM
I think you played this perfectly. You are most certainly getting the odds to complete here with your stack and K9o. And, going for the check raise all-in is the better play than betting out. You get slightly more fold equity (unless someone gets fancy and shoves), you get to see if more than one player likes their hand, and you don't have to see a scary turn if you bet and are called. So many cards (any paint but a K, any diamond, potential straight) could make things iffy. Well done. If you lost, you lost.

SuitedSixes
10-16-2005, 02:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What price are you giving the draws by playing it that way?

suited_ace
10-16-2005, 02:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

These are not the only cards that I don't want to see on the turn. Seeing a 5, an 8, a T, a J or a Q would put me in a not-so-happy-spot too. All in all that's 27 cards that I don't want to see. I don't think I can just call and see the turn.

bigt439
10-16-2005, 02:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

These are not the only cards that I don't want to see on the turn. Seeing a 5, an 8, a T, a J or a Q would put me in a not-so-happy-spot too. All in all that's 27 cards that I don't want to see. I don't think I can just call and see the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like your play alot, but having taken this flop, which I would've done, you're too short to not get allin here. If there is action from two people behind you I would re-evaluate, but no action from any one person could make me dump this hand. I think c/r'ing is the best way to get the money in.

I also think calling and playing the turn depending on the card is gross. You give him infinite odds, and you give yourself many tough decision later. Don't give yourself a chance to fold the best hand in a pot where you have tpgk with 11 bb's.