PDA

View Full Version : KK in co; heavy betting on a ragged flop.

lighterjobs
10-15-2005, 09:19 PM
did I get to passive after the flop? this table was a rock fest but with a lot of blind defending.

Ultimate Bet 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (10 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

River: (13 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 16 BB

felix83
10-15-2005, 09:28 PM
It seems like the SB likely has a set, but I think it's worth a bet on the turn. There aren't any draws out there, so if he 3-bets and the BB calls, I'd fold. Maybe I'm playing this too tight.

W. Deranged
10-15-2005, 10:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It seems like the SB likely has a set, but I think it's worth a bet on the turn. There aren't any draws out there, so if he 3-bets and the BB calls, I'd fold. Maybe I'm playing this too tight.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is the value to raising here when we can reach a showdown for the same two bets and not risk being put in a position to fold the best hand?

I personally think that one pair is usually not going to win this hand and so I don't think we have the equity to raise this for value beyond the turn.

W. Deranged
10-15-2005, 10:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
this table was a rock fest

[/ QUOTE ]

Therein lies much of your answer...

silkyslim
10-15-2005, 10:03 PM
nh

felix83
10-15-2005, 10:03 PM
I was just thinking if this guy is maybe overplaying AQ or something, it would be worth trying to maximize it. But I guess given how he played this he'll more often have the kings beat, so calling it down is better more often. Thanks for making me rethink this.

W. Deranged
10-15-2005, 10:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was just thinking if this guy is maybe overplaying AQ or something, it would be worth trying to maximize it. But I guess given how he played this he'll more often have the kings beat, so calling it down is better more often. Thanks for making me rethink this.

[/ QUOTE ]

How many one pair hands would villain play this aggressively?

felix83
10-15-2005, 10:13 PM
Yea, I guess that's about it. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

I'm still trying to feel out when a calldown is too weak. That's often my natural tendency, so it seems like I'm overcompensating a little these days by betting in too many questionable spots.

Harv72b
10-15-2005, 10:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How many one pair hands would villain play this aggressively?

[/ QUOTE ]

Depending on my opinion of Hero, MP2 (is he the kind of guy a TAG would want to isolate on?), and factoring in position, I'd cap the flop with AQ in SB's place. Of course, depending on the same, I'd 3-bet with it preflop.

I agree, though--there's no draw that SB could be overplaying, and I really don't want to be 3-bet on the turn, so call/call seems best.

lighterjobs
10-16-2005, 02:38 AM
villian's hand in white:
<font color="white">AQ</font>