PDA

View Full Version : Party PLO8 $400 hand II

Wintermute
10-15-2005, 08:54 PM
Same players as other post, do you like the flop action, and would you pot the turn:

$400 PL Omaha Hi/Lo
Seat 5 is the button
Total number of players : 3
Seat 9: Hero ( $767.95 )
Seat 5: Villain ( $58 )
Seat 10: Idiot ( $371.83 )
Hero posts small blind [$2].
Idiot posts big blind [$4].

** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Hero [ 7s Ac 4h 3d ]

Villain raises [$14].
Hero calls [$12].
Idiot calls [$10].

** Dealing Flop ** [ 2s, Th, 5c ]

Hero checks.
Idiot checks.
Villain bets [$41].
Hero raises [$164].
Idiot calls [$164].
Villain is all-In [$3]

** Dealing Turn ** [ 2h ]

Hero ? (about $200 behind in Idiot’s stack)

xorbie
10-16-2005, 08:16 AM
I would check, if he's an idiot he's not gonna bet here with anything but a boat most likely so you get a cheap look at the river.

gergery
10-16-2005, 08:24 AM
why raise the flop? you don't want it heads up with villain -- if you miss you have nothign at all, if you hit you want idiot there. And if he has A3 and is an idiot then he is not folding anyway and if so then he's likely ahead. Idiots also call too much and you are still 2:1 against hitting.

once you got there I check the turn. most people won't fold they've called the flop and certainly no idiots would. hopefully he'll think you are slowplay the 2 and check behind or want to check down vs. all-in.

-g

Wintermute
10-16-2005, 01:43 PM
Yeah I know it's a risky play, but this guy was so bad I was hoping to get him to come along with junk by making it look like I was trying to isolate that short stack. Perhaps that was a misplay... If it was, would you say leading at the flop for the pot is the better move, or just calling the short stack's all-in?

emptyshell
10-16-2005, 07:43 PM
Was this one of those "raise so that you can draw" type of plays?

Check-raising the flop would make more sense if the "Idiot" bet, and if he has the capability to fold a mediocre nut low draw hand. Otherwise, you're just getting a bunch of money in as a likely dog.

Leading at the pot is OK if you'll get calls from A4 or top pair type hands; or if you're up against a tight player who will fold a naked low draw. I guess that includes just about everyone.

Check the turn. Idiot isn't folding; and, unless he has K-high, you aren't leading. He might have something mediocre that won't bet, e.g. 34TK.

gergery
10-16-2005, 09:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah I know it's a risky play, but this guy was so bad I was hoping to get him to come along with junk by making it look like I was trying to isolate that short stack. Perhaps that was a misplay... If it was, would you say leading at the flop for the pot is the better move, or just calling the short stack's all-in?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think just calling shortstacks all in is best. You might get lucky and have it checked around for a free card. And if you do both call shortstacks all-in, he may just check it down since he can't bluff the all-in -- and if he does bet vs. the all-in you can be sure he's not bluffing.

If you lead, then the pot is escalated, and if he has A3xx you are behind.

-g

got0uts
10-17-2005, 12:01 PM
Any normal players who had a set on the flop would have pushed right back if villain potted and shero repotted in SH game.

If you are playing against an idiot, I would had pushed on the turn. You will get idiots to fold sometimes, if not you can still scoop on the river, this is a hand I will gamble on even I was behind but not likely.

Wintermute
10-17-2005, 12:28 PM
I really didn't have much of a plan in this hand. Every once in a while, I get a hand that looks nice and just start shoving chips in there without thinking. This was one of those times. Thanks for the comments though--I think I like just calling the flop and then check-calling the turn.

Anyway, I took a look at that turn card, thought "fcuk that's one bad card for my hand" and potted it. The idiot folded, improbably--I think the flop call might have actually been a misclick, it happened pretty quickly in realtime. Or he had naked low draw, and figured me for TT. The river paired the 5 and Villain took the main pot, I ended up some change on the hand thanks to Idiot's weird fold.