PDA

View Full Version : date night in Seattle, suggestions needed

frostbrn
10-15-2005, 08:40 PM
Ok, so my fiancé and I get about 1 night each month set aside as "date night" where we both take the night away from our normal schedules to go out and enjoy a good night out. So I turn to the 2+2 Seattlites for suggestions for dinner and an activity.

Dinner requirements: She's a vegetarian, I am not, so basically no extreme vegan places, but no carnivore only places. Also, she's already said no to any Italian or Mexican cuisine tonight. Neither of us like seafood (I know we live in the wrong city, I've heard it a miillion times already). Other than that anything goes.

After dinner: If a movie, what is the best to see that is out there. Neither of us has been to the movies in over a month. If not a movie, then what? I love to drink, she can handle a couple drinks, but is not really into the "pioneer square" club scene. Bowling is so/so for both of us, pool is sometimes fun (we used to hang out at the Garage quite a bit), but we're open to anything.

Thanks in advance OOT!

Claunchy
10-15-2005, 09:04 PM
I've never been to Seattle in my life, but if you're marrying a woman, it's fiancée. Fiancé refers to a man.

jakethebake
10-15-2005, 09:09 PM
i thougnt only women referred to fiance's. men just say girlfriend.

frostbrn
10-15-2005, 09:12 PM
my bad, typo on that one I meant "tha beeyotch"

Entity
10-16-2005, 02:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Dinner requirements: She's a vegetarian, I am not, so basically no extreme vegan places, but no carnivore only places. Also, she's already said no to any Italian or Mexican cuisine tonight. Neither of us like seafood (I know we live in the wrong city, I've heard it a miillion times already). Other than that anything goes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Go to Carmelita up on Phinney Ridge. You will both like it.

http://www.carmelita.net/

[ QUOTE ]

After dinner: If a movie, what is the best to see that is out there. Neither of us has been to the movies in over a month. If not a movie, then what? I love to drink, she can handle a couple drinks, but is not really into the "pioneer square" club scene. Bowling is so/so for both of us, pool is sometimes fun (we used to hang out at the Garage quite a bit), but we're open to anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know what movies are out, but I could make a big recommendation for the Majestic Bay theater in Ballard. I think it's playing the Constant Gardener right now which is supposed to be excellent.

Rob

kerrizor
10-17-2005, 03:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Go to Carmelita up on Phinney Ridge. You will both like it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, second person in as many days to recommend this place.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know what movies are out, but I could make a big recommendation for the Majestic Bay theater in Ballard. I think it's playing the Constant Gardener right now which is supposed to be excellent.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you want a "special theatre" I recommend (for the future, given that its now monday morning..) the uber-posh Big Picture [url=http://www.thebigpicture.net/] in Belltown. $9, they show the occasional cool movie that isn't in the theatres, and they have a full bar /images/graemlins/smile.gif

oreogod
10-17-2005, 05:28 AM
http://www.msxnet.org/humour/girls-are-evil.jpg

10-17-2005, 06:47 AM
If it's a sunny day and if you guys aren't against making it a day trip, I'd recommend jumping on the Bainbridge Island ferry and driving 15 min to Poulsbo. It's a very pretty town if you guys like sight seeing.

frostbrn
10-17-2005, 12:26 PM
Thanks for the reccomendations all. We ended up going to a place called theMmediterranean Kitchen (on Queen Anne right next to Bamboo Garden), we tried Carmelita's but they were booked solid for Saturday night. The food was actually quite good, the drink selection was not very appealing at all however. We went to see Proof (Anthony Hopkins, Gwenyth Paltrow, Jake Gyllenhaal) at the downtown Pacific Place AMC and it flat out sucked, even she did not like it that much and she is ape shT over Jake G.

Indiana
10-17-2005, 01:09 PM
Have been to Seattle like 5 times for business. I suggest you take her to the space needle and then down to the harbor for a late night boat ride. Chicks dig that you planned all that stuff.

Indy

stabn
10-17-2005, 04:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the Mediterranean Kitchen

[/ QUOTE ]

There is one in Bellevue as well and my girlfriend absolutely loves it. Nice pick. It's too bad your movie sucked so badly though.

wayabvpar
10-17-2005, 04:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There is one in Bellevue as well and my girlfriend absolutely loves it. Nice pick. It's too bad your movie sucked so badly though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I seem to recall that their neon sign that faces Bellevue Way is misspelled- I think it says "Mediterranian" or something. I noticed it while waiting for my burrito at Casa D's (across the street).

jaydub
10-17-2005, 04:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i thougnt only women referred to fiance's. men just say girlfriend.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not unless they feel like having a huge fight. Fiancee is a huge status upgrade from girlfriend and most women will be quite offended if it is not acknowledged.

stabn
10-17-2005, 04:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I seem to recall that their neon sign that faces Bellevue Way is misspelled- I think it says "Mediterranian" or something. I noticed it while waiting for my burrito at Casa D's (across the street).

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't noticed this but you are probably correct. Casa D's seems much easiser to spell so i can't fault you for going there instead /images/graemlins/wink.gif.