PDA

View Full Version : Need your opinions on a hand: AQo

10-15-2005, 07:53 PM
I was thinking that I should have folded after the reraise, what kind of odds am I getting there? After the turn, should I have called at the chance of a K or overcard? Thanks for your feedback.

Party Poker 0.50/1.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link (http://www.darksun.lunarpages.com/poker/)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP2 folds, Hero calls, BB folds, UTG folds.

Turn: (9.75 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, Hero calls.

River: (12.75 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

milesdyson
10-15-2005, 08:07 PM
fold flop. call turn. fold river. get reads.

10-15-2005, 08:10 PM
On the flop you're given 17.5:2 odds, or nearly 9:1 odds. That isn't enough to continue with AQ here, especially since the flop could be 3-bet and capped. All you have are overcards and one possible backdoor straight draw, so you have maybe 3.5 outs. Fold the flop!

Since you didn't fold the flop... you have the odds to continue on the turn. You're given 11.75:1 odds on the turn, and that's enough just for your gutshot alone.

When you ask "what type of odds am I getting here" are you implying you're not sure how to calculate pot odds yet?

Highn
10-15-2005, 08:10 PM
Reads help, although the pot is huge I'de still be inclined to fold on the flop, I'de be afraid of reverse domination here.

10-15-2005, 08:23 PM
Thanks guys. As for pot odds, I know the concept but when I'm actually doing it, it takes longer than I expect /images/graemlins/frown.gif I guess I just need more practice. Like I felt that on the turn I had the right odds to call but wasn't exactly sure. I just figured my outs were high /images/graemlins/smile.gif

numeri
10-15-2005, 08:39 PM
I just fold the flop. You could be drawing practically dead already. If not, it's too expensive and you're not getting the odds.

In particular, look carefully at this flop. It has no draws that could be pumped. Somebody has a J or 4. If it's a 4, you're screwed. If it's a J, you have maybe 4-5 outs and need ~10:1 odds. Either way, it's a clear fold on the flop.

numeri
10-15-2005, 08:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I just figured my outs were high /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Now that you have time, how many outs do you give yourself on the flop and then on the turn? Do you know the odds you need to draw for the next card? I have some of the key ones memorized, but I keep a little sheet with the odds taped to my monitor because I'm lazy. I strongly recommend you do the same.

10-15-2005, 09:02 PM
To calculate odds you have to put your opponent on a hand right? So if I put him on J then I have 6 outs on the flop assuming he doesn't have JQ or JA? That gives me ~8:1 so I can call if if the pot is 8 times the amount to call or more? Since the pot is $8.75 after the flop when its my turn, can't I call the $1? Lets just deal with the flop right now /images/graemlins/smile.gif Are my calculating skills way off ?

numeri
10-15-2005, 11:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
To calculate odds you have to put your opponent on a hand right? So if I put him on J then I have 6 outs on the flop assuming he doesn't have JQ or JA?

[/ QUOTE ]
How can you assume this? The standard is to deduct each overcard out to 1.5 each because of the chance that he actually does have QJ or AJ. Also, why can't anyone have a 4?