PDA

View Full Version : Mod Battle Round 1

MEbenhoe
10-15-2005, 07:10 PM

MEbenhoe
10-15-2005, 07:14 PM
what does everybody think the closest match/biggest blowout will be?

jdl22
10-15-2005, 07:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Clearly me versus commodus - too close to call.

AngryCola
10-15-2005, 07:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Closest: Citanul vs. chesspain
Biggest Blowout: Mat Sklansky over stabn (Sorry, stabn /images/graemlins/smirk.gif)

EDIT-
Yeah, I changed one of my picks. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

stabn
10-15-2005, 07:45 PM
This is the correct vote for the first two:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y151/stabn/voting.jpg

stabn
10-15-2005, 07:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Closest: Citanul vs. chesspain
Biggest Blowout: Mat Sklansky over stabn (Sorry, stabn /images/graemlins/smirk.gif)

EDIT-
Yeah, I changed one of my picks. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Shrug i'm not voting for myself either /images/graemlins/wink.gif.

MEbenhoe
10-15-2005, 09:20 PM
bumperiffic

valenzuela
10-15-2005, 10:27 PM
bump.
Are we using brackets or seeding system( ie if seed 32 wins will he play number 2 or the winner of 16 vs 17)

TheBlueMonster
10-15-2005, 10:29 PM
the OOT mods are gonna win cause of the voracity (nice word eh /images/graemlins/grin.gif) of the OOT posters.

[censored]
10-15-2005, 10:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Polls are judged more harshly than threads started wthout a poll. Polls which are the basis of a multi-thread tournament will be judged even more harshly (they better be good)

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmmm I don't know. perhaps I'll just see how I do before I decide.

thoughts?

MEbenhoe
10-15-2005, 10:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
bump.
Are we using brackets or seeding system( ie if seed 32 wins will he play number 2 or the winner of 16 vs 17)

[/ QUOTE ]

brackets

MEbenhoe
10-15-2005, 10:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Polls are judged more harshly than threads started wthout a poll. Polls which are the basis of a multi-thread tournament will be judged even more harshly (they better be good)

[/ QUOTE ]

thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

i did put a disclaimer in the original seeding thread that said if any of the mods have a problem with this, that i have no problem with you locking it and ending the contest.

p.s. also i doubt you lose your first round match

valenzuela
10-15-2005, 10:41 PM
I propose a change on the rules and have each round to last 3 days so we can get more votes, negociate with other forums , more chances for dramatic comebacks,etc.

bugstud
10-15-2005, 10:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

i did put a disclaimer in the original seeding thread that said if any of the mods have a problem with this, that i have no problem with you locking it and ending the contest.

[/ QUOTE ]

he's not doin so great...

[censored]
10-15-2005, 10:45 PM
I don't have a problem with it as far as being offended and it is obviously being done in a good natured way. But what does it really decide and will it be interesting as the rounds progress? Seems like this could get really old really fast much like that crappy ass and similar contest sexdrugsmoney tried to do.

Mat is the best moderator and commodus is cool because of the mystery surrounding his identity and how he rose to power. But we already knew that.

Most of the moderators really don't do anything beyond tending to their forums (spam, moving posts) so I can't see any of these that don't include Mat (because he is the admin) Commodus (as discussed) and perhaps myself (because of the controversy) being anything other than a who do you like best poll which i'm sure the participants themselves don't care about (or atleast I would hope so). Clearly a similar none mod poll would result in exile from myself and i'm just wondering if this is all that different.

I'm willing to entertain arguements here because some people seem to enjoy it but i'm leaning on the side of this is just another sucky poll within a sucky tournament.

I was kidding about seeing how I do. I already know I am the greatest moderator in the history of the internet. If anything me winning probably means I have not been hard enough as of late.

CardSharpCook
10-15-2005, 10:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm excited by this tourney. I hope you don't lock it.

As for your results: People either love you or hate you, not much middle ground. (you got my vote)

MEbenhoe
10-15-2005, 10:47 PM
if you dont want me to finish this out i wont, just thought it would be fun. so basically, its up to you.

[censored]
10-15-2005, 10:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm excited by this tourney. I hope you don't lock it.

As for your results: People either love you or hate you, not much middle ground. (you got my vote)

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok perhaps it would help if you explained what it is that excites you about it? I mean what is interesting about seeing who it more liked beyond the more visible mods. I barely know anything about how they mod beyond 2-3. All I know is mostly how good of a poker player they are percieved to be and how good of an OOT poster they are and I'm confident that I know more about these guys then many of the people who frequent OOT. But this contest isn't about who is the better poster/player is it?

CardSharpCook
10-15-2005, 10:52 PM
ah, lighten up, bro. Yeah, it's just a popularity contest, but it is yet another outlet for our competitive instincts.

[censored]
10-15-2005, 10:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
if you dont want me to finish this out i wont, just thought it would be fun. so basically, its up to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes of course it is up to me. If I had decided it isn't going to be finished it won't be. But I haven't i'm just asking some questions as its obvious you did put thought into and its not mean spirited. I'm just thinking out loud and asking questions.

[censored]
10-15-2005, 11:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ah, lighten up, bro. Yeah, it's just a popularity contest, but it is yet another outlet for our competitive instincts.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's not a matter of lightening up as I'm not going to do anything, I'm just curious.

I thought the original poll was interesting and people seemed to enjoy it but I also thought that pretty much clearly displayed how everyone felt on the subject.

Again I'm just expressing some thoughts and saying stating what should or should not be done. Noone has complained beyond me so I'll assume everyone else enjoys it.

Malachii
10-15-2005, 11:03 PM
Wacki versus Xorbie will be closest. Both are damn cool.

[censored]
10-15-2005, 11:05 PM
Also on my own voting most of this was decided as randomly as possible as I feel the same towards all of them minus a 1 or 2. If that is what everyone else is doing or simply picking the name they recognize does that consitute a good poll?

I guess when I say polls should be good these are the things people should be thinking about. Things like will the voters have a reason to care either way, will they be able to argue and discuss why one side is superior. How does deciding between Mr.wookiepants and durrun90210 bring that about?

I'd be interested in hearing the thoughts from the very good posters here.

Blarg
10-15-2005, 11:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems fair. He who lives by the sword dies by the sword. Anyway there is no power to kick a mod out, so this seems pretty mild stuff indeed. So mild as to not even seem all that interesting.

Lazymeatball
10-16-2005, 12:10 AM
Judging by the number of people who have voted in this poll, it seems pretty popular. If it's not your thing, fine. I was never interested in your hundreds of Ms. OOT polls, so I just didn't read them, problem solved. This poll at least has valid choices. Your job is to stick to the obvious crap like ManyBeers. By the way, mrwookiepants is far superior based on his wiggum avatar.

[censored]
10-16-2005, 12:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Judging by the number of people who have voted in this poll, it seems pretty popular. If it's not your thing, fine. I was never interested in your hundreds of Ms. OOT polls, so I just didn't read them, problem solved. This poll at least has valid choices. Your job is to stick to the obvious crap like ManyBeers. By the way, mrwookiepants is far superior based on his wiggum avatar.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK this is somewhat of what I was looking for. If it's just me then that is totally fine.

ptmusic
10-16-2005, 01:29 AM
This is an entertaining poll to me. For one thing, it's interesting to see how the mods (including you) are reacting.

-ptmusic

CardSharpCook
10-16-2005, 02:21 AM
Are there brackets here? Or is the next round gonna be: highest seed left vs. lowest seed left
2nd highest vs. 2nd lowest
ect.?

durron597
10-16-2005, 06:06 AM
Wow, I'm doing better against Evan than I thought I would.

xorbie
10-16-2005, 06:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think anyone in OOT knows much about me besides the fact that I make quesedillas the wrong shape and love Mars Volta.

WEASEL45
10-16-2005, 06:37 AM
how is BruceZ losing?
he is the smartest/best mod ther is no question

xorbie
10-16-2005, 06:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
how is BruceZ losing?

[/ QUOTE ]

Who the [censored] is BruceZ?

(to answer your question with a question)

spamuell
10-16-2005, 06:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
how is BruceZ losing?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It saddens me that a mod wouldn't know this.

Entity ftw.

xorbie
10-16-2005, 07:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
how is BruceZ losing?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Entity ftw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would me being a mod have anything to do with it?

AngryCola
10-16-2005, 07:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
how is BruceZ losing?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Entity ftw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would me being a mod have anything to do with it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he's saying, as a mod, you should know more of the better members than most people.

BruceZ is one of the best.

BoxTree
10-16-2005, 07:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He sure is. But JBB rocks.

durron597
10-16-2005, 07:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO that contest should be much closer, since both rule.

BoxTree
10-16-2005, 07:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO that contest should be much closer, since both rule.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you asked the posters in the Probability forum, this would be a blowout in favor of BruceZ. But for OOT posters, JBB is the clear winner.

4_2_it
10-16-2005, 08:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Xorbie is getting pwned. I'll have to rile up the SSHE masses.

BobboFitos
10-16-2005, 08:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont know, we at MHNL love azk

valenzuela
10-16-2005, 10:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Are there brackets here? Or is the next round gonna be: highest seed left vs. lowest seed left
2nd highest vs. 2nd lowest
ect.?

[/ QUOTE ]
Brackets, I already asked btw...

MegaBet
10-16-2005, 10:15 AM
Citanul and durron597 are by far the best mods at 2+2 /images/graemlins/grin.gif

valenzuela
10-16-2005, 01:58 PM
After a shady start from durron, the SNG forum got together and now durron is making a dramatic comeback!!! Btw this is also a bump post.

cha59
10-16-2005, 04:15 PM
durron is starting to pull away - 12 votes ahead now!

durron597
10-16-2005, 04:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The [censored] - AZK match is a lot more interesting than mine...

MegaBet
10-16-2005, 04:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the most interesting match would be if durron faces citanul...handbags at dawn /images/graemlins/grin.gif

durron597
10-16-2005, 05:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the most interesting match would be if durron faces citanul...handbags at dawn /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Will never happen, Commodus is going to win and in the bracket I face Commodus before citanul.

valenzuela
10-16-2005, 05:19 PM
youre a pussy durron , u can beat commodus!!
All the threads I create for you on the sng forum...look you can upset commodus. i mean everyone should think about what will commodus post if he loses against you.

MegaBet
10-16-2005, 06:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Will never happen, Commodus is going to win and in the bracket I face Commodus before citanul.

[/ QUOTE ]

But you are Russell Crowe! And we all know what happened in Gladiator... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

KDawgCometh
10-16-2005, 06:46 PM
gotta give love to ent and evan. SS unite. I do think that commodus is gonna take this thing. Mysterious figures kick ass

CardSharpCook
10-16-2005, 07:13 PM
This can't be listed in bracket order because you have #1 vs #2 next round. Do it like NCAA BBall (1/32 now faces 16/17) or do it like NHL (top seed remaining vs worst seed remaining)

MEbenhoe
10-16-2005, 07:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This can't be listed in bracket order because you have #1 vs #2 next round. Do it like NCAA BBall (1/32 now faces 16/17) or do it like NHL (top seed remaining vs worst seed remaining)

[/ QUOTE ]

its not listed in bracket order, dont worry, i have the bracket worked out in proper order, but when i made the poll when it posted it reordered the questions, not sure why.