PDA

View Full Version : Standard Fold?

scotty34
10-15-2005, 06:51 PM
MP is an unknown, but I can tell already he is a donkey (do you see why?)
CO is around 50/10 over a small sample

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif. MP posts a blind of $2.
UTG calls, MP (poster) checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG calls, MP calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP 3-bets</font>, CO calls, Hero folds.

Do you fold this against an unknown idiot? Does CO's calling change your thinking at all?

deception5
10-15-2005, 06:54 PM
I'd usually reraise or fold here preflop. If you call it will be 5 way nearly always where there's a good chance the poster and BB won't call 2 more.

Getting nearly 20:1 I'd call and try to spike a T. I'm giving up on the turn though.

thesharpie
10-15-2005, 06:56 PM
Is it because he posted in MP instead of CO? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Why are you calling this PF? 10 PFR% is fairly passive and you're often dominated in worst position here.

I don't fold the flop yet. You could still be ahead and if not you're getting correct implied odds for your 2 outer.

thesharpie
10-15-2005, 06:59 PM
I'm tempted to call this down getting like 6 to 1 effective. Check reraise on a paired board is a strong move, but I can see him doing this with some garbage 1 in 7 times, especially since he posted in MP, he thinks "me have 2 pair".

scotty34
10-15-2005, 07:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is it because he posted in MP instead of CO? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Why are you calling this PF? 10 PFR% is fairly passive and you're often dominated in worst position here.

I don't fold the flop yet. You could still be ahead and if not you're getting correct implied odds for your 2 outer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea I agree the PF call was bad (I was dominated as it turned out later).

I'm not sure about the implied odds if I spike a T, as I'm not sure if I would consider a C/R or not. I'm getting 18:1 on the call, and I need 22:1 for a two outer. I really don't know what the chance of being ahead or not is, especially with CO calling 2 - I may have the third best hand here. It's pretty marginal I would think.