PDA

View Full Version : What's the fastest way to get UB points?

kurosh
10-15-2005, 06:43 PM
Is it 3-tabling HU limit?

Keith Fellmy
10-15-2005, 07:08 PM
no such thing...play somewhere else!

Shoe
10-15-2005, 07:08 PM
Win them at the UB point tables. (although if your talking about getting points to clear a bonus, points you win won't count towards the bonus).

kurosh
10-15-2005, 07:09 PM
No no, actually earn them. I want share points.

10-15-2005, 07:50 PM
You get more points for starting games. You get double for being one of the first 2 players at a table, and 50% more for being 3rd or 4th to a table. So learn how to play shorthanded and HU limit holdem.

kurosh
10-15-2005, 07:52 PM
I saw that, but every time I sit down first, it only says +25%.

10-15-2005, 07:54 PM
Hmmm, I haven't played short in a while. Maybe they changed the starting-table point system. Bastards.

MicroBob
10-15-2005, 08:10 PM
yes...they changed this several months ago.

POKhER
10-15-2005, 08:10 PM
i got 400, I needed them for a boogster.com deal.
I played 1/2 and killgames(Kill helped get the pot huge on occasions = More points).

Also starting table = 25% more, So play some HU-SH. Thats it really... I lost $80 at the 1/2 tables.

Rock fest, with everyone slowplaying AA/KK to the turn then letting rip. Bah, crappy place.

*wonders off to read ssh*

MicroBob
10-15-2005, 08:12 PM
i love it when my opponents fail to extract maximum value out of their AA and KK.
I also love it when my opponents are ludicrously weak-tight rocks.

Hmmmm.....maybe I'll have to check it out again.

POKhER
10-15-2005, 08:20 PM
I do too, but not when they check raise the turn and get a extra 2SB out of me(That they may not have got had they Preflop raises) So in the end they seem to win more... Unless i outdrew them.

Weak tight = Probably me right now. /images/graemlins/blush.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif

10-15-2005, 08:40 PM
If you play well against weakies, it's definitely the place to be.

goodguy_1
10-16-2005, 04:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
yes...they changed this several months ago.

[/ QUOTE ]
UB is changing their business model I think they are going to surpise people in the next year.

They are moving away from direct incentives/discounts to existing UB players which hurt their bottom line instead they are focusing on boosting top line revenue by adding new skins. They will let the skins bare the brunt of the discounting ie rakeback.. They want more volume and they are going to get it..it will be interesting to see if they increase marketing as well.

They need to do more mass media advertising less industry advertising to entice more new players(fish) to the room. If they did that and combine volume from new skins they could really make Party nervous.

Losing all
10-16-2005, 04:55 AM
That's great news GG. I'd love to see UB give party and Stars a run for their money, some fish would go a long way.

dibbs
10-16-2005, 04:57 AM
On a side note, how much are these share points actually worth, as an estimate? I really have no idea what number to expect at the end of the quarter.

MicroBob
10-16-2005, 05:24 AM
I agree that if they changed directions they should be able to get new players.

They have freaking Phil Hellmuth and Annie Duke for crying-out loud.
To newbie's who only occasionally watch a little poker on TV en passing, these are two of the most famous players out there.

I tried to set up a pokershare account but it still detects UB on my computer even after I uninstalled it. So it won't let me install pokershare.

Also, I got an e-mail back from an affiliate that pokershare decided a few days ago to not allow rake-back but I don't know if that's correct or not.

Obviously some of this probably belongs over in the affiliates forum....and maybe some of the information I'm looking for is available over there. I haven't looked yet, just thought I'd mention it here since the whole pokershare topic came up.

dibbs
10-16-2005, 05:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I tried to set up a pokershare account but it still detects UB on my computer even after I uninstalled it. So it won't let me install pokershare.

Also, I got an e-mail back from an affiliate that pokershare decided a few days ago to not allow rake-back but I don't know if that's correct or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you follow the intstructions of a RB site in setting it up? It's kind of odd because when you install it and go to log on, your UB name is still there, I got it to work following aff. instructions but I forget exactly how I did it, I never had to uninstall UB either.

Supposedly they just cut RB already too, wierd.

Sniper
10-16-2005, 05:30 AM
Pokershare points thread (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=3630621&page=4&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1)

dibbs
10-16-2005, 05:31 AM
Thank ya.

MicroBob
10-16-2005, 05:35 AM
1 site finally got back to me and said they weren't offering rb on pokershare anymore.

Another site had an old page that they linked me too....and it just told me to uninstall pokershare if I had installed it before. I wrote back asking for more but they didn't respond.

It's possible that pokershare had to change things if UB told them to cut it out.

After i downloaded the pokershare set-up it simple would NOT install because 'it has detected the poker-software already on my computer'.

I couldn't even get to the part where you see your old UB handle or anything like that. It cut me off before I got there.

Piper Tim
10-16-2005, 07:51 AM
I signed up for PokerShare a week or so back with rakeback. But, to make a deposit I had to have UB remove my old account. I was quite surprised. UB got back to me within 30 minutes. A short time later the old account was removed.