PDA

View Full Version : Drinks for Females

10-15-2005, 05:51 PM
We recently went on a beer run for the dorm room, over 90 bucks worth of Rolling Rock, Pacifica, Heinekin, Budweiser Select, etc. My roomate decided to get a handle of Smirnoff Rasberry flavored vodka "for the bitches that come in the room." Besides laughing at him for sounding like Farva from Supertroopers, I felt a bit miffed, seeing as he could have bought some Jack or something, you know, good. Is there any truth to his argument? In my experience girls can drink the same [censored] that guys do, and sometimes do it better. IMO, it was a waste of money. I haven't tried it yet, but sources tell me its pretty bad.

jakethebake
10-15-2005, 05:53 PM
This thread has been twice in the last two weeks or so. Try the search function.

tdarko
10-15-2005, 05:56 PM
1. what jake said
2. bitches?
3. have fun with your new title
4. if you come back choose a better screename, yours is too familiar.

10-15-2005, 06:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1. what jake said
2. bitches?
3. have fun with your new title
4. if you come back choose a better screename, yours is too familiar.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. I tried searching....I suck at it, no results.
2. Yes, he said "bitches". If you read closely, you would have realized that it wasn't ME saying that.
3. if he decides to ban me again, so be it. I thought this was a pretty legitamate question, but [censored] has proven to be a pretty fair mod, so if he thinks it sucks that badly, ok.
4. Hmmmm....that was kinda the point. I liked my old name.

mason55
10-15-2005, 06:08 PM
Why do you think that fruity alcoholic drinks are called girly drinks???

Because girls like them. Most girls don't drink beer. Most girls aren't going to take shots of Jack. Obviously there are exceptions but if you're trying to impress a girl you will have different options for her. One of these options should be some sort of fruity cocktail you can make them.

tdarko
10-15-2005, 06:17 PM
1. yeah the search function can be a "bitch" sometimes /images/graemlins/wink.gif
2. sorry, your inability to break a post up into paragraphs and make it readable is the reason i just skimmed it and didn't actually know who said what.
4. haha you have been banned before?!?!
5. and you were egocide or something to that affect?

mason55
10-15-2005, 06:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Check out the [censored]'s sticky for the banned list. Also check out egocidal's location /images/graemlins/cool.gif

10-15-2005, 06:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1. yeah the search function can be a "bitch" sometimes /images/graemlins/wink.gif
2. sorry, your inability to break a post up into paragraphs and make it readable is the reason i just skimmed it and didn't actually know who said what.

[/ QUOTE ]

Paragraphs! Bah! As for me being banned before.....yea. But neither [censored] nor myself want to discuss this, im sure you can find out on your own.

tdarko
10-15-2005, 06:24 PM
as for the list of banned posters i hardly remember the names of them, i checked that post once and remembered what the rules were and haven't been back since i knew what the rules were before hand anyway.

how did i miss the location though? a lot multi-tasking i guess /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

mblax10
10-15-2005, 07:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
over 90 bucks worth of Rolling Rock, Pacifica, Heinekin, Budweiser Select,

[/ QUOTE ]

So what are you guys going to drink? I hope nothing from the list above.

TheBlueMonster
10-15-2005, 07:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Well the Heineken is good beer, but seriously, Bud Select? Why not Bud Ice? Or Beast Lite? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif
so proud of 90 bucks worth of crap...you a freshman?

10-16-2005, 12:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Well the Heineken is good beer, but seriously, Bud Select? Why not Bud Ice? Or Beast Lite? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif
so proud of 90 bucks worth of crap...you a freshman?

[/ QUOTE ]

The heinekin is mine, the pacifica is for one roomate, rolling rock the other (but i kind of like RR) and the select was our cheap can beer that we have never tried. We try to buy a lot of different stuff each time, not just our favorites over and over again. But i admit, the select has turned out to be crap, and the rolling rock better than I thought it would be. Heini is always good. And yes i am a freshman /images/graemlins/grin.gif

theben
10-16-2005, 01:04 AM
i'm not a fan of any smirnoff product and certainly not flavored vodkas. however, girls who are not used to drinking probably won't drink beer, jack, etc. you need to give them something fruity and sweet

Blarg
10-16-2005, 01:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why do you think that fruity alcoholic drinks are called girly drinks???

Because girls like them. Most girls don't drink beer. Most girls aren't going to take shots of Jack. Obviously there are exceptions but if you're trying to impress a girl you will have different options for her. One of these options should be some sort of fruity cocktail you can make them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this. It seems silly not to have what your guests like at a party. There's no "right" or "wrong" here -- except getting only what you or a few people like and forcing the other people to either have what they don't like or have nothing. WTF? A good host has his head well clear of his own ass.

Many women do tend to avoid beer, so they don't get fat or burst their pants getting bloated, and women tend to not like the "brown" liquors. Women also do tend to like fruity drinks. Margaritas, wine coolers, rum punches, etc. So make 'em happy. There's no part of making women happy like this that I can see as a bad thing, including spending extra money to do it and maybe having to cut back on what you and your buds like accordingly. Unless you like booze more than women, in which case, God help you, because only he could.

I also agree with theben, who says above he's not a fan of Smirnoff. I agree. I haven't had any super high level quality stuff they have, though, but it doesn't sound like that's what you'd be buying for this party anyway.

Spellmen
10-16-2005, 01:31 AM
Replace Heineken with Franziskanner

MrWookie47
10-16-2005, 01:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Bud Select

[/ QUOTE ]

As a complete aside, I've been wondering about this beer. I mean, sure, it's Bud, so it can't be all that good. However, I've definitely been curious as to if it's worth buying. Anyone know if it's a decent value? What's it like?

Back on topic, the undisputed champion of girl drinks IMO is the Panty Ripper - 1.5 oz Malibu coconut rum, 1.5 oz vodka, and fill the glass w/ either OJ or, if you're good, pineapple juice (hell, mixing 'em works good, too). Actually, I heard of one version that substituted 151 for the vodka. I dubbed it the Panty Obliterator. Cheap, easy, and effective.

manpower
10-16-2005, 02:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bud Select

[/ QUOTE ]

As a complete aside, I've been wondering about this beer. I mean, sure, it's Bud, so it can't be all that good. However, I've definitely been curious as to if it's worth buying. Anyone know if it's a decent value? What's it like?

[/ QUOTE ]
I've had it, it's not so great. If I recally correctly, it had a very dry taste to it and almost no flavor. It could be appealing to the certain people, but for me it was worse than regular Bud.

ethan
10-16-2005, 02:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i'm not a fan of any smirnoff product and certainly not flavored vodkas. however, girls who are not used to drinking probably won't drink beer, jack, etc. you need to give them something fruity and sweet

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this was introduced to me as a "Georgia Iced Tea"

1oz vodka
1oz light rum
1.5oz triple sec
1.5oz peach schnapps
shake into tall glass over ice, fill with sprite

You can add a dash of Blue Curacao for color - if you do, you might want to cut back on the triple sec slightly.

dibbs
10-16-2005, 03:11 AM
We always stock bud light and flavored barcardis and vodkas for the ladies.