PDA

View Full Version : AKs

10-15-2005, 05:13 PM
BB has low aggression, that's about all I know. I figured he would have capped on the flop if he had an 8. UTG showed no aggression especially with his turn check, so I figured there was no way he was slow playing anything. Couldn't put either of them on flat spade draw... How'd I do here?

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (10 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter (http://www.pokerhand.org)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (8.40 SB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds.

Turn: (9.70 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

River: (12.70 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 16.70 BB

lautzutao
10-15-2005, 05:29 PM
If BB has low aggression, just the fact that he's raising here should be worrying you. He won't cap because he's afraid of bigger hands out there.

I wouldn't have raised the river, I don't think it improved your hand to a winner.

digitalis
10-15-2005, 05:56 PM
When a typical player C/Rs like that I'm going to just call it down. He might be playing a K weird but most of the time he has the 8.

lerxst337
10-15-2005, 06:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If BB has low aggression, just the fact that he's raising here should be worrying you. He won't cap because he's afraid of bigger hands out there.

I wouldn't have raised the river, I don't think it improved your hand to a winner.

[/ QUOTE ]

No way, you played the flop and the turn fine. You must 3-bet on the flop. The fact that a passive player raised the flop I think is a rather decent indicator that he has a K. Most bad players almost always try to trap and raise the turn when they hit trips.

Where you went wrong is the river. When he donks you, you have essentially getting 10:1 and call to win..., which you would obviously do--you are easily still best 10% of the time.

But when you raise, you are essentially value betting--a bet that has to be good more than half the time--AND CALLED-- to be profitable. There is no way your hand is good this often if a passive player is betting into you on a flush board after you've been ramming the whole way. Like a previous poster said, the 8 still beats you, and now there is a flush. What worse hands would call your raise?

Given your line on the flop, if you were 4-bet on the flop, I'd fold the turn UI, and definitely fold if raised the turn.