PDA

View Full Version : A Few Hands

jedmb
05-30-2003, 09:52 PM
Ok, here's a few from pokerclub.com. (I play at this crappy site because of the $100 deposit match. I DO NOT recommend it. I've experienced some very weird connection problems, and their all-in feature does not seem to work. PM me if you have questions about the problems I've had, I can give you and earful.)

I'm playing against maybe one good player (.50-1), and I'm getting a bit frustrated. I got a series of great hands and they got cracked. Here's a few of them. Any commentary on my play would be great, thanks!

Hand 1:
I'm in late position with KdKc. Four callers to me, I raise. SB folds, BB calls, the rest call. Six players see the flop.
Flop: Qc 5h 4c
Two checks to my main opponent, who I thought to be a strong player until I spoke to him after this hand. He bets, two calls, I raise. Two people fold, the rest call.
Turn: [Qc 5h 4c] 6c
Checks to me, I bet. I'm afraid of the flush, but I have the Kc so I'm hoping for the fourth club. (Would've gotten destroyed if that happened.) One fold, MP opponent and EP opponent call.
River: [Qc 5h 4c 6c] 8h
Checks to me, I bet, both call. MP opponent shows down AsAc, EP opponent shows a pair of queens. I chatted with the MP opponent: Why no raise? He says: I was afraid of the straight. I said: I meant preflop, and what about the flush??? He said: oh yeah.
I suppose a little more caution here would have been good, but what more could I have done?

Hand 2:
I'm UTG, raise with AA, MP weak player calls, BB calls .50 more.
Flop: 10 2 J two tone. I bet, MP calls, BB folds.
Turn: [10 2 J] Ac, putting three clubs on the board. I check, MP checks.
River: [10 2 J Ac] Qs, I bet, MP raises, I call. He shows K7o.
I was afraid of the flush, but gave him a free miracle card. I can't say whether he would have folded to a bet on the turn. I think I should have bet it, because even if I was facing the flush, a raise would give me that information. Comments?

Hand 3:
Early and Middle positions fold, bad player in front of me calls, I call (one off the button) and consider raising with AdTh. Button calls, SB folds, BB checks.
Flop: 2d 6h 5c BB checks, bad player in front of me bets,
I call, everyone else calls.
Turn: [2d 6h 5c] 10c Bad player bets, I call, everyone else folds. I should have raised with top pair.
River: [2d 6h 5c 10c] Qs Bad player bets, I call. He shows 2 10o.
I was just a little upset about this hand. Anything I could have done better?

Thanks!

lil'
05-30-2003, 10:19 PM
Hand 1: What can you do? Anytime you have K-K against A-A, K-K is gonna lose some money. You can be thankful you didn't lose more. Nothing you can do, you did fine.

Hand 2: I would bet this turn. You have top set which is probably best. Even on the off chance that it isn't, you have 10 outs to a full house. You can't let a lone club or a gutshot draw take a free card here. I don't know if he would have folded either, as his pre-flop and flop calls were horrendous.

Hand 3: I think A-10o is good enough to raise a late limper from the cutoff. Perhaps this would have made him fold his lousy 2 on the flop. It's hard to say if you could have won this hand. It's very hard to figure out what the 10-2o player is thinking. I undersrand why it made you upset! /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

SoCalPat
05-30-2003, 10:48 PM
Hand 3

If the BP is leading out, and you're next into the pot, I would raise with A10 every time. It'll likely put you heads-up with him and get you the button.

Then, when he bets out with bottom pair, you can raise. With his holdings, why would he stick around ... nevermind, we're talking about a bad player here.

When you hit top pair on the turn, I would raise again with your TPTK. You don't know that you're behind, but in hindsight, you have 9 outs (8 of them clean) to beat him (three A, three 5s, three 6s -- only the 6c isn't truly clean).

Short of the board turning scary, or a re-raise on his part, you have to hammer him from the start. You're clearly ahead with A10, fall slightly behind on the flop, gain nothing on the turn, but have plenty of outs at the river.