PDA

View Full Version : crazy sb hand

rkiray
05-30-2003, 09:26 PM
I'm in sb with A /forums/images/icons/club.gif J /forums/images/icons/club.gif . An EP limp, and a MP limps, I call, BB checks. Four to the flop of A /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 9 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif 2 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif . I check with intention of raising. BB ( a tight aggressive winning player) bets, EP (never seen before, only played about 10 hands at this table) raises, unknow MP cold calls, I now make it three bets. I think this was my first mistake. I wish I knew more about the raiser, but in the few hands I had seen he had been aggresive, so I thought maybe he was one of the Paradise hyper aggressive players. BB calls 2 bets, EP caps it, all call.

Turn 9 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif Not a very good card. I check, BB checks, EP bets, everyone calls. I think I should have gotten out here, so probably mistake two.

River 6 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif I check, BB bets, EP raises, MP folds, I fold, BB raises, EP raises, BB calls.

Guess what the EP had, and tell me how I played the hand.

rkiray
05-30-2003, 10:55 PM
EP had AA. Normally I think it's a mistake to not raise with this hand preflop but it sure worked for him. BTW, now that I've played about 150 hands with him, my initial impression was correct. He is a loose aggressive semi-maniac who seems to like trick plays. For example, even though he normally is very aggressive twice I saw him flop top pair, check and call until the river where he check raise still with just top pair. I also saw him reraise with 88. I think not raising preflop with AA works especially well with his style. Since he generally raises too much, his raise wouldn't get as much respect and I admit I was totally surprized when he turned over AA (as I am sure the other two people in the hand must have been also).

SoCalPat
05-30-2003, 11:24 PM
Sorry, I read the results already /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

That said, I would have raised pre-flop. I can't put anyone on AA who limps in, and it would have cost me here, but the majority of the time, this hand is probably superior to two limpers ahead of you.

Agreed on the turn mistake. The fact that so many were willing to stick around with the betting capped should say you're toast here.

rkiray
05-31-2003, 11:00 PM
In the past I probably would have raised preflop. For the last week or so I've been trying something new that really seems to work well with the hyperaggresive players on Paradise. I'm check raising a lot more. Used to do it more than normal but on PP it really works well. Specifically there are two cases were I'm now cr much more. When I flop a draw in early position, and HPFAP advices to often cr, when you have AK or AQ in blinds just call preflop then cr if you either hit your hand or if all rags flop. This is working so well that I extended it at PP to AJs and KQs. That's why I didn't raise preflop. This helps you a couple of ways. First of all you often win when the hyperagressive players fold their nothings on the turn when you bet into them on the turn. Also if you cr 3 or 4 times they usually slow down. Once a known aggressive play gives me one or two free cards I'll go back to raising preflop and betting the draws on the flop. It is amazing how much money I've made in the last week with these plays.

Louie Landale
05-31-2003, 11:35 PM
Your J is in some trouble if a rational EP BETS at that A92 flop. When the tight BB bets and then an unknown EP raises, folding is your prime option. Playing this hand only makes sense of EP is especially assertive.

Once you are "committed" I don't think the turn call is such a disaster; you can still realistically snag a J to win it.

Sure would be interested in BBs hand, no doubt A9.

- Louie

rkiray
05-31-2003, 11:39 PM
I think he had a K high flush, but that is just a guess.

rkiray
06-01-2003, 02:42 PM
Actually I stated this poorly. I meant he had the nut flush. I think he got a free ride in the BB with Kx /forums/images/icons/spade.gif . I said he was tight, but also aggressive. He would definitely bet the nut flush draw on the flop, and I don't think he respected the semi-maniacs bets. I know I was shocked when he showed his boat.