PDA

View Full Version : call this river push?

chopchoi
10-15-2005, 01:52 PM
Me: 3,300 chips. Limper: 1700 chip
I'm BB with T8o. 1 limper, SB completes.

Flop: 9,6,5, rainbow. It checks to the limper. She plays every pot, and always bets the minimum when she's last to act and it checks to her. She does the same here. SB folds, I raise to 200. She calls.

Turn: 10. I bet 400 and she calls.

River: 5. I check, she pushes. Do I call?

chopchoi
10-18-2005, 07:05 PM
Nobody?

Here's what I was thinking: On the flop, I figured she probably didn't have much, since she always makes a min-bet when checked to her and she's last to act, so I check-raised her. When she called, I figured maybe she had a piece of it, or maybe she just doesn't fold to check-raises (there seem to be quite a few players who share this philosophy).

On the turn, I figured I probably had the best hand, so I bet. Once she called, I wasn't so sure.

I checked the river, hoping for a cheap show-down, because I didn't know if I was ahead or not. When she pushed, I didn't know if it was because she had a hand, or because she thought the 5 was a scare card, and that she might be able to steal the pot.

cferejohn
10-18-2005, 07:13 PM
So 1100 into a pot of something like 2500? I am leaning strongly towards a call. Have you seen her get aggressive like this on the river before? If no, that might push me towards a fold.

What were the blinds? If 25/50, swell. If 50/100, probably want to check-raise a bit bigger...