PDA

View Full Version : AKo in BB, missed flop.

David04
10-15-2005, 01:16 PM
UTG+1 is Tight/Passive.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, SB calls.

Standard.

Flop: (6 SB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, SB folds.

Okay, make the continuation bet here. I'm called in one spot, which isn't terrible. I still have a gutshot draw and two overcards.

Turn: (4 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Since Villain here is tight and passive, I was hoping to push him off his hand...he calls. I doubt that he has a queen, because he would have probably raised. So now I'm going to the river with ten outs at the very best. What is my river play, assuming a blank hits? Check/fold? Bet out? Do you slow down on the turn when called on the flop?

Thanks a lot, I'll post the river later.

xenthebrain
10-15-2005, 01:22 PM
check/call the river UI.

He might have been on a flush-/straightdraw and bets it,
you have a little showdown value.

WordWhiz
10-15-2005, 01:27 PM
Against a particularly passive player, I check/fold. If the guy is smart enough to realize that you probably whiffed the flop when you check the river, check/call.

MrWookie47
10-15-2005, 01:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Against a particularly passive player, I check/fold. If the guy is smart enough to realize that you probably whiffed the flop when you check the river, check/call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tight passive players (with no better read than that) are the worst to be against in this spot. You know he's calling with something, and that something is probably not a 2, and it may not be a Q, but is it a T, or a draw? If he bets, then what? I might call a total brick, but anything that'd complete any draw that he might have probably turns this into a fold.