PDA

View Full Version : Propoker....Anyone interested?

rusty JEDI
05-30-2003, 06:38 PM
Maybe this has been mentioned but ive never seen it.This is for all of those who have yet to make their first time deposit for the huge deposit bonus.

How about we get 10 of us together, and all make our deposits. We then go and play each other and only play when all 10 of us get a table together so we are guaranteed that no korean investors see our cards. We will play for real so it isnt like we are cheating the bonus and just checking it around at minimum rake or anything. Now i realize that a game with 10 zooers would be tough but the bonus is great overlay.

Any interested parties, please respond and we can set up a time where we can put 4 hours in and try to see how far into clearing the bonus we get. If we dont, we will book another 4 hour period later.

rJ

Mike Haven
05-30-2003, 06:50 PM
it sounds like a great idea in principle, but it would be a little irritating if they went bust the day we were there (they CAN'T last much longer with no real players, surely?), or, if they simply didn't pay the winners in any case

i doubt if they have a cashout method in place, anyway, as they have never needed one up to now

GrannyMae
05-30-2003, 08:57 PM
the best thing that a team of 10 could do is earn the "paid to play" bonus. it used to be a $100 bonus added to your account for every 150 raked hands. they recently changed this to every 375 hands for 5-10 and up, and about a billion hands for the lower limits.

i think michael is right about them voiding the depo bonuses (not paying out), but i can't see how they could deny the paid to play bonus. this is a great idea, and one that i wish you had come up with prior to their recent policy change.

http://www.computerpannen.com/cwm/contrib/owen/loopy.gif

richie
05-30-2003, 10:36 PM
The question that comes to my mind is would you be able to find a table that 10 "real" people could sit in? The last time I played there all the tables had 8 or 9 "bots" playing, waiting for the "live one" to sit down. Would they open a new table if there were 10 players waiting to play say, 5-10? Good idea though. I hope it works /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

rr2000
05-31-2003, 01:11 AM
This is collusion!

dux
05-31-2003, 01:19 AM
Why don't we play Omaha Hi Lo? They don't have bots there so there are empty tables. The highest stakes they offer are 2/4 though. 7 Stud though I've never played it outside a home game, is another option. That also goes only up to 2/4. We could all improve our side games to say the least. If we can get a consortium (and this is not collusion) I will be happy to play after my exams finish in about mid/late June. Any takers?

Oh yeah, there are no empty tables in Holdem, the smallest is 6 people.

rusty JEDI
05-31-2003, 01:20 AM
How is it collusion when 10 of us are going to play against eachother, and not play at all if we cant get a full table of 10 in fear of korean investors.

dux
05-31-2003, 01:21 AM
Sorry, why is this collusion?

rusty JEDI
05-31-2003, 01:21 AM
I am definetly in for it. The only thing I fear from our plan is the site for some reason denying cashouts. But if i remember correct you put in a very low amount and get a very big bonus.

ThePinkBunny
05-31-2003, 01:26 AM
This is too much risk vs. reward in my book.

D

dux
05-31-2003, 01:26 AM
Basically you get a match bonus, if the constant stream of deposit bonus emails is true. I'm gonna go read one and make sure it isn't only for Holdem.

Have you deposited there before Rusty?

dux
05-31-2003, 01:30 AM
Here is their deposit bonuses:
<font color="blue">
Bonus 6A $51 Free for ($0.50/1.00 and $1/2 players)
(Deposit $50 or more and receive $51 FREE)
(10 hours of $0.50/1.00 or $1/2 Holdem required within 30 days.)

HIGHER THAN $1/2 LIMIT PLAY TIME DOES NOT COUNT FOR BONUS 6A

Bonus 6E $74 Free (for $2/4 and $3/6 players)

(Deposit $75 and receive $75 FREE)

(Must play 5 hours of $2/4 limit Holdem within 30 days of credit)
OTHER THEN $2/4 and $3/6 LIMITS OF PLAY DO NOT COUNT TOWARDS BONUS 6E

Bonus 6F $99 Free (for $4/8 and higher players)
(Deposit $100 or more and receive $99 FREE)
(Must play 5 hours of $4/8 or higher Holdem within 30 days to retain bonus.)
</font color>
There is zero chance of getting a bot free Holdem game at that site, so I'm out.

rusty JEDI
05-31-2003, 01:36 AM
I never have deposited there. I think the bonus is for first time deposits though.

dux
05-31-2003, 01:41 AM
The first time deposit bonus is $25 deposit and $75 free. I've already played at propoker, but I get the bonuses I outlined earlier. But as I said, it truly isn't worth it.

GrannyMae
05-31-2003, 04:22 AM
Why don't we play Omaha Hi Lo?

paid to play is for HE only, and that earn would be a major part of the income. certainly it is NOT collusion if all 10 players are participating. if the button raises, and the SB &amp; BB call the single raise, then check down to the river, the paid to play points would rack up very very quickly.

this game plan could not be altered. this means that even if you hold AA, you still do exactly what i described. this is all theoretical of course, and i would never consider doing it against a legit site.

however, would it not be nice to stick it to propoker?? also, propoker continues to do alot of advertising, so the speculation that they are insolvent is simply bogus. like i said, i'm not advocating this, but it is nice to think about getting them back and teaching them a lesson.

anyone that was really serious about something like this would be best served by taking this discussion off the boards and communicating in private.

please don't contact me, cuz i don't think it is worth the effort considering the risk of BR seizure, but i will secretly root on any team that trys to put a dent in the kimchee-kommandos.

http://users.telenet.be/eforum/emoticons4u/violent/sterb117.gif

HavanaBanana
05-31-2003, 06:12 AM
It's too much of an Oddstipset scheme, besides 51 dollars for 8 hours play is too little, even though on second thought, a check and fold game would have almost zero impact on the other games one play at the same time.

I guess it is kinda like when players in the penny games decide to all fold when a bonus hand comes up (always someone who mess it up though) at stars or paradise.

I complained when I saw this happen, then they didnt do anything about it so next bonus hand I went to 2cent 4 cent game, won a seat to the 25k freeroll at stars (actually 2 seats) and won the tourney for 6000+ dollars.

If you can't beat them, join them!

I think if 10 Zoo players decide to play regular games together (like a private table at another site) it is ok, but if they have a deal to check and fold every hand, then it is a scam a'la Oddstipset, and even against a cheater (Propoker) thats not right.

Two wrongs doesent make a right. (But 3 lefts do!)

rusty JEDI
05-31-2003, 06:27 AM
I had no intention of a check and fold match. I had more of a private table idea in mind.

I was sort of looking for the first time depositors. Then we all put in $25 and get $75 in bonus and go at it in as low of a limit as they have to ensure $25 will be enough.