PDA

View Full Version : Overplayed unimproved AK

friends
10-15-2005, 12:03 PM
Party 1/2, MP2 and button - loose and passive, SB - rock.

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (12.00 SB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB folds.

Turn: (8.00 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, Button calls, SB folds.

River: (11.00 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Button folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 15.00 BB.

1)Should I bet the flop to buy outs having 1:12 (it is not easy to eleminate opponents on such harmless flop, but..)?
2)Should I check/fold the turn having only 1:8 and maximum 4 outs?
3)The river is really overplayed, but should I call if there was a bet having 1:12/13 against 1/2 opponents?

Fantam
10-15-2005, 03:14 PM
1. Check/call the flop. You have a weak draw on a coordinated board in a multiway pot. You are unlikely to eliminate another drawing hand by bettng and risk being raised.

2. You picked up a gut-shot draw on the turn, so you have more outs. Check/calling seems better than betting, because your draw is still weak and you probably dont have much fold equity against 4 opponents.

3. I would probably have check/called the river. I doubt that its worth calling the river raise, because I think its unlikely that a passive player would raise into 2 opponents without the flush.

friends
10-15-2005, 04:12 PM
Thanks, quite resonable.

detruncate
10-15-2005, 04:27 PM
Hi friends. I don't love the flop bet. It's unlikely to help win you the pot and it's not for value. I check planning to see the turn for 1 bet.

I like the turn bet even less. It's possible you picked up more outs. The pot is big. You're very unlikely to be value betting and won't take down the pot right there. You're even less likely to have something worth trying to protect than you were on the turn. You probably have enough outs to see the turn for one bet (and will be closing the action or close to it if a bet comes from your left) but would much rather it checked through.

A river raise from a loose/passive player in this situation is not good. You could make a sanity call, but I think the chance that your hand is good is equivalent to the chance of a misclick.

digitalis
10-15-2005, 04:39 PM
I could see myself making the mistake of betting the flop. Looking at this flop I think there is a good chance I am ahead even with ace-high.

But no one is going to fold and your opponents will give you free cards. So take advantage of their passiveness and check the flop when you miss.